Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deflation Plaguing AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    So as many of you have probably noticed that since the prevention of plat farming a few months ago (which is what lead to the crazy inflation of prices throughout Arcane Legends), that prices have slowly but steadily dropped. While this was necessary, there was no counter measure set in place to offset the deflation that has occurred as a result of this.

ie. Arcane Ring 3 Para sold for 125m after the Halloween Event, and now sell for (maybe) 80m if you're lucky.

I'm not saying that the high prices before were okay because they weren't. However, what I am saying is that unless there is some mechanism of gaining gold, prices will continue to drop because people simply do not have any way of making gold. Farming isnt THAT profitable, and merching... well that's becoming obsolete now.

Here are a few suggestions to slow down the deflation, and put gold back into the wallets of players...

1) Add 50k gold drops back to crates
    2) Add 1k+ loot drops from bosses. (There is no reason I should kill the Elite Planar Tombs 3 boss and receive 2 rare items and 20 gold)
    3) Offer a log-in bonus where players receive a small amount of gold for every day that they log in, which gets higher for additional days logged in much like other applications. (ie 1k for logging in first day, 2k the second day, 5k the third day, and 5k for every day after that they log in). OR even give small platinum bonuses. This could be a smart move by STS to improve the amount of active players that log in every day.
    4) Add gold loot to Elite Chests so that we aren't receiving epics and a rare worthless pink from Elite Golden Chests...
    5) Reduce CS fees to promote players transacting

These are just a few of my ideas... but I'm sure there are other viable solutions.

If you have any ideas please feel free to post them. Lets keep this constructive!

- Raw
    Excuse me, but why would people still farm if they got bonuses everyday. It's free money! I agree with 1, 2, 4 but I don't necessarily agree with 5. STS is trying to keep it real here. If you reduce the amount of fees then there would also be the effect of a gold sink to think about. Other than that, I think these ideas would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Fail reading my bad, but yah this plat sale needs to end soon. People in my guild, including myself are sitting on piles of plat that we cant spend because the economy has been trashed by sale. end the sale, SOOOONNN
    You might want to try investing Arrowz. While the prices are down, I've seen many rare items go for less than half their actual price. For example, there was a Devourer Maul of Assault level 10 in Auction for only 90k. The regular price for that item is 180k-200k. You could easily make a profit off of that. Hope this helped you decide what to do while waiting for the Plat Sale to end .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    Excuse me, but why would people still farm if they got bonuses everyday. It's free money! I agree with 1, 2, 4 but I don't necessarily agree with 5. STS is trying to keep it real here. If you reduce the amount of fees then there would also be the effect of a gold sink to think about. Other than that, I think these ideas would help.
    haha you're right about the bonuses. Bad idea =P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Deflation, inflation, recession, depression seen them all here in topics. Basically no matter what the economy is like people will complain about it.

What I do know is when a new level cap comes the whole economy will switch around and people will complain about how bad it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The actual problem is that it discourages people to buy platinum. Why should someone buy 4M worth of ursume crates and 1700 platinum if the weapons that drop are valued at 5-13m?
    That person might have a gambling problem...
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

If they reduce CS fees it will ruin merchers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

U reduce cs fees merchers leave the game lolol
    Whole merching is based on the cs fees and the insecuirty of the item being undercut/not selling

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Universalpro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This is all nonsense. The reason values on items are decreasing is because there is nothing new for people to buy.

Most people have gold, but why would they buy a frost bow when they already have a perfect and/or paragemmed elondrian bow? Why would they buy a second elondrian bow when they have one already? Imbued armour and amulet recipes were introduced but drop at such a low rate that the only ones making money off them are those who have tens of millions of gold to waste on chests. So the extremely rich just keep getting richer.

The problem is STS keeps releasing crap gear and re-releasing the same mythics over and over until the market is oversaturated. I think if some good new gear came out that was actually obtainable - still rare, Energizeric - but not stupid recipe rare - you would discover that people have plenty of gold, they are just holding it until there is something worth buying. Right now there is not.

Giving 50K drops back to crate poppers is NOT going to help the economy. Adding 50K drops to bosses MIGHT do some good, but I am not even convinced of that.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This is all nonsense. The reason values on items are decreasing is because there is nothing new for people to buy.

Most people have gold, but why would they buy a frost bow when they already have a perfect and/or paragemmed elondrian bow? Why would they buy a second elondrian bow when they have one already? Imbued armour and amulet recipes were introduced but drop at such a low rate that the only ones making money off them are those who have tens of millions of gold to waste on chests. So the extremely rich just keep getting richer.

The problem is STS keeps releasing crap gear and re-releasing the same mythics over and over until the market is oversaturated. I think if some good new gear came out that was actually obtainable - still rare, Energizeric - but not stupid recipe rare - you would discover that people have plenty of gold, they are just holding it until there is something worth buying. Right now there is not.

Giving 50K drops back to crate poppers is NOT going to help the economy. Adding 50K drops to bosses MIGHT do some good, but I am not even convinced of that.
    Nail on the head.

The new imbued gear is step in the right direction, just need more of it.

Even buffing the old armors thats out now an avaliable from elites could work as a temporary fix.

For example magma gears can be upgraded farming teeth which will also give bonus stat boost when wearing the set.

Maybe even different stat boost for different armor (tactical gives dex boost, force gives str n brut give intel) (just a random idea)

But at least that way can bring life and meaning back to farming again.

With plenty new buffed gear and stats all over the place, can make the game alot more versatile and interesting to play rather then its biggest selling point these days being the social aspect of the game.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

I just wanted to clarify...nobody makes money by opening these chests, not even me. I'm opening because gambling is about the only fun thing left in the game and at the same time, it gives a few Midas Touches back to the economy while allowing the new imbued gear to be slightly more common. Ask LethalJade, ask Maarkus, ask me. We're the most avid planar chest poppers and none of us make profit overall on these chests.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The solution is to not come out with more arcane or mythic items, but instead come out with some elite legendary gear that is superior to what has previously been released and stays somewhat rare. That is exactly what STS is doing if you have noticed. Look at the Dark Crystal/Imbued gear and the new event Icescale gear which so far has stayed somewhat rare compared to the gear from previous events. Prior to the past few weeks, the only legendary gear that was really good was archon rings. We need items like that available in every slot, not just rings (archon) and weapons (planar/magma). It's just going to take some time for the solution to fix the problem. This problem was created over the period of 18 months, and cannot be corrected instantly.
    I've stated this exact thing a few months ago there's no bridge between legendary and mythic gear. I like the idea of elite legendary gear

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just wanted to remind you that adding 50K gold rewards in locked chests will also make the price of locked chests rise to compensate, therefore it will not generate more money ( in general).I don't have a suggestion, i don't know what should be done however 50k gold rewards from bosses does not seem like a bad idea, but i haven't thought it through alot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

ok so im leveling up one of my twinks from 8-21 i run dead city ALOT and not once have i seen a pug more then once
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY