Thread: Deflation Plaguing AL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    So as many of you have probably noticed that since the prevention of plat farming a few months ago (which is what lead to the crazy inflation of prices throughout Arcane Legends), that prices have slowly but steadily dropped. While this was necessary, there was no counter measure set in place to offset the deflation that has occurred as a result of this.

ie. Arcane Ring 3 Para sold for 125m after the Halloween Event, and now sell for (maybe) 80m if you're lucky.

I'm not saying that the high prices before were okay because they weren't. However, what I am saying is that unless there is some mechanism of gaining gold, prices will continue to drop because people simply do not have any way of making gold. Farming isnt THAT profitable, and merching... well that's becoming obsolete now.

Here are a few suggestions to slow down the deflation, and put gold back into the wallets of players...

1) Add 50k gold drops back to crates
    2) Add 1k+ loot drops from bosses. (There is no reason I should kill the Elite Planar Tombs 3 boss and receive 2 rare items and 20 gold)
    3) Offer a log-in bonus where players receive a small amount of gold for every day that they log in, which gets higher for additional days logged in much like other applications. (ie 1k for logging in first day, 2k the second day, 5k the third day, and 5k for every day after that they log in). OR even give small platinum bonuses. This could be a smart move by STS to improve the amount of active players that log in every day.
    4) Add gold loot to Elite Chests so that we aren't receiving epics and a rare worthless pink from Elite Golden Chests...
    5) Reduce CS fees to promote players transacting

These are just a few of my ideas... but I'm sure there are other viable solutions.

If you have any ideas please feel free to post them. Lets keep this constructive!

- Raw
    Excuse me, but why would people still farm if they got bonuses everyday. It's free money! I agree with 1, 2, 4 but I don't necessarily agree with 5. STS is trying to keep it real here. If you reduce the amount of fees then there would also be the effect of a gold sink to think about. Other than that, I think these ideas would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    Excuse me, but why would people still farm if they got bonuses everyday. It's free money! I agree with 1, 2, 4 but I don't necessarily agree with 5. STS is trying to keep it real here. If you reduce the amount of fees then there would also be the effect of a gold sink to think about. Other than that, I think these ideas would help.
    haha you're right about the bonuses. Bad idea =P