Thread: PUG tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default PUG tiers

As I'm currently not in ER, I have been PUGing most of this event. It really annoys me when I encounter boss 1 or 2, even though I'm already into gold tier. Wouldn't it be great if this didn't have to happen or it happened a lot less? I think that the first person to enter a PUG map should lock it. After that, only people of an equal or lesser tier can enter unless they are using a join button via party or friendlist. This would help prevent situations where a high-tier person enters a map started by a low tier person and gets a bad boss. Also, this wouldn't do much to the lower players because they can still portal into a higher player's map and get a better boss. What do you think?

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

In PUG games, if you joined a random room the boss is determind by the tier (or points) of the first character who entered.
    If you are the first to enter the room, then most likely Tarlok or Syrillax with a little chance of Frelleus and Tribesmans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    In PUG games, if you joined a random room the boss is determind by the tier (or points) of the first character who entered.
    If you are the first to enter the room, then most likely Tarlok or Syrillax with a little chance of Frelleus and Tribesmans.
    Yep, that's why the 1st player should "lock" the room and prevent higher tier players from entering randomly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree something must be done in regard to pugs. I like running pugs, as I like meeting new people. But it just isn't working now. We are what - 20 days into event? - and I still get Tribesman from time to time when running with pugs. It's much better now to run events solo than with randoms and that's utterly sad and disappointing. It goes against everything that an mmorpg is supposed to be.

Same goes for that horrible level grouping. I've seen a level 8 with a level 14 in a random group for example. It's not okay. It's nowhere near okay.