Thread: Can we have distinct looks for the new equipment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Can we have distinct looks for the new equipment?

One of things I've noticed is that with gear like thoth, isis, osiris, and horus, they each had a distinct look (although they looked the same across the dex, int, and str sets respectively). With the new gear, the fury fighter, mega mage, and raid roach all look the same on each set. Plus, the purples and pinks have the same texture on each of the sets, with only the weapons being different.

I would like to see more distinct textures that remain the same for each piece of equipment across the different classes. The void, cosmos, and rift I think were some of the best looking items in the game (and still are).
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 02-21-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Rephrased something to make it clearer to understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, im guessing devs didnt have much time for it since everyone was complaning they were bored ( Including me of course) so im thinking they just kinda did it in a hurry to get us busy so they can work on guilds and aoe town.

If you take a look, we only have like 3-4 more new models + Crafting. Crafting = No new models, just icons, same as rings, and the rest is just textures. I think next new sets will look different, well i really hope so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

They set the bar up way high with the swamp stuff I think. The swamp missions, gear and environment are by far the best looking in the game... so now it's hard to top it off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    One of things I've noticed is that with gear like thoth, isis, osiris, and horus, they each had a distinct look.
    Not close to true. All Thoth, Isis, Osiris, and Horus items looked exactly identical to each other, to the lower pinks (Conq, legend, dreamer, mastery, sniper and JT), and even to the lesser versions like purples. The only exceptions were the Mynas helmets of Isis and Thoth which got unique designs from a forum design contest. The whole idea of unique looking, cap only items is completely unique to AO3 (only other example I can think of is the voodoo master set which was added long after the 35 cap was over). Not saying it wouldn't be nice but I don't expect to see it. A gemstone helm is a gemstone helm regardless of variety. If they add new sets without non-pink versions, I think that would be the only way. Anyway, this is at least the third thread on this topic...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    They set the bar up way high with the swamp stuff I think. The swamp missions, gear and environment are by far the best looking in the game... so now it's hard to top it off.
    Yep, swamp and AO3 gear are the best looking and best planned gear IMO. and swamp is one of the best areas although all the stunning gets annoying after a while.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Yep, swamp and AO3 gear are the best looking and best planned gear IMO. and swamp is one of the best areas although all the stunning gets annoying after a while.
    I agree the swamp gear is very nice, but FYI most of it came out long after the cap had gone up from 35. Originally there was just bayou bows for dex (not even any talons or daggers), zombie staff, fire pin and mojo wand for int (none of the frog stuff including the hat), and really the only unique Str item was the croc tooth sword. So it wasn't necessarily the "best planned", more like the best augmented.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spend like 300k on swamp items just for decoration cause they looked sooo nice, banjo and fishing pole are my fav <3

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wish the pinks looked unique. Has anyone seen the armor worn by the Beargular and the Forger in the sewer town? I'd like if we could get armor like they have. These designs are already in the game, they'd just need to make them available for players.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I agree the swamp gear is very nice, but FYI most of it came out long after the cap had gone up from 35. Originally there was just bayou bows for dex (not even any talons or daggers), zombie staff, fire pin and mojo wand for int (none of the frog stuff including the hat), and really the only unique Str item was the croc tooth sword. So it wasn't necessarily the "best planned", more like the best augmented.
    Yes I remember that was after the elite dungeon update with the swamp towne. it got revamped but they should have the idea and new update even though really nice for a lot of it feels that they went lazy on us or maybe its because they are working a lot on blackstar.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Not close to true. All Thoth, Isis, Osiris, and Horus items looked exactly identical to each other, to the lower pinks (Conq, legend, dreamer, mastery, sniper and JT), and even to the lesser versions like purples. The only exceptions were the Mynas helmets of Isis and Thoth which got unique designs from a forum design contest. The whole idea of unique looking, cap only items is completely unique to AO3 (only other example I can think of is the voodoo master set which was added long after the 35 cap was over). Not saying it wouldn't be nice but I don't expect to see it. A gemstone helm is a gemstone helm regardless of variety. If they add new sets without non-pink versions, I think that would be the only way. Anyway, this is at least the third thread on this topic...
    That's what I meant - they all had their own look. I think I may have to clarify that so that people don't misunderstand me.

Either way, I think that the consensus is that there needs to be some new textures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Id rather have entire new models.. Seriously textures are boring. I understand for the armor but the weapons should be sewer items.. I want a old bicycle shield for my bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    Id rather have entire new models.. Seriously textures are boring. I understand for the armor but the weapons should be sewer items.. I want a old bicycle shield for my bear
    I was sure there would be sewer grate shields. Honestly I was kinda hoping the sewer theme would bring steampumk styled pinks. The whole gem thing seems out of place for sewers but I guess it goes with the bandit stuff...

Edit: To be fair, I do like much of the new gear. It is mostly old designs recolored, but at least they reused some of my favorite staff and wand designs, and the mace is pretty epic (too bad its stats don't compare to AO3 two handers). I also thing the helms are all pretty decent. People are spoiled in that regard. I remember a time when you couldnt even see helms, and up to AO3 pretty much all helms in the game were identical, just different colors.
    Last edited by Royce; 02-21-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I was sure there would be sewer grate shields. Honestly I was kinda hoping the sewer theme would bring steampumk styled pinks. The whole gem thing seems out of place for sewers but I guess it goes with the bandit stuff...

Edit: To be fair, I do like much of the new gear. It is mostly old designs recolored, but at least they reused some of my favorite staff and wand designs, and the mace is pretty epic (too bad its stats don't compare to AO3 two handers). I also thing the helms are all pretty decent. People are spoiled in that regard. I remember a time when you couldnt even see helms, and up to AO3 pretty much all helms in the game were identical, just different colors.
    I like the shadow set from the shadow caves now that I think about - except for the helm, which was just a cyber helm with a different color.

Still, I was hoping for some entirely unique designs for the new equipment.