Thread: lvl 50-53 Gold Fever runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default lvl 50-53 Gold Fever runs

Looking for people lvl 50-53 to do Gold Fever runs. For a chance to get 53 & under pink drops. I'll will be hosting run look for Cabero in the game list. When you join tell me your from the forums and I will add you. If the run is full pm me in game and I'll add you and invite you the next run if I don't have a full forum group.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok now I see why people keep skipping Gold Fever lol. Most pugs don't have a clue how to beat him... If you got a group that knows what their doing he is easy. Well I guess I'll just do normal xp runs lol. To much dying for me lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yep that's the main problem with goldfinger. Its either someone will get the emote (meaning they have the bomb) and they stay close to the group and wipe the whole group or it will just take a very long time to kill him. What I do is I ask for a vote for remake or kill the boss and if they chose the boss I will tell them we will try if its fast enough we will keep killing him if not remake.

Here is a tip for mages on Gold Finger

Don't use BoV till you see the emote or just learn how to time it so that you have 40 extra armor in case you get the bomb it is enough most of the time to keep you alive.

If you don't have BoV available use Mana Shield but never use both at the same time or you might die the next time the bomb goes off.

Also the bomb seems to do more damage to the people around it than to the person who has it. And I am not sure of this but damage seems to be exponentially meaning that the more people it hits the more damage it will cause to each.
    Last edited by Echelong; 02-21-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Cabero. Add my main Yvonnel. If you get enough I would like to do some runs.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

They also don't kill chests.

Ok I added you I'm taking a break right now. Died like 30 times when hosting runs lol need to take a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can accumulate two bird combos to make it from last fever AOE to the next one. First one hits gold fever and right after it cools, can destroy the fever chest. Works for me and I make sure I don't aggro the boss too much as I try to be the chest breaker in the party.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

People bailing on Gold Fever cracks me up. Cabero and I were in a party yesterday or the day before and everyone else bailed at the end. Cabero and my bear (Bearcephus) took Gold Fever down about as fast as a full party can with no pots involved. You just have to know what you are doing with him. Good times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ill join, add Anyrra.

Anyrra-level 51 int mage|Azesacoz-level 10 dex archer|Veuatan- level 6 str bear

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are the 51 and 53 pinks valuable at all? I've looted two 53 dex armors and have had a very difficult time trying to sell them.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

someone traded me an entire set of Cosmos with Gurgox Shield and Laser Wand for a 53 Raid Roach cap. Yea, it's kinda valuable. The market's flooded though....

I'll run with you. Either Foofatooty or Tengotengo. If I see you on, that is.

I'm kind of surprised that people balk at doing goldfever. If there's a pile of mages, the aoe spam alone usually destroys the chests. 3 or 4 mages in a full group can just allow everyone to power through him, sometimes as fast as Keeper. Granted, I've tried to solo him, and I get similar results as I do with Keeper....a quick and stupid death.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    Are the 51 and 53 pinks valuable at all? I've looted two 53 dex armors and have had a very difficult time trying to sell them.
    Well everyone sells them for a lot because they want as much as they can get for them. They hope the rich will pay the price for them for lvling gear. Although I'm poor and I spent 300k on a RR bow. I want the lvl 53 gear because I'm 53 now and the 53 gear is so close in stats to the 55 gear. I would rather just get the 53 gear now and just wait for new sets to come out. I don't care for the crafted stats at all so why bother getting the 55 gear.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just want to note, you can go up to 54 and still get lvl 53 pinks. I just saw this earlier when I was leveling my Mage. I think 55 pinks only drop if there is a 55 in the party. For 51 pinks, I'd assume nobody can be higher than 52.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm usually equipped with full raid roach and bow or full Henchman's and bow so I know I always have the full aggro and most always, I'll get infected which is what I prefer. I can take off away from the group and survive the blast. That's how I usually keep a noob group alive with gold fever.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando