Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop Rates for 2010 Players...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Drop Rates for 2010 Players...

Over past couple days I have once again been in the hardcore farming phase, and I've been farming hours on end. 80% of the time I was farming I was using
    - X3 Combo Elix
    - Shamus (100% Luck)
    - Classy Looter (100% Luck)
    - Big Luck (2011)
    - Daily Blessing Combo Elix (30% Luck)

I have spent over 2000 platinum on farming and this is not the first time I have gone through this phase. What my problem is I literally have gotten ZERO drops every time I spend this much plat. Then I see people who join my lobby first game and get Red Drag Armor, or Blue Drag Helm, or whatever. I also see people get 2 Dragon armor pieces within minutes of each other. I see people who complain about farming for 1 hour and get a drop and say "FINALLY ITS ABOUT TIME".

It has been 4-5 years for me playing this game and the highest drop I've ever gotten was a 800k shield during Sewer Cap (2011). I have earned my money through liquidation money through leveling people and farming gold at Plasma. I have made millions off this way of farming; however, I'm 150% sick of this. People make millions a week spending less plat than I do on farming, and I spend hours and hours farming gold and leveling friends to make my money.

EDIT: LET ME EXPRESS HOW I FEEL ABOUT WHAT EVERYONE WILL SAY ABOUT THIS THREAD IN CAP LETTERS. I HAVE SPENT 5K + PLAT ON ELIXS TO FARM. ZERO DROPS. I DO ENJOY FARMING WITH FRIENDS. WHAT I DO NOT ENJOY IS HAVING TO SPEND 100x MORE HOURS THAN EVERYONE ELSE TO MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF GOLD. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE ADVICE PEOPLE GIVE ME ABOUT FARMING BECAUSE, QUITE FRANKLY, I ALREADY KNEW WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

A friend of mine, also from 2010, said that many old school players have terrible luck when it comes to farming and they have to create a whole knew account (new email). Honestly, I'm starting to believe this is true. I'm finally sick and tired of how I, probably one of the players who play the absolute most, do not get the same luck as others. I do not believe anymore that the luck in this game is "random". I'm probably going to end up leaving this game for good some time soon. To those who I call good friends in this game I'll PM you later to say good bye and have one last friendly conversation.

To everyone else I say good bye. This game is and always will be my favorite iPhone game!

Respectfully,
    Mennddoza

LET ME EDIT THIS AGAIN. one more time...

Anyone else out there who has spent over 5000 plat/hours=weeks on farming and only made around 1m, please for the love of god, message me. We would be best friends forever.
    Last edited by Mennddoza; 01-01-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I have the same problem as you. I started in 2010 too, and I have no luck. Throughout 2014 I have spent hundreds of plat farming feast and slayer. Yesterday I got my first drag drop, a blue helm. In slayer after a year I got no starrys, and a few natural red diamonds. I don't understand how people with a 1.5 combo join and get red armour, when I use daily blessing, big luck, shamus and classy and get nothing after hours, until I give up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anahadaz View Post
    I have the same problem as you. I started in 2010 too, and I have no luck. Throughout 2014 I have spent hundreds of plat farming feast and slayer. Yesterday I got my first drag drop, a blue helm. In slayer after a year I got no starrys, and a few natural red diamonds. I don't understand how people with a 1.5 combo join and get red armour, when I use daily blessing, big luck, shamus and classy and get nothing after hours, until I give up.
    go to dragon vanity farming ^^
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I've been playing since 2101 and I have gotten my fair share of good drops. I farmed mainly during fang and humanian cap. I had bad luck during sewer and nuri.

I used combo and big luck hat but nothing too crazy. It's not a biased system against 2010 players lol just all luck.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

just dont try hard and relax, don't think about it. Just farm with combo and big luck and you will make millions. Stop wasting plat on fang, go to konzonite and you will make a million at least every day there. That's how got to 6m gold count GL!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SillyJuan For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post

It has been 4-5 years for me playing this game and the highest drop I've ever gotten was a 800k shield during Sewer Cap (2011). I have earned my money through liquidation money through leveling people and farming gold at Plasma. I have made millions off this way of farming; however, I'm 150% sick of this. People make millions a week spending less plat than I do on farming, and I spend hours and hours farming gold and leveling friends to make my money.

Respectfully,
    Mennddoza
    Then maybe it is a sign you shouldn't spend as much plat.

Mend, the players that enjoy farming seem to find more success than the hardcore plat-spenders. It's one big psychological game. If you're the type of person that consciously thinks and hopes to get a pink that round, then each individual run you do will seem more tedious after that and so on (and so you have an on-going cycle). Farm with a new mindset. Do it for fun, and try not to get caught up in the pinks. Set limits for yourself each day and just enjoy the other things. Find a few friends to farm with and talk to them while you do it. You'll be more focused on them and the socializing rather than the "C'mon, gimme a pink!" You'll feel much more content when you drop a pink and the luck will start to come.

Besides Mend, let's be honest. If you quit you know you'll come back sometime... always happens

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Btw don't farm dragon or fang. I learned my lesson and spent hours doing that for days. Your better off farming nuri or slayer
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i spend 2000 a week never farm feast unless u want dragon sest paid nuris is good also karma does happen in this game go lvl some low lvl people in forest heaven or giveaway stuff worked for me but keep trying also don't spend money on plat if you don't want to

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xxkilsxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

If you had that much plat it would of made more sense running plat nuri

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Mennddoza

For me it seems the luck with farming comes and goes. Farm when you're hot. PVP when you aren't.

If you really are superstitious and think it's cuz your account is from 2010. Make a new account. Use the new account for farming. See what happens.

I have also noticed ppl with daily 3x combo blessings have better drops then me on thrasher with shamus. Maybe I'm crazy but happens so much. Maybe you'll have better luck if you just farm with blessing combos

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Menn, this is the exact thing that happened to me...

Wasted tons of plat, got no luck, then got mad when someone with a 1.5 combo elixer got extremely lucky after 30 minutes.

That's why I switched to merching. Seriously though, I make around 1m a week without any plat cost AND (most importantly) without relying on lame ol' luck.
    Lord of all Toast
    Toastylord - main
    Eternalord - L15 bear|Eternaltoast - L15 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

yoooo mendozza stay for a bit man, some people just have crappy farming luck. Don't take it too seriously, what I do is farm in bursts of one hour at a time, it makes it seem shorter and makes it to where you don't feel cheated if you don't get any drops. I might have farmed hundreds of hours and only gotten 2-3 dragon vanity drops, but when you do it in short but intense periods, it's rewarding when something finally drops.

--Fight here

and definitely merching is good, although boring, so I just tend to do cs merching for 15 minutes a day, then use the leftover money to buy disc PvP items like fbows which i can just sit on as they increase in price, and sell when I need gear. gold isn't everything. You've got a good 20 bird, a good 71 bird, and I don't even know how many alts in between. do some PvP or sit in towne, or log off relax and go on a jog, the point of the game is to kill computer generated enemies or kill other players, and I think a lot of people get twisted up in trying to achieve 50, 100, or even 1000 million golds when there's not much point to hoarding that much.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I know this is a silly reason to quit, but I guess no one can comprehend the amount of time I've committed to farming. I've actually spent hours equal to weeks on farming. Everything and anything. Try to understand. Seriously last thing I'm posting on Forums... lol.

bye
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    I know this is a silly reason to quit, but I guess no one can comprehend the amount of time I've committed to farming. I've actually spent hours equal to weeks on farming. Everything and anything. Try to understand. Seriously last thing I'm posting on Forums... lol.

bye
    pop on in game and we can chat in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Mennddoza

For me it seems the luck with farming comes and goes. Farm when you're hot. PVP when you aren't.

If you really are superstitious and think it's cuz your account is from 2010. Make a new account. Use the new account for farming. See what happens.

I have also noticed ppl with daily 3x combo blessings have better drops then me on thrasher with shamus. Maybe I'm crazy but happens so much. Maybe you'll have better luck if you just farm with blessing combos
    This^

Over the past 4 years of playing ive noticed the "Farm when your hot" and when your not relax and take a day off. Ive noticed since caverns were nerfed the whole games drop rate system went to poop. I farm in burst as a few have mentioned above and if i see or get nothing i dont farm that day. Ive quit doing my dailys as its a waste of time. And ghost said it beautifully "Dont have the mind set of always hoping for a pink" Aka burning yourself out. I used to do this and would become angry and mad over it. Now i just farm when i feel like it and its worked pretty good. Im probably one of those whiners " Ive run this map for hours whens my dragon drop gonna haopen"? and what do you know i get a drop the exact run or runs afterwards. Lucks a funny factor just dont stress over it and try new things. Good luck to whatever you do in the future.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Somemager For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    just dont try hard and relax, don't think about it. Just farm with combo and big luck and you will make millions. Stop wasting plat on fang, go to konzonite and you will make a million at least every day there. That's how got to 6m gold count GL!
    You can't drop good items there at level 75.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

75 in Konzite is like staying 58 to farm glyph

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I remember in Humania after release, I ran thrashed with shamus in the plat boss map, for 50 runs and best item i got was a non set staff, although it did become part of a set later I'm pretty sure it was worth like 50k in cs.
    Farming sucks because of this, you could run 1000x of a map get nothing, some guy could join and (without elixir of course) have the very same chance at a drop as you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

well then instead of wasting your plat on farming, put it to good use and go 76 or 77. Either way slayer and konzonite are 10x better the dragon vanity farming. ur welcome :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    well then instead of wasting your plat on farming, put it to good use and go 76 or 77. Either way slayer and konzonite are 10x better the dragon vanity farming. ur welcome :-)
    @rodder