Thread: NEW Mythic Frost Bow Constructive Feedback.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Cool NEW Mythic Frost Bow Constructive Feedback.

Greeting everyone ,

This will be my first Constructive Thread and i Encourage you to give me your opinions+advice and/or Help me with the information needed .
    I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

''The new Frost-Touched Weapons Should and were intended to be ( in my opinion) better and worse then theElondrian Mythic Weapons in different situations while staying more or less equal in general.''

The Frost-Touched Bow of Potency: I own this weapon, here is my feedback:

o The proc, which is activated with basic attacks creates an ice-pool that lasts around 3 seconds pushes the enemies standing on it and damages the enemies on it OVER TIME.The full damage of the proc if a mob miraculously stays on the pool for 3 seconds is in average 3-4 basic attacks with the same weapon

o The Aspects that need to be change in my opinion:

a)The PROBLEM is that the mobs are pushed away+take a bit of damage as soon as the pool starts but do not take damage the rest of the time because they are not standing on the pool anymore. The mobs onlly take 1/4 of the damage the ice pool does = 1-2 basic bow attacks.

b)I have seen that the PROC RATE of the Frost Bow is very rare, alot smaller than the PROC RATE of the Elon Bow through numerous( at least 130+) elite map runs.

o The Elon Bow Heals ALL ALLIES that stand in the circle+Damages nearby mobs.The heal you can get is useful to your whole team.
    We want the Frost Bow Proc to be more OFFENSIVE then the Elon proc but less DEFENSIVE then the Elon proc.the problem here is that the damage is nearly non existent and the proc rate is low.

oMy suggestions(Nothing too crazy):
    Raise the proc rate of the ice pool so that it is at least the same as the Elon bows proc rate( if it isn't already).And instead of damage over-time, why not change the damage to a BURST(that has presence in elite maps please.) that way the mobs take ALL the damage of the proc instead of only receiving 1/4 of the nearly non existent damage.

Or if STS find a better idea that helps in the OFFENSIVE ( The proc rate increase and change to BUSRT DAMAGE are primary updates i believe,if you have better idea/s post them in the comments please!).

All of this is based on my experience,otherwise i have asked many people about the frost-bow and most were dissapointed about it.

THANK YOU FOR READING LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME ON ANYTHING!!! I CAN UPDATE THIS
    THREAD =)

Have a wonderful day!
    -Yumisa
    Last edited by Yumisa; 01-03-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Although the frost bow does have its flaws, its the best of the 3 frost weapons and the most expensive. All 3 have low proc rate.

And of the 9 level 41 mythic weapons, the top 3 are the 2 bows and bonesaw.

Overall, no need to improve on the top 3 weapons, improve the bottom six. Sword and shield and mage weapons. Its like me requesting to buff bonesaw. Many (but not all) rogue weapons have been strong due to the stat increases and not necessarily the procs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I agree with a damage burst proc, that would be so sick in PvE!

And should stay in PvE.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Changing the proc - I don't know about this. The proc doesn't seem very useful at the moment, this is true.

Fixing the proc rate of all frost weapons, so that it is comparable to previous myth weapons - I support this 100%.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Im really not sure about the Frost bow being the best of the 3 Frost weapons,as I mention in this thread, not only does it have a low proc rate but the damage of the proc on mobs is = to 1/4 of the damage that is meant to be done because the proc is damage over time and the mobs are quickly pushed out of the Ice pool.

And so, the proc's damage on mobs is = to 1-2basic bow attacks.Which is really low and most people would say ''useless''.

Bonesaw proc actually is useful, I understand the price of bonesaw I understand the price of Elon bow but i believe that the price of frost bow is not the one it should be because people had no idea the frost bow proc would be that bad...I did ask 8 Ppl who had a frost bow, they were all dissapointed about the proc.
    Last edited by Yumisa; 01-03-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It was just supposed to be a reskin. They should have made it do ice pools at all. Blue ice bushes should have been where the should have drew the line.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yes, I was thiking that a Burst instead of damage over time would solve the problem of the mobs receiving 1/4 of the damage intended as i explained in thread.

A Burst would not make the frost bow op in pve, it would make it ''useful'' for once.
    If a Burst proc would be too over-powered in pvp but not in pve then they can nerf it onlly for pvp.Nothing should stop STS from beeing able to change the proc to a burst
    Last edited by Yumisa; 01-03-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

frost bow need to improve the proc.. or chnage the proc make it like the elon bow..
    IGN: MiAmoure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

STS STS STS please please hear our concern. I hope after this holiday they really should assess/relook this Frost Touched Mythic Weapons.

I really agree with their comments here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisa View Post
    Im really not sure about the Frost bow being the best of the 3 Frost weapons,as I mention in this thread, not only does it have a low proc rate but the damage of the proc on mobs is = to 1/4 of the damage that is meant to be done because the proc is damage over time and the mobs are quickly pushed out of the Ice pool.

And so, the proc's damage on mobs is = to 1-2basic bow attacks.Which is really low and most people would say ''useless''.

Bonesaw proc actually is useful, I understand the price of bonesaw I understand the price of Elon bow but i believe that the price of frost bow is not the one it should be because people had no idea the frost bow proc would be that bad...I did ask 8 Ppl who had a frost bow, they were all dissapointed about the proc.
    The 3 frost weapons proc low.

Frost Bow is better than Frost Gun.
    Frost Gun is better than or equal to Frost Sword and Shield.

Frost Bow is best of the 3 frost weapons. Other weapons need to be evaluated and then the bow should be considered.

Concerning the top 3 41 weapons out of the 9:

Elondrian Bow is probably preferred in PVP and not so much in PVE. Heal and Bush aren't as useful in PVE but can be somewhat useful in PVP.
    Frost Bow is probably preferred in PVE and not so much in PVP. Proc is at least doing a small amount of extra damage in PVE to make times slightly more efficient when it does proc.

Rogues probably would choose the Frost Bow for more efficient times during runs.

No need to make an already strong weapon stronger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

If it proc as often as the elon bow, I think I would use it in pvp. I already do use it. The push out of ice pool is beneficial when trying to get around a tank to get to a rogue or mage. If just the proc rate was the same as elon bow, I'd love it.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Bump since STS Devs are asking for more feedbacks and opinions ect... I would appreciate if a mod/Dev looked into this matter and gave us his/her opinion . (It seems like raising the proc rate of all frost weapons is the shortest and most simple solution that would save them some time to focus on other matter after)