Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deflation Plaguing AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Deflation Plaguing AL

So as many of you have probably noticed that since the prevention of plat farming a few months ago (which is what lead to the crazy inflation of prices throughout Arcane Legends), that prices have slowly but steadily dropped. While this was necessary, there was no counter measure set in place to offset the deflation that has occurred as a result of this.

ie. Arcane Ring 3 Para sold for 125m after the Halloween Event, and now sell for (maybe) 80m if you're lucky.

I'm not saying that the high prices before were okay because they weren't. However, what I am saying is that unless there is some mechanism of gaining gold, prices will continue to drop because people simply do not have any way of making gold. Farming isnt THAT profitable, and merching... well that's becoming obsolete now.

Here are a few suggestions to slow down the deflation, and put gold back into the wallets of players...

1) Add 50k gold drops back to crates
    2) Add 1k+ loot drops from bosses. (There is no reason I should kill the Elite Planar Tombs 3 boss and receive 2 rare items and 20 gold)
    3) Offer a log-in bonus where players receive a small amount of gold for every day that they log in, which gets higher for additional days logged in much like other applications. (ie 1k for logging in first day, 2k the second day, 5k the third day, and 5k for every day after that they log in). OR even give small platinum bonuses. This could be a smart move by STS to improve the amount of active players that log in every day.
    4) Add gold loot to Elite Chests so that we aren't receiving epics and a rare worthless pink from Elite Golden Chests...
    5) Reduce CS fees to promote players transacting

These are just a few of my ideas... but I'm sure there are other viable solutions.

If you have any ideas please feel free to post them. Lets keep this constructive!

- Raw
    Last edited by raw; 12-23-2014 at 02:01 PM.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes I agree with all of this. Even if they do:

1. Adding back in the 50K to craters
    2. Increasing gold drops from bosses
    3. Reduce CS fees

That would ROCk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Yeah I agree with this, well thought and constructive thread! Let's hope STS see this and actually implement this ideas to AL

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magegrimm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

In PL that dont happen because the "crappy" ( items worthless ) can be deleted for a reasonable price scaled on item lvl and kind of rarity, i.e. low level 50 gold for item and max lvl 140-200 gold for item.

Atleast if u make a intense farm day and got nothing u can get back some gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Also, increasing liquadationrices of legendaries would circulate gold very fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I think elite tindirin,shuyal,nord, and planar bosses should have 10k, 20k, and 40k gold pouches added as drops. They shouldn't be so rare it never drops either. The drop rate should be set where you see the 10k drop quite often and then tapered down for the 20k and 40k, but they should remain obtainable with effort.

Lets get people farming elites. Elites being the ultimate end game content should have people running all the time. Pugs should be possible in elite maps on a way greater frequency than what's occurring now. The game is broken the way it sits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlb2005 View Post
    I think elite tindirin,shuyal,nord, and planar bosses should have 10k, 20k, and 40k gold pouches added as drops. They shouldn't be so rare it never drops either. The drop rate should be set where you see the 10k drop quite often and then tapered down for the 20k and 40k, but they should remain obtainable with effort.

Lets get people farming elites. Elites being the ultimate end game content should have people running all the time. Pugs should be possible in elite maps on a way greater frequency than what's occurring now. The game is broken the way it sits.
    Yep. A lot of people are quitting. I remember when Tindirin came out, it was so easy to find a party for anything. Now, I barely log on, and most of my old friends have left the game because of these issues that are snowballing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So what is actual the problem with falling prices, unless you have hoarded lots of gear. The market will fix itself as time goes by, and now it is just starting to happen.
    I am happy to see that people that just merch will enjoy the falling market as everybody else does. Best of them will take this challenge and get even more richer XD

The idea of log-in bonus is good, that would help especially the new players to gain some gold. But again, someone would create 100 accounts just to exploit this :/

The gold drops from defeating bosses and completing tasks should be increased as you say. Why not reward people who actually play the game.
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiarijiba For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post
    So what is actual the problem with falling prices, unless you have hoarded lots of gear. The market will fix itself as time goes by, and now it is just starting to happen.
    I am happy to see that people that just merch will enjoy the falling market as everybody else does. Best of them will take this challenge and get even more richer XD

The idea of log-in bonus is good, that would help especially the new players to gain some gold. But again, someone would create 100 accounts just to exploit this :/

The gold drops from defeating bosses and completing tasks should be increased as you say. Why not reward people who actually play the game.
    yup log in bonus wont do good. Everyone would just make a million toons and transfer the gold.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The actual problem is that it discourages people to buy platinum. Why should someone buy 4M worth of ursume crates and 1700 platinum if the weapons that drop are valued at 5-13m?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

