Quote Originally Posted by Blissfulgod View Post
I'm assuming that the primary stat increase is at increments of 20 levels for the eye of syrillax. So, it's doubtful that the eye of syrillax will be 4/4/4 for the level 46 cap. By the time it does reach 4/4/4 (probably within the level 51 cap), grand normal gems will give a +8 primary stat. Basically, the higher the level cap, the more obsolete the eye of syrillax becomes.
The same happens for tarok gems. +8 grand normal gems will also mean +6/+3 grand tarok gems. Two primary stats for three secondary stats? No thanks.
Eventually grand normal gems will be the best option simply because the stat multipliers increase at a faster rate than the 'special' gems. The difference of primary stat between a grand normal gem will soon outweigh whatever miscellaneous stats the 'special' gems provide.
I think we will use still lvl41 arcane ring and amulet on lvl51, but good points you made, here are my thoughts: It is bad only if you look damage. If you assume right, 4/4/4 that means 72 hp for a mage/rogue from one gem, meanwhile 8 primary is just 24hp, thats 48 hp difference. Also the crit is increased on higher lvl eye gems.