Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If you haven't seen it yet - check out Haroldiv's player made video review

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Cool If you haven't seen it yet - check out Haroldiv's player made video review

For those of you who aren't following Pocket Legends on Facebook or Twitter and see this already, check out Haroldiv's kickin' video review:

Haroldiv, gotta say I really enjoyed the vid! I also noticed from the comments that you were considering doing a strategy video. I'd love to see that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey thanks! Yeah imma do another vid or two after this for sure. First one up is pvp strategy once it cones out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is an awesome vid Haroldiv! Makes me wanna delete my app and re-install it again just for kicks!

Out of curiosity, how were you able to make video's like this? Maybe there's an app I am unaware of, I'm a noob...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxan View Post
    That is an awesome vid Haroldiv! Makes me wanna delete my app and re-install it again just for kicks!

Out of curiosity, how were you able to make video's like this? Maybe there's an app I am unaware of, I'm a noob...
    Unfortunately there is no single app solution for something like this. It would be awesome if there was an appall approved screen capture app but I don't think we will see anything like that soon. In order to do what I'm doing you need a Mac or PC, a video capture unit (RCA to USB or FireWire) and a jailbroken iPhone 3GS/brand new iPod touch 64 gig. An iphone 3G or older touch won't work well, u need a lot of processing power to play a 3d game and capture video simultaneously.

I use an app from cydia called TVout2 which lets u push video out of any app in any aspect ratio and even let's you size and scale the video. What I do is run this app in the background and use an apple approved video out cable. These are designed to only work with apps approved by apple for video out. It's a ton of code that they usually don't approve so most people do not include this feature in their apps. TVout2 bypasses this and let's you see pretty decent video from any app as long as it isn't using the camera API.

So basically this app allows you to play any game on your flatscreen too! Instead of plugging into a tv I plug into the video capture unit and just do a simple edit inside iMovie. Sound pretty complicated but it's not that bad at all. The problem is there are no good cheap video capture units for the Mac.

Almost all of the cheap ones only work specifically with their own software and do not include WDM ( universal camera drivers). For the PC there are tons of 50$ solutions and my favorite are the units from Pinnacle called Dazzles. For the mac the cheapest good one you can get is The canopus ADVC 110. Great rugged unit, been using one for years and still works great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, iPhone needs FRAPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Awesome review. It was extremely well edited, good job.
    Vigor - Alterra