Thread: pally suks now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down pally suks now

does anyone know is the game going to come out a new str set. cause pally with rift or hate set sucks now since all the birds hace bows that hurt like crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

or can anyone show me how to kill those high dodge birds. they are so stupid.
    Last edited by ChineseKid; 02-18-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

*Facepalm* the languageeee. Headed the wrong direction buddy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

With birds hate can be the best bet now for the armor boost. Use both blessings and have BoV at 6 since it gives 40 armor and you can have 186 armor which hopefully can be enough to withstand the first burst. Depending on their combo you will need to use mana shield at first or after they unleash their first attack. If you manage to survive the first burst you might be able to take them down. Use ice blast to root them both debuffs and your combo. Debuffs help to makeup for their dodge and hit.

Birds can be very tricky so I would recommend playing 1v1 with one of the best and figure out strategies.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Paladins were never meant for insane mana regen either, you give up many things to become a paladin. Elves were never meant to be played as a paladin either so... You can't be complaining about an unofficial class that is liable to change at any time. Sorry :/ but that's how it works when you use gear that wasn't originally designed for your character. You will always be taking a risk.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Is it possible for a Pally / mage to time the heal on the shattering scream to negate the cruel blast? Technically Shattering Scream is a debuff and mages can heal those. Just wondering.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Is it possible for a Pally / mage to time the heal on the shattering scream to negate the cruel blast? Technically Shattering Scream is a debuff and mages can heal those. Just wondering.
    Hmm, should work. Since most archers, well, most good archers are very fast at their combo, it'd require a lot of timing, with a slight delay in skills. I think it is possible though, but I may be wrong.

On another note, paladins were OP before. Sure, they weren't overpowered like dex bear was, but they still were OP, considering they're hybrid. Pallys, like parth said, weren't intended to have nice mana regen, but with rings, and using int, you can easily get 6 M/S on a pally, which isn't a lot but it is doable. A pure archer should be able to kill a pally any day, and it isn't quite like that, but I see it as, the archer is a pure, the pally is a hybrid, so I think the intended class (archer as dex) should win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i believe they are trying to keep each class pure now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawkei View Post
    i believe they are trying to keep each class pure now
    I disagree, I just think they're balancing them. Str gear no longer giving hit (so they can't really achieve 100 hit % in top tier 55 gear) was a great move! Devs did add some pally items though. Take a look at rooters gear, it delivers 4 M/S, and I believe some crit, so it could be considered pally gear, and I think devs saw that, and that's why they gave rooter gear such low armor. I don't think devs are trying to make everyone pure, I just think devs are trying to prepare for hybrids, and make sure they're not going to be overpowered. I personally have a dex Mage, and its great. 90 crit buffed, with 135 hit and still 15 M/S unbuffed.