Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Players Guide to Riches!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lightbulb New Players Guide to Riches!

Hey there everyone!

So I tend to see a lot of people looking around the forums for ways to earn money.
    Especially without the purchase of Platinum.
    And honestly, I only really suggest you buy one thing with Platinum which I buy once on each of my characters.
    The 75 Plat bundle that gives you inventory slots, AH slots gold and gears. Money Very well spent IMO.

A lot of people who are filthy rich on AL tend to make their money through buying Locked Crates in bulk, Platinum in bulk then opening like mad.
    Seems like a lot of pot luck, and a little reward to me (especially for the amount of cash you need to spend).

I believe in making your own luck, rather than relying on the luck of the universe (or in our case the luck of the "dice" so to speak).

So I have a few steps that will help Anyone, newbies and experienced players alike, work their way to riches in AL.

I'm going to start off from the start of the game for the newbies and the more experienced folk can skip down to step 4-5.

1. Jump right into the game. Make a character, and just get right into leveling. Try power through as much as you can as fast as you can whilst learning how to play along the way. If you can, purchase the 75 Platinum bundle around level 5-10 (it will help a lot more than you think later on down the track).

2. Don't worry a lot about money until you're a higher level. Focus on getting to the level cap. You can honestly breeze by the first levels with a bit of effort simply by following the maps as you unlock them and re-doing maps until you can successfully manage the next map up. (Map XP Guide by "Traebeles99" here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-for-all-Maps )

3. Do quests, accept all the quests along the way. Take note of the "Daily" quests and make sure you do the daily quests Every day. Even if you just log on for 5 minutes to do them then log off. It will make a lot of difference. (Guide on daily quests by "Alhuntrazeck" here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ing-Gold-Daily )

4. When you hit level 30, stop. Start farming noob bosses (will have a guide below on the how-to of noob boss farming)

5. Once you have made 200k, buy a Leprechaun Necklace, then continue farming noob bosses to make enough cash for your level 35 gears.

6. Grind your way to level 35, continuing to do the daily quests, and farming noob bosses whenever you're lucky enough to get a loot reroll elixir from the treasure chests.

7. Once you're level 35, I would recommend farming noob bosses to make enough money for the best gears you can get for your level (legendary gears) so you can start farming elites. With elites, I prefer to do it with people I know/trust at least a little. If you haven't found yourself a guild by this time, I'd recommend looking for one as a guild is a very good way to find parties for elites with people you can trust to do a good job.

8. From here on out, you're pretty much set. Continue doing daily quests, farming Elites when you have a good party, and noob bosses when you don't. Once you have some decent cash sitting in your bank, you can start "Merching" (Amazing Guide on the how-to of merching by "Venom" here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...y-via-Merching )

OR

You can simply continue farming

A couple things that should be considered are:
    - Gears
    - Skills/build

To find out the best of any level, of any class have a good look around here: (remember your build makes a big difference on what your gaming experience will be like for you)
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...Arcane-Legends

Don't be afraid to post threads with questions or post on other people's threads. Most welcome it, and will happily answer questions (and so will I if anyone wants to ask).

"How-To" on Farming Newbie bosses

(btw this is me using my Warrior, but should really apply pretty much the same for any class. you should also always be wearing a Leprechaun Pendant while doing this )

So we all want to see this little baby right?
    Name:  locked_crate_drop_icon.PNG
Views: 1120
Size:  31.2 KB
    But how do we do it... ? Keep reading

1. Don't feed your pets. Instead, rotate them. This means to have a set amount of pets, and switch between them as they run out of happiness. You want to make as much cash, in as little time as possible. Every coin counts (to a certain extent).
    2. I say to a certain extent because when killing mobs, you want to keep moving forwards through the maps as fast as possible in order to get to the bosses asap and move onto the next map, so you won't be picking up every gold drop, because 1-2g isn't worth the time unless it's on your way.
    3. Limit the skills you use (big thing for my low mana). It's another cost that you can keep down. Try timing your normal hit to kill mobs whilst moving through the map.
    4. Figure out the lowest amount of mobs you can kill while still making the boss appear, it really helps.
    5. Before entering the maps, sit at a town and type /partyinvite 0000 this will put you in a party by yourself and you won't be competing with anyone.

I found that going from one map to another and back again, I was going faster than the map would respawn, and getting out of party and going back into a party was another waste of time, so I thought I'd try 3 maps. Works like a charm. So the maps I use are (in this order):
    1. Forest
    2. Brackenridge
    3. Rooks Nest or Hideout (I know this map is a bit longer but IMO it gives time for the other maps to respawn and I quite often get crate/pet drops)

You can do any noob maps really, but I found that these work for me as they're quick maps, and I get A LOT of Locked Crates and every now and again pets this way.

Guide to Selling:

So, I've told you how to get the drops, but it's never as simple as just selling them right? right.
    There's 3 main ways of selling, Auction House, "NPC'ing" and selling to other players.

Now depending on what you're selling, will depend on who to sell it to.
    There's 3 main types of items you'll come across early on in the game:

White
    Name:  white_item.PNG
Views: 1110
Size:  13.0 KB

Green
    Name:  green_item.PNG
Views: 1104
Size:  14.4 KB

Blue
    Name:  blue_item.PNG
Views: 1106
Size:  15.7 KB

Pink
    Name:  pink_item.PNG
Views: 1108
Size:  16.1 KB

Then later on you come across

Mythic
    Name:  mythic_item.PNG
Views: 1109
Size:  17.1 KB

Arcane
    Name:  arcane_egg.PNG
Views: 1103
Size:  11.3 KB

Now you only need to worry about the first 4 up until 25+ (even then you probably won't purchase them until later on)

And there's certain place each should be sold.

As you're leveling up, at a lower level, you may want to check to see if any items of your class are better than what you have, if not, any white green or blue items you may as well just "NPC". Now selling items to the "NPC" is what I call clicking this:
    Name:  npc_sell_button.PNG
Views: 1107
Size:  24.3 KB

You may not receive a lot from selling them this way, but the time and effort put into selling them else where is too much in my opinion.
    For some blues, it does pay to look up what that item is selling for in the Auction House, because sometimes you'll be able to get a few k for them.

When it comes to pink items, the best place generally (with a few exceptions) is the Auction house, which looks like:
    Name:  auctionhouse_screenshot.PNG
Views: 1182
Size:  450.5 KB

The auction house takes time, and costs money, so there is a strategy to it, depending on your style. Most tend to just sell it slightly cheaper than what the cheapest of that item is currently listed as. Which tends to get the cash fast, but not as much.

You can also sell to your fellow players, now the best items to sell to other players are:

Eggs, Chests and Gems. Head to the major towns, the most popular being Traveller's Outpost, which is the place I would recommend.
    The easiest way to get people's attention is to just say in your chat box what you're selling e.g.
    Name:  chatbox_selling_example.PNG
Views: 1095
Size:  12.8 KB

But also, don't spam, people hate that.

When it comes to arcane and mythic items, they're obtained through Locked Grand Crates of the Watch as a main source, or simply buying them from other players (including the Auction House)

The most popular item you'll be picking up and selling a lot of whilst farming will be those darn Locked Grand Crates of the Watch (which we'll call "Locked Crates" from now on...).
    These are easily sold to other players, no matter how many you have.
    But there is a trick to selling them at the best possible price. Timing.
    Timing is everything. Events occur around AL like hot cakes at McDonalds breakfast hours.
    And quite often these events will cause the price of Locked Crates to jump, and sometimes reallly high. Mainly during events that allow certain Arcane/Mythic pets to be available via Locked Crates.
    So the best thing you can do, is check the news icon:
    Name:  news_icon.PNG
Views: 1105
Size:  15.9 KB
    For any events that are about to, or are currently on the server.
    Save all your crates for these times. Now Locked Crates go for (averagely) 10-15k. Sometimes the price will jump for the sheer fact that they are in demand, if the price starts reaching 20k+ go for it. Sell sell sell, amd get in quick.
    These same rules tend to apply for a lot of eggs, and Gems too. So just keep your eye on the news, or jump to the http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...-Announcements page as often as you can and keep up-to-date.

The last thing I can suggest for the topic of Selling, is to learn pricing in the auction house. Familiarize yourself with a set of general items, and keep an eye on their prices. This will allow you to get a feel for when the prices are dropping and jumping and allow you to buy/sell items and make profit off of it. Now this is called Merching. Merching isn't my best forte so here's a link to the best merching guide I know (which I also have linked above) http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...y-via-Merching

Chest Opening

Now this is a whole other ball game, especially when it comes to the more expensive chests.
    I'm not going to list every chest type, too many for me. Because in my opinion, if it's worth selling, it ain't worth opening.
    By this I mean, if you can sell them for more than a couple k gold each, sell them. I tend to open the three first tier chests:

copper chest
    Name:  copper_chest.PNG
Views: 1098
Size:  11.6 KB

silver chest
    Name:  silver_chest.PNG
Views: 1097
Size:  11.3 KB

golden chest
    Name:  golden_chest.PNG
Views: 1100
Size:  10.4 KB

I open these because I don't believe the time you have to spend selling them is worth the cash, and you can "NPC" the white/green/blue items they give you and when you're lucky enough, sell the pink items in the Auction House.

Most chests above these are worth selling, but it all comes down to how lucky you're feeling. (You feeling lucky punk? Sorry haha)
    So.. Take the plunge or play it safe? It's all up to you!

Guides:
    egg looting: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Loot-Locations
    starter promo codes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...omo-Codes-List
    merching: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...w-to-get-rich!
    farming tips/locations: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...or-New-Players
    budgeting http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...or-New-Players
    vanities: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-With-Pictures
    scammers: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-to-avoid-them
    understanding loot drops http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ops-Explained!
    experience/leveling: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-for-all-Maps

Anyway, feel free to post comments/suggestions/improvements etc.

&& I hope it helps.

Peace~

(Credits to the owner's of the links I used: Venom, Alhuntrazeck & Traebeles99)
    Last edited by Rianaku; 03-04-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rianaku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks for the guide! I noticed a lot of players farming at Brackenridge, but I didn't know where else. I also didn't know about the "/partyinvite 0000". Now I don't have to constantly see people entering and leaving the map

I hope I can get to 35 before the end of February! (Wishful thinking)
    Last edited by Smilingdaisy; 01-22-2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Removed quote

al: smilingdaisy | smilinglily
    pl: smilingdaisy | smilingpanda | smilingpingu | smilingaway | smilinglily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingdaisy View Post
    Thanks for the guide! I noticed a lot of players farming at Brackenridge, but I didn't know where else. I also didn't know about the . Now I don't have to constantly see people entering and leaving the map

I hope I can get to 35 before the end of February! (Wishful thinking)
    You're welcome ^.^
    I will be doing a more in-depth guide to newbie boss farming at some stage next week, as I find it's a great way to earn money for people who can't manage elites or even for when you can't find a good enough party for elites.

The "/partyinvite 0000" was told to me by an old guild mate and holy wow, it makes things so much easier.

Jumping onto a map, walking for a bit and seeing there's no monsters then seeing in the chat box that someone has just killed boss and got drops is SO damn painful, not to mention a time burner.
    And like they say, Time is Money! ;D

I'm sure you will SmilingDaisy, I did 21-31 in a few days and 31-35 in a day. Have a good read over this; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-for-all-Maps
    And just make a judgement for yourself what gives the best exp that you can handle well. But remember, the best exp isn't always best Although the challenge is half of the fun, but overall Enjoy everything!

