Thread: New content suggestions

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default New content suggestions

First off I should state that I am a new-ish player and have only been part of PL since the Winter Wonderland campaign. I started this thread to throw out some ideas about where I believe the game should be heading and just want to put them on paper (so to speak).

1) New campaign Balefort Sewers. First off is the lack of loot/gold, since everyone is trying to reach the elite level 56, most people are doing strict xp runs mostly in Bandit's Hideout and skipping Gold Fever. Many people have done the math and this nets you ~100 xp and maybe 300 gold per run, with the potential of no loot what-so-ever. Skipping the boss means you are not guaranteed any loot, making these runs a giant gold sink hole with the use of even the cheapest xp pot. Even if you do happen to get a pink drop on a mini-boss, no one has the gold to buy it!
    Solution: Make drops more frequent. In Alien Oasis repeat Keeper runs were tedious, but at least I could liquidate all the drops I received in the run to cover the cost of a pot. There should be mob drops, mini-bosses should drop for all members of the party and so should all bosses.

2) Level 56. I think the move to add an extra level and create an elite bracket of players was perhaps a good idea; however I'm not sure that's what was actually achieved here. The prize for reaching the Crown of Persistence, which has decent stats, but forces players to choose between the new level 55 gear and breaking up their level 50 gear (which just received bonus set stats). I thought the crown would be a vanity item so the "elite" players could wear their crown with pride!
    Solution: Make the Crown of Persistence a vanity item. This could motivate the people who don't want to break up a different set to actually want to level up to 56.

3) Crafting hiccups. There are a couple of craftable items that I seem to have no use currently: Fine Chain Scraps/Sheets and Basic Magician's Wand. Fine chain scraps are awarded as for completing the Kidnapped quest. The recipe system seems flawed, since the recipes are so hard and then they are consumable?!
    Solution: Create a new armor that uses the fine chain, change the enchantress wands (Gemstone Wand, Gemstone Shard Wand) to be crafted with basic magician's wand (fixed in 1.7 Content Update 56585). Make recipe drops added to a "permanent" crafting list, so the recipe isn't consumable.

4) Consignment Store (CS) issues. There are two slots in CS that seem pointless (one more than the other) and that the rings section and the vanity section. Since rings are currently only available through platinum purchase they cannot be sold or traded and will never actually appear in CS. The vanity category is filled with numerous colors of one item, the Hooch Hat.
    Solution: Remove the two sections from CS, make rings available through drops/crafting, add new vanity drops.

The top three issues are the top things that cause me to log fewer and fewer hours on this game. I do enjoy it to a point, but BS can really be a downer sometimes.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-10-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Content update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The new campaign drained 8 mil from me. Mob drops are needed, very needed. I don't think reaching 56 is worth it what so ever. Just for spotlight and a helmet. I regret hitting 56 first, and it doesn't matter to me if the crown is vanity or not. But I think that it has to stay how it is or the developers would have to remake the last 4 quest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Agreed on all points. Feedback WIN.

@Lone: 8 mill? Gak.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I really hope they don't bring back tons of drops. The lack of drops is one thing I love about this campaign. You can play and play without constantly having to stop to liquidate. If they could find another way to increase gold income that's fine. I won't get into it any more here because there was already a lengthy discussion of this in another thread, but I personally hope that this is the way they will do drops on all maps from here on.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Some really good ideas i agree with all four... i have lost like 10k but thats nothing... i just play ao3 sometimes but i want to play sewers.. only cuz the boss/mini boss drops items and its not always i get an item..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I totally agree with all except the first, just a bit.

56 only seemed a bigger deal during the first week, now its getting less and less "elite". I really like the extra 5 stats and 1 skill point, thats all. The crown doesn't even seem much to me anymore. Its just there for those that wanna see it.

Crafting has so much potential too. That one i really liked was the possibility of a lot of customisation. The ability to use those green gems to forge end game gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I agree abou the ilquidations, completly agaisnt them, two things: 1) More gold drpping from mobs especialy mini boss's, and 2) A LOT more gold awarded from quests I mean, whats the point?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gluttony, I agree about 98%.

I haven't really run any of the new area yet (even though I was probably one of the first people to purchase it). I'm not an "oldie" at all and only had the gold reserves from one character to work with, which, when BS was released, was about 100k or so. This basically made BS unplayable for me, and I've been grinding my experience in CTK instead (and farming lowbie crafting gear solely to sell, which is as boring as dirt). I know the area, and even if the drops are all green garbage, at least I can liquidate them and offset my losses. An actual drop table for BS would be nice; as it stands, I will not run it unless I am looking for experience and cannot get it anywhere else - gold and drops are nowhere to be found. Seeing as how this is what I play for, I'll be steering clear.

I completely agree with making the Crown of Persistence a vanity item. I actually thought it was, and when I heard that it wasn't, I lost any reason I might have had to level to 56. I am not a "hardcore" player, but I might have been convinced to achieve something remarkable if the prize were something other than breaking up a hard-fought set for a piece of EQ that I will never use. Ditto on the Level 55 Crafted stuff, while we're on the topic: I see the recipes in CS for 30k. That should say something right there. The two points which you mentioned regarding crafting are functional fixes, and of course I agree wholeheartedly.

On removing the rings and vanity slots in CS, I only half agree. I'd like to see the vanity slot removed, yes (or several worthwhile tradeable vanity pieces added to the game)...but I'd like to see the rings slot remain and a full suite of rings added to drop tables across the game. Grey, white...all the way up to pink. With a variety of suffices. Maybe even add them to existing sets. This would give players a reason to go back through the lower-level areas and explore again.

Thems my two cents.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agree with all exept nr. 1 , i believe it should be ELITE to reach lvl 56, so it should be EXTREMELY expensive if u wanba speed up, if we had more gold EVERyONE would pot up and gold would seem worthless again, with no drops abd no gold the actual goldprize rises which is better for the new players since hardcore players like thelobearcher spend 8 mil on pots. So now there is 8 mil gold LESS in the game just from 1 player.. If u sum that up it was the bBEST idea in my oppinion to do what the devs did with sewers! But yea agree with all other numbers completely

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I noticed today in the patch that stat points were added to the Crown of Persistence; even though it's not a vanity item like I would have preferred, this change may persuade me to want to get one before it's too late.

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I completly agree with all your ideas.. i havent wasted that much on lvling only about 1 mil but still its a hassle.. but Pvp is always there "
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |