Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raid Roach vs. Henchman's vs. Sentinel archer gear: a comparison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you tried a full lvl 55 Drainer's set? (dagger, helm, armor, sentinel shield) comes to 28 dodge, 24 H/S, 141 armor on a full dex bird. Pretty insane for tanking stats, with 6 in your dodge talent you can buff to over 50 dodge. I'd be interested to see how poor it's damage is compared to all the above tanking sets you put up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Can you PM the stats on each piece? I don't have them, but I can plug it in real quick. 6 dodge is not so hot (this whole discussion includes no buffs other than Focus) but the rest sounds pretty nice. I had some for a bit, seemed pretty good.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Can you run the numbers w/ the Sewer King Bow? At least comparing Sewer King Bow/RR Leather/RR Cap versus Customized Bow/RR Leather/RR Cap. I was curious as to how strongly -6 crit would affect damage over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Updated with some Sewer King Scarab info, thanks to Drewcapu for the loan.

The Sewer King generally is equal to the crafted Customized Gemstone (Raid) Recurve overall, but if running Raid cap/Scarab bow/Raid leather it deals very good damage. Even though its crit is a little lower, its crit is still good, and it has a higher average damage per hit. The Recurve will do a little more hypothetical damage in some cases, but as Royce pointed out, the higher avg dmg per hit on the Scarab would probably matter more when accounting for enemy armor.

Even though I don't own the Henchman's gear anymore, I think it would work well with the Henchman's too, but you lose some dodge/regen capabilities.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 02-26-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Now that I think about it, maybe maximizing effective DPS with critical hits is the way to go for most fights. If you've got a decent team, a mage that heals regularly, the loss in health regen really isn't a big flaw. Perhaps not even the loss in durability is a serious drawback, save for certain situations such as near a fire vent. Besides, the faster a person can kill, the less damage they will have to sustain from enemy attacks. Of greater concern is the loss in mana regen, especially with the Raid Roach's set, although the new bow somewhat mitigates this flaw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Now that I think about it, maybe maximizing effective DPS with critical hits is the way to go for most fights. If you've got a decent team, a mage that heals regularly, the loss in health regen really isn't a big flaw.
    Exactly...trying to find a good crit set that has some mana regen seems to help big time, esp with bosses. That big fat 0 on m/s with all Raid during mob sweeps is a joykiller, but the Raid crit is dang effective on bosses. Dodge score seems to vastly improve survivability more than armor score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

agree with above 2 for show.

Moog I only have Hench cap and leather, would u want to try with the scrab bow?
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I can guess that using the Scarab with Henchman's cap and armor: lower crit/dodge/regen but better average dmg per hit, DPS and armor higher than with Raid or Sent, but the armor increase nullified by the poor dodge

We can test it out on the next Train....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Dodge score seems to vastly improve survivability more than armor score.
    Pretty much all armor comes with well, armor scores. However, not everything comes with dodge scores. I wonder at which point those two equal (ex: 10 armor is roughly as good as 1 dodge for example - note just an example I don't really know) - for mobs, bosses, and against PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

With my lv55 bird, I use an offensive setup for pvp that gives an excellent balance in crit, damage, Dps, and regen. I use xp pots and armor elixirs to stay alive.

Underling's Cap & Leather and Sewer Scarab
    31 crit
    5 dodge
    9 H/s
    12 M/s
    227-272 Damage
    294 DPS
    77 armor

I might get a Roach leather to bring my armor and crit up a bit, but this setup reduces potion usage and death a lot while keeping my damage output super high. I can use Bagman's gear which gives me 2 more crit and 4 more damage for both pieces, but I like the 3 m/s per piece. Oh, and I always use a 10 damage 2 crit ring.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

That looks like a pretty sweet setup except for that 5 dodge is iffy and the 77 armor is, well, "leaves room for improvement" but pretty good stats, especially on a gear budget if one doesn't mind throwing down for armor elixirs. Good avg damage per hit of 252-ish, good regen, and decent crit.

@Attackelf...not sure about dodge vs. armor values, but I notice that when I get my dodge to 9 or 10, seems like I am taking a lot less damage/hits. How much a jump from 5 to 10 in dodge translates into "effective survivability score", but maybe Phys can bust out some superduper spreadsheet formula to figure it out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    That looks like a pretty sweet setup except for that 5 dodge is iffy and the 77 armor is, well, "leaves room for improvement" but pretty good stats, especially on a gear budget if one doesn't mind throwing down for armor elixirs. Good avg damage per hit of 252-ish, good regen, and decent crit.
    Yeah, in a good group (like ours :P) I can survive but I often use an armor pot so the dodge doesn't make a difference. And the roach I got does add 6 armor and 3 crit at the cost of 3 M/s. It's a great overall setup for pve.

For pvp, I use a mix of roach and henchman with an Auto-bow. Pure offense baby!
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

thanks mate, it's awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    With my lv55 bird, I use an offensive setup for pvp that gives an excellent balance in crit, damage, Dps, and regen. I use xp pots and armor elixirs to stay alive.

Underling's Cap & Leather and Sewer Scarab
    31 crit
    5 dodge
    9 H/s
    12 M/s
    227-272 Damage
    294 DPS
    77 armor

I might get a Roach leather to bring my armor and crit up a bit, but this setup reduces potion usage and death a lot while keeping my damage output super high. I can use Bagman's gear which gives me 2 more crit and 4 more damage for both pieces, but I like the 3 m/s per piece. Oh, and I always use a 10 damage 2 crit ring.
    i would use more the drainers cap for the more of armor, but anyway, a set with scarb bow atm is no the "best" but the best usable one.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....