Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 50k Gold Reward Needs To Return To Crates!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default 50k Gold Reward Needs To Return To Crates!

Hello,

I believe that the 50k gold reward needs to return to locked crates. I understand that it was initially removed due to hyper inflation. However, that was when there was a lot of platinum farming occurring. Now, since platinum farming has been put to a stop, the economy has been a total downward slump. Nothing sells - nobody except the top 1% has gold.

Unfortunately, in this MMO, there is no way of getting the top 1% to trickle down their gold to the rest of the economy and the top 1% naturally will want to avoid that. So, the alternative option is pumping gold in the economy. Plat farming has been removed so putting the 50k gold reward back into locked crates will not mean hyper inflation. Why? The gold will only increase as much as people's wallet's allow, unlike before, where platinum supplies were endless.

Therefore, if developers/fellow forum goers could post their opinions, feedback, and updates towards making this happen - I would love to know what the rest of the community thinks!

~Zeus
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Put gold, ankhs, an occasional fossil and vial found in planar arenas would be greatly appreciated remove the epic rubbish pls
    Last edited by Avaree; 12-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yes! There needs to be more gold in the economy as there is a lot of supply of stuff, but the demand is so low since there is less gold circulating and this makes prices plummet at a very fast rate. Locks are one of the main ways gold gets put into the economy. One of the main reasons why prices are plummeting is because of energy kits and how they take gold out of the economy. Plat converts to energy kits. Energy kits get put into auc. Someone buys from auc. Someone uses energy kits and essentially using the gold and taking out it out of AL. The problem is with energy kits and how they remove the gold bc of their one time use only. I was thining the same thing Zeus or some other method of putting gold back into thr economy to stop the loss of it all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogoeswoof For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

in addition to the usual pot/cs fee gold sink we now have several areas with high ankh usage and little return unless one hit s the jackpot with recipe/fossil or dark crystal gear. this drains a lot of gold from farmers, while merchants only feel the backslash. all in all i think with the added necessary gold sinks there should also be better chances to accumulate gold, wether it is in crates or elsewhere.

also on a sidenote: with the event crates people pay millions for the crates, only to find out, they can t sell anything in the best case (that is if they loot something). a chance to get some gold back in crates is only fair.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    Yes! There needs to be more gold in the economy as there is a lot of supply of stuff, but the demand is so low since there is less gold circulating and this makes prices plummet at a very fast rate. Locks are one of the main ways gold gets put into the economy. One of the main reasons why prices are plummeting is because of energy kits and how they take gold out of the economy. Plat converts to energy kits. Energy kits get put into auc. Someone buys from auc. Someone uses energy kits and essentially using the gold and taking out it out of AL. The problem is with energy kits and how they remove the gold bc of their one time use only. I was thining the same thing Zeus or some other method of putting gold back into thr economy to stop the loss of it all.
    Me and 2 other people have dumped in over 300m worth of gold back into economy and it went directly to farmers. It literally did nothing. I can't spend all my gold, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Or increase liquadation prices for legendary. I like 50k much better though. Since STS decided to release a ton of mythic items, now we have an over supply of weapons, and not enough gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Its not a rich problem or a poor problem, its simply economics Its not to make the rich richer or encourage plat spending, it will merely help deflation and balance the one-time use only kit/ankh/elixer issue that is draining gold from the market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Me and 2 other people have dumped in over 300m worth of gold back into economy and it went directly to farmers. It literally did nothing. I can't spend all my gold, lol.
    Yeah i remember you bought like 4m worth of planar chests/eye of syrillax from me and what did I do with it? Spent it on energy kits from the auc which eliminates the gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Or increase liquadation prices for legendary. I like 50k much better though. Since STS decided to release a ton of mythic items, now we have an over supply of weapons, and not enough gold.
    It's not just mythic weapons that have dropped. Everything has dropped which is okay (it was expected from removing plat farming). However, even at rock bottom prices, nothing sells.

I believe the saying is: "Houston, we have a problem!"?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

You just did it the wrong way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    increase liquidation prices in general for all items

I get like only 6 gold per item.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Hello,

I believe that the 50k gold reward needs to return to locked crates. I understand that it was initially removed due to hyper inflation. However, that was when there was a lot of platinum farming occurring. Now, since platinum farming has been put to a stop, the economy has been a total downward slump. Nothing sells - nobody except the top 1% has gold.

Unfortunately, in this MMO, there is no way of getting the top 1% to trickle down their gold to the rest of the economy and the top 1% naturally will want to avoid that. So, the alternative option is pumping gold in the economy. Plat farming has been removed so putting the 50k gold reward back into locked crates will not mean hyper inflation. Why? The gold will only increase as much as people's wallet's allow, unlike before, where platinum supplies were endless.

Therefore, if developers/fellow forum goers could post their opinions, feedback, and updates towards making this happen - I would love to know what the rest of the community thinks!

~Zeus
    Can't agree with this. It would just further the economic gap between crate-poppers and non crate-poppers, which is already way too large. I would rather see elite bosses, like planar tombs and arena bosses, have 25K and 50K gold drops, than see crate poppers get even more money. At least this way it would go to people who actually play the game as it was originally intended.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Can't agree with this. It would just further the economic gap between crate-poppers and non crate-poppers, which is already way too large. I would rather see elite bosses, like planar tombs and arena bosses, have 25K and 50K gold drops, than see crate poppers get even more money. At least this way it would go to people who actually play the game as it was originally intended.
    I agree with you 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I like this idea. People will get rewarded for actually playing the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

+1 This idea is perfect!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

*cough* Twoxc *cough*
    Credits to Iady

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Re-introduction would cause the economy to regress pre-plat farm era, 100m items happened that scenario must be avoided esp. now that we know what too much gold means.

"selling arcane amulet for *wait for it* bam! 150m!"
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

24. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1 to this, or even increase all drops of gold from beating normal/elite bosses. Harder it is more the gold increase. This is more effective IMHO, because as you said Zeus there's only a select few that have enough money to buy the auction house themselves. And these few haven't gone where they are without spending thousands of $$$, therefore adding 50k to locked crates would just increase how much money they have and further decrease everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Rich people (mostly are crate opener) will get richer if instead of 5k gold they get 50k golds.
    Aren't you guys already having the gold limits of the game? What we need in the game is some gold sinks (event Lbs are great indirect gold sink for rich people).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Actually when you use up energy and anks, the gold doesn't sink, it actually goes to someone else making them richer. However, you would have to sell a "house" load of energy and anks to get close to the top 1% The new Frost bows sitting in the cs for 14-15m now is an indication of just how little gold people have or that no one is willing to spend that kind of gold on a new item.

Price of everything in CS is super tanking as of lately and I can't see it making a full recovery this season. +1 to bringing back 50k to crates. Crates can rise to 14-20k each again and at least making crate farmers do their thing if they're free players. When crates reached 3-5k, the economy was truly broken.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post: