Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bit Lacking In The Social Niceties...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry A Bit Lacking In The Social Niceties...

Here's just a couple of things that really irk me of late (feel free to chime in with yours):

1) Players who join an instance in which I'm farming or XPing, send a friend request, and then proceed to spam the trade button on me. Do you not see that I'm fighting to stay alive here??? In my book, this is no better than begging. When you go over to grandma's for dinner, do you ignore grandma, bypass the rest of the family and head straight for the oven to bury your face in the casserole dish? Probably not, I'm guessing (casserole burns are the worst, FYI).

2) Players who throw pity parties and/or guilt trips because I will not drag their alts. I have never asked ANY of you to drag me. I would solo before begging for experience, and I would expect any of the people on my friends list would do the same. If you can't solo, go join a level-appropriate PUG like a normal person.

3) If you send me three invites in a row to come and farm Plasma Pyramid with you, chances are I'm not going to join you when you invite me the next three times, either. This is a sure-fire way to find yourself off of my friends list in a hurry.

4) When you send me a Friend Request, I would like to add you because I know I can trust you in trade and rely on you in battle. Your incessant screaming of "ADD ME!!!" while I'm tanking the boss that YOU are supposed to be tanking helps your case with neither of these concerns.

5) Please stop asking if you can have free things. I know this has been covered in countless other threads, but it really breaks my heart when I see new players do this...especially Enchantresses. Hey, Enchantresses: Your character is DESIGNED to make money. Go make some! In the time you've been sitting here begging me for free items, you could have made 3000 gold running Sarcophagus. On the other side of this, if someone gives you free things, thank them.

That is all I have...and I feel a lot better knowing that maybe one person who engages in some or all of this annoying behavior will maybe knock it off now. It's obnoxious and it makes my ignore list epic...and if we were all a little more considerate (me included, with my logging out mid-conversation), PL would be a much nicer place. So stop.

*rant concluded*
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post
    Here's just a couple of things that really irk me of late (feel free to chime in with yours):

1) Players who join an instance in which I'm farming or XPing, send a friend request, and then proceed to spam the trade button on me. Do you not see that I'm fighting to stay alive here??? In my book, this is no better than begging. When you go over to grandma's for dinner, do you ignore grandma, bypass the rest of the family and head straight for the oven to bury your face in the casserole dish? Probably not, I'm guessing (casserole burns are the worst, FYI).

2) Players who throw pity parties and/or guilt trips because I will not drag their alts. I have never asked ANY of you to drag me. I would solo before begging for experience, and I would expect any of the people on my friends list would do the same. If you can't solo, go join a level-appropriate PUG like a normal person.

3) If you send me three invites in a row to come and farm Plasma Pyramid with you, chances are I'm not going to join you when you invite me the next three times, either. This is a sure-fire way to find yourself off of my friends list in a hurry.

4) When you send me a Friend Request, I would like to add you because I know I can trust you in trade and rely on you in battle. Your incessant screaming of "ADD ME!!!" while I'm tanking the boss that YOU are supposed to be tanking helps your case with neither of these concerns.

5) Please stop asking if you can have free things. I know this has been covered in countless other threads, but it really breaks my heart when I see new players do this...especially Enchantresses. Hey, Enchantresses: Your character is DESIGNED to make money. Go make some! In the time you've been sitting here begging me for free items, you could have made 3000 gold running Sarcophagus. On the other side of this, if someone gives you free things, thank them.

That is all I have...and I feel a lot better knowing that maybe one person who engages in some or all of this annoying behavior will maybe knock it off now. It's obnoxious and it makes my ignore list epic...and if we were all a little more considerate (me included, with my logging out mid-conversation), PL would be a much nicer place. So stop.

*rant concluded*
    Agreed on all points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

YES! I wish something could be done with invite spamming. I can't see anything. Something like "Please wait 60 seconds before sending this individual another invite."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's another one.
    "Trade me this 200kg thing for those two 100kg things and a little cash"
    -trade-
    "wait, I want that first thing back. Will you take this complete piece of trash 2kg thing for it? LOOK IT'S SO COOL LOOKING AND POWERFUL! NO? I'LL TRADE YOU TWO SHINY PILES OF TRASH FOR THAT 200kg THING!"
    -no. trade everything back the way it was, please-
    "here's your two 100kg things, but I don't have your money so here's that piece of trash I wanting to trade you for"

ugh. the trade and the re-trade were about 4 minutes apart too.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

When you go over to grandma's for dinner, do you ignore grandma, bypass the rest of the family and head straight for the oven to bury your face in the casserole dish? Probably not, I'm guessing (casserole burns are the worst, FYI).
    I now know what made you stop begging XD jks

I think an "ignore all" button would be a nice... or "ignore invites"...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

The your enchantress you make money easier sounds ackward lol, i totally get your point btw
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    The your enchantress you make money easier sounds ackward lol, i totally get your point btw
    ahh lmao i see what you did there XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We really really neee a ignore imvites button. I was in forest haven on my mage to do daily quest then some kids messaged me asking fir free stuff. I gave him something then i checked and i had like at least 9 friend invites.. Its insane.. Same with some 50s its like i joon games and the second i enter i get friend invites, its so freaking annoyig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hey, Enchantresses: Your character is DESIGNED to make money. Go make some! In the time you've been sitting here begging me for free items, you could have made 3000 gold running Sarcophagus. On the other side of this, if someone gives you free things, thank them.
    this is so true, especially the thank you part
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

enchantresses do have *cough* developed bodies. Im sure there are some *erm* Ladies of the night, in Forest haven
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    enchantresses do have *cough* developed bodies. Im sure there are some *erm* Ladies of the night, in Forest haven
    that's a permaban if they get caught i think....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another variation is ppl sending you invites during the 1st microseconds you join an instance...
    O_o
    Creepy.

On a side note, I don't mind lower levels dragging themselves along, and gaining some xp. I know what a bore it is to grind to that yet, next level (especially in the late 40s). I only boot them when the party's full so a like-levelled player can join.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    That is SOOOOO not what I meant...I've been staring at this post all day, trying to figure out what you were getting at.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

That is SOOOOO not what I meant...I've been staring at this post all day, trying to figure out what you were getting at.
    win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have to agree that the multi-invites, all within 30 seconds is really not cool. I get it. You need people for your game. If I can play, I will join. Spamming me invites isn't going to get me there if I am busy. If you need me specifically, them send me a PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    that's a permaban if they get caught i think....
    How about folks who PM my enchantress "are u a girl?". That annoys me to no end... why in the world would they even care? It's a cartoon elf. What does the gender of the cartoon elf have to do with anything??? Grrrrr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    How about folks who PM my enchantress "are u a girl?". That annoys me to no end... why in the world would they even care? It's a cartoon elf. What does the gender of the cartoon elf have to do with anything??? Grrrrr.
    It is annoying and more than a little creepy. I have been tempted more than once to call Jeff Hansen at Dateline's To Catch a Predator on some of the weirdo - are you a girl -- comments I have been sent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

why did everyone think i was a girl for the longest time? I was told i have pretty eyes in the past but....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

OMG, Tsarra, LMAO.

Reponse to (2) "Why are you here? You can't use any drops here and don't get more xp."

Don't rez them and maybe start gathering mobs and running through grates. As long as they're there, you can entertain yourself. These people are not powerleveling. They are leeching. There's a difference. Powerleveling != as useful as air, has to be protected like thin glass.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's just a couple of things that really irk me of late
    You know what ''irks'' me? When i try to join a lvl 55 AO3 game on my lvl 10 and i get kicked...I MEAN COMON ALL I WANA DO IS GET CARED ~Roflcopter~