Thread: Balefort Sewer games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Balefort Sewer games

Last night I noticed quite a few (5+) games by the same player, the games didn't time out / go away. I joined a few of the games, and cleared the maps on a some.

The host did not switch to me or anyone in the game even though I was the first to join. I did a /hostinfo and it was some player that wasn't even in the game!

Seems to be a bug with the transfer of the host. When they leave it isn't transferring to the next player that joined. I haven't seen the new vote to boot system working either

Also, more of a suggestion.. on the Public Balefort Sewer games..make them min level 50..also, could we have vote to boot or the first person in the public game gets host? It happens quite often on these games a low level ..like im talking levels 1-10 jumps in and ruins the game for the rest of us. I know should host my own games but sometimes its fun to just jump into a quick game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

The game host doesn't switch over unless the map is completed while the host is gone, and empty maps will stay active for a couple minutes after people have left, so if people keep joining and leaving, they don't disappear. If you don't want lower levels joining your BS games, jus host your own map, and check the option for intended level players only.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The game host doesn't switch over unless the map is completed while the host is gone
    That doesn't make a lot of sense..what would the point be of transferring host once the map is cleared? It should switch once the host leaves the map.
    Also, I thought they were going to put some type of voting system in place if the host drops out...where majority rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    If you don't want lower levels joining your BS games, jus host your own map, and check the option for intended level players only.
    Ya, I realize you can do that..but like I said sometimes its easier to just jump into a public game that already has 3-4 ppl on.. then a level 7 jumps in. Guess I don't understand why not set the public game min level to the target levels as default. Not like they can contribute / be effective at that level. They are just there for the hopes of a good drop.

Would also be nice if on the join screen it showed the min / max level of players already in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd love to be able to join a quick public game with people around the same level as me without someone 30 levels below us coming in, not being any help to the group, and making people leave. I'm not an elitist, and I don't run around calling everyone who isn't a level 50+ a noob, but I don't enjoy having to host my own game just to ensure that everyone in the group is at a level that can help contribute.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hope they still plan on implementing a vote option. I was in a public stronghold game earlier, we got all the way to the bosses when a lvl 20-something joined and wouldn't leave. So the rest of the group ended up leaving instead. Also I saw one the other day get really mean when asked to leave. Some of us would rather have contributing members, and not have to powerlevel random people.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

and more so ever about power leveling it's about them getting a pink drop,all glory...no honor; myself, wont leave...but I dont fight till they leave sounds childish but its about contributing to a team effort

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by powerandintent View Post
    I'd love to be able to join a quick public game with people around the same level as me without someone 30 levels below us coming in, not being any help to the group, and making people leave. I'm not an elitist, and I don't run around calling everyone who isn't a level 50+ a noob, but I don't enjoy having to host my own game just to ensure that everyone in the group is at a level that can help contribute.
    Totally agree... I am not playing as much as I used to so finding myself just joining random games when I do, either public or player hosted. From my experience this is happening a lot now and is annoying to a lot of players. Quite a few times the player hosted games..the original host is gone, so you still have the same issue without a way to boot. The low level player will jump in just at the chance there is no way to boot.

Guess what irks me is 1) they are there for loot without being able to help, and at times expecting res 2) Want to be power leveled.

One of the players told me he only owned the BS maps..so was only way he could level.. I just don't get it..doesn't seem like fun to me!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

One of the players told me he only owned the BS maps..so was only way he could level.. I just don't get it..doesn't seem like fun to me!
    I bet theres a lot more people who do that than we imagine. There are Pocket Legends help guides on the net, that recommend only buying the last dungeon because the others are a waste of plat. They recommend tagging along high level players (leeching). I don't understand how this is acceptable. People shouldn't be allowed to reach the level cap by only buying one map. That can't be good for profit either.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by relayer View Post
    Last night I noticed quite a few (5+) games by the same player, the games didn't time out / go away. I joined a few of the games, and cleared the maps on a some.

The host did not switch to me or anyone in the game even though I was the first to join. I did a /hostinfo and it was some player that wasn't even in the game!

Seems to be a bug with the transfer of the host. When they leave it isn't transferring to the next player that joined. I haven't seen the new vote to boot system working either

Also, more of a suggestion.. on the Public Balefort Sewer games..make them min level 50..also, could we have vote to boot or the first person in the public game gets host? It happens quite often on these games a low level ..like im talking levels 1-10 jumps in and ruins the game for the rest of us. I know should host my own games but sometimes its fun to just jump into a quick game.
    one reason of seeing the same hoster more times is, for exampe hideout is the bank vault farming. ppl goes in and out of portal to reset the bank vault map. so there are more and more instances of hideout...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....