Peace ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rianaku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's /partyinvite 000 with no one in map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azsontop View Post
    Either way works, cheers for the comment though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rianaku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Nice

I still find merching far more profiting, but it takes lots of experience and skill
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can u come out with a speed xp farming guide this guide realy rocked

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Baosawar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvpTwink View Post
    Nice

I still find merching far more profiting, but it takes lots of experience and skill
    Very true. That's why I have at the end;

you can start "Merching"
    OR
    You can simply continue farming
    Merching isn't everyones thing, but if you're good at it, go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baosawar View Post
    Can u come out with a speed xp farming guide this guide realy rocked
    Sure can. Will be looking at making in-depth speed leveling & newbie boss farming guides next week. Cheers for the appreciation!
    Last edited by Rianaku; 01-23-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rianaku View Post
    You're welcome ^.^
    I will be doing a more in-depth guide to newbie boss farming at some stage next week, as I find it's a great way to earn money for people who can't manage elites or even for when you can't find a good enough party for elites.

The "/partyinvite 0000" was told to me by an old guild mate and holy wow, it makes things so much easier.

Jumping onto a map, walking for a bit and seeing there's no monsters then seeing in the chat box that someone has just killed boss and got drops is SO damn painful, not to mention a time burner.
    And like they say, Time is Money! ;D

I'm sure you will SmilingDaisy, I did 21-31 in a few days and 31-35 in a day. Have a good read over this; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-for-all-Maps
    And just make a judgement for yourself what gives the best exp that you can handle well. But remember, the best exp isn't always best Although the challenge is half of the fun, but overall Enjoy everything!

Peace ~
    I hope I can level as quickly as you did. I just got to lvl 22, almost 23! I wish I played this game earlier when I had my one week vacation during the holidays. Oh well!

By the way, I didn't realize until yesterday that I could run Kraag Tombs with a party. I was wondering how someone could set a record of less than 30 seconds...Haha...leveling is definitely a lot easier now! (Figured I'd give you a good laugh or so!)

Looking forward to your next guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingdaisy View Post
    I hope I can level as quickly as you did. I just got to lvl 22, almost 23! I wish I played this game earlier when I had my one week vacation during the holidays. Oh well!

By the way, I didn't realize until yesterday that I could run Kraag Tombs with a party. I was wondering how someone could set a record of less than 30 seconds...Haha...leveling is definitely a lot easier now! (Figured I'd give you a good laugh or so!)

Looking forward to your next guide!
    Kraag is a veerrry good way to grind at that level, just find yourself a full party, stick with them and you'll be leveling in no time ^.^ ~ Patience is the key

My PC arrives this week sometime (hopefully) so as soon as it does I'll start making some guides + video tutorials

Peace ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Nice

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

kudos on the "refined" guide. Has lot's of good points to focus on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cheers
    Just one mans take on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Nice!
    Can't wait looking forward to that speed lvling guide! I'm capping a second toon, lvl 20 rouge now, and it's taking forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, just waiting on my New PC to arrive (hopefully today when I get home or tomorrow -.-'') then after I've done some tinkering and set it all up, I'll be on to start making a speed leveling guide + videos on farming. I've found, even leveling my Sorc atm a lot of people just have no idea where to go, but if you do find the best places, it can be done so fast. At level 20, doing 2-3 levels an hour. And found how to do 30-35 in a couple hours. Will keep you all up to date!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rianaku, is it ready? i wanna know how to lvl fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great guide

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenderking14 View Post
    Rianaku, is it ready? i wanna know how to lvl fast
    Hey, sorry it's taking so long. The shipping on my new PC is taking longer than expected -.-'' 3-7 business days my ***. I'm hoping it'll arrive today, because it was a public holiday here yesterday. *fingers crossed*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent guide!

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azsontop View Post
    Actually not only /partyinvite 000 or 0000,you can type /partyinvite (any word) example ,/partyinvite fdgdhhxfgewshk ,/partyinvite heyo
    Any word can be typed in.But ,if you want to quit solo ,remember to type /partyleave