The log-in bonus could be problems, people would abyss it and log in on like 10 accounts, thats 50k per day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The actual problem is that it discourages people to buy platinum. Why should someone buy 4M worth of ursume crates and 1700 platinum if the weapons that drop are valued at 5-13m?
    Yeah STS business is other thing. There should be other things to buy with platinum that do not hurt the gameplay too much.
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

The market will not fix itself as times goes by because there is no influx of gold into the economy. This imbalance is what is causing the widespread deflation unless I'm misunderstanding something.
    You do bring up a good point with the log-in bonus. People would definitely abuse this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Deflation is not the problem, but may be causing some side effects. The problem is overabundance of gear. Prices have to do with supply and demand, and right now there is more supply than demand. There are probably more helms and armors for sale in the auction than there are players that exist. Even mythic items are not so rare anymore as there are plenty to go around. There is plenty of gold in the game, the problem is that those who have the gold do not see anything out there that they wish to buy.

The issue of gradual deflation is due to there being no more plat farming (which was necessary), and many players are skeptical about investing their gold in gear because most items are gradually dropping in value. So most players are just holding their gold. Unfortunately there is no way to fix this issue except to cut down on the supply of new gear being released. Judging from the planar tombs and the new Icescale event gear, STS is doing exactly that, but it will take some time to see the positive results, hopefully in the next expansion. There is just too much level 41 gear that exists right now to ever be able to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-23-2014 at 03:27 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

EQT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

1:The number of players is rapidly declining

2:The majority of people still active are already have practically everything they desire

3:The people who have most everything they want either have no more gold to spend because there are few ways to make gold, or they just choose not to spend it because no better items have arrived and with constant deflation merching has become nothing more than a gold sink.

4:The loot system via locked crates has slowly been killing the economy since the day they were introduced which has become more noticeable as of recently

5:Buying plat and opening crates is one of the few ways left to make gold, and the more lockeds that are opened the bigger the problem becomes

Conclusion: The future of the AL looks bleak at best, with rapidly declining active players, a stale and continually deflating market, the fact that most devs have moved onto a new game.
    AL will most likely become just like its predecessors.

Soon i see a "beta guild" one guild where all the top players go becoming the option that makes the most sense due to lack of activity in game.

All data points towards the fact that AL was designed for a maximum level cap of 36, everything done and introduced beyond 36 cap has been devs just making it up as they go, since originally there were no plans beyond 36. The current economy and state of AL is a culmination of those last minute plans being added in game, what it all boils down to is lack of planning beyond level 36 cap.

I already started a thread about this a few weeks ago heres the link, check it out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=devaluation

I would like to think that some of the OP ideas would help but i am very doubtful of some miraculous turnaround as far as economy is concerned.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-23-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I agree all of these except #1.
    Nice points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yes, lately been hurting as all my hard earned gears depreciated. Worst was my maul which saw a 20m dip almost overnight, then my Elon bow which I lost a good 16m because of the new Frost bows (which aren't even great by the way) and finally my Medusa set saw a good 5m drop. I sometimes wonder why I still play
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Judging from the planar tombs and the new Icescale event gear, STS is doing exactly that, but it will take some time to see the positive results, hopefully in the next expansion. There is just too much level 41 gear that exists right now to ever be able to fix the issue.
    At every previous cap levels even now there is always an overflow of items like 15-16, 20-21, 25-26 and so on.

Even now the items are still filling up the cs... not as much as before but enough for it to be less than 5k for pinks that has pretty good stats.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yes, lately been hurting as all my hard earned gears depreciated. Worst was my maul which saw a 20m dip almost overnight, then my Elon bow which I lost a good 16m because of the new Frost bows (which aren't even great by the way) and finally my Medusa set saw a good 5m drop. I sometimes wonder why I still play
    I feel u bruh, i'm only play sometimes coz of pvp but even thats messed up with breeze and classes unblananced. So i just log in when im really really really bored to kill ppl. Lets face it this game is dead. It was good up till 21 cap, now its *bleh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Songoku View Post
    I feel u bruh, i'm only play sometimes coz of pvp but even thats messed up with breeze and classes unblananced. So i just log in when im really really really bored to kill ppl. Lets face it this game is dead. It was good up till 21 cap, now its *bleh*
    please. if you wanna see dead, visit any other STG game besides this. The graveyard is over there ---->