Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Forums and Website Feedback & Suggestions

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Forums and Website Feedback & Suggestions

Hi everyone!

We wanted to reach out and ask you for your thoughts and feelings about the Spacetime Studios website and Pocket Legends message forums.

1. Are there things on the Website you expected to see when you first visited, but weren't there?
    2. Are there things you feel are missing from the message forums?

I'm taking the "glass is half empty" view, as we look for more ways to make the forums more fun and functional. I do have a good list of prior suggestions made here, but I wanted to re-start the conversation in the hopes of getting fresh perspectives and new ideas.

Please let us know what you think. Thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know others have mentioned custom avatars, I think that would be nice.

One thing that I have noticed is that the forums don't track the threads you've read correctly. I have to enter and exit every thread twice for it to register that I've read it (doesn't matter if I refresh the page or not). And sometimes it marks things as read when I haven't read them, so when I click "View First Unread" it skips past stuff, or entire threads are marked as read when that's not the case. I am a regular on a couple other forums too and I haven't noticed this behavior anywhere else, so I assume it must have something to do with the vBulletin software.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guild Page, so that the guild leaders could post a complete synopsis of their guild and how they play, so that it did not need to clog up the General Discussion.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
    One thing that I have noticed is that the forums don't track the threads you've read correctly. I have to enter and exit every thread twice for it to register that I've read it (doesn't matter if I refresh the page or not). And sometimes it marks things as read when I haven't read them, so when I click "View First Unread" it skips past stuff, or entire threads are marked as read when that's not the case. I am a regular on a couple other forums too and I haven't noticed this behavior anywhere else, so I assume it must have something to do with the vBulletin software.
    Nerdherd, could there be anything with your cookies? Also, which browser are you using?

I use the built in forum read notification on Firefox and haven't encountered any problems. Keep in mind that if you use your browser's back button, it won't update that previous page as it's just going back to what you have in your cache. If you refresh the page the read should be reflected.

I'll for sure play with it and test it out on a few other browsers.

Anyone else experiencing difficulty with the read tracking on the forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Guild Page, so that the guild leaders could post a complete synopsis of their guild and how they play, so that it did not need to clog up the General Discussion.
    Yes I believe I was the first one to bring that up I think it would be a lot easier to have a guild page where guild leaders can post stuff about their guilds.

EDIT: Maybe you should start a game feedback Thread too.
    Last edited by Cascade; 05-18-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Nerdherd, could there be anything with your cookies? Also, which browser are you using?
    I use Google Chrome 5.0.375.38. I don't know if it has anything to do with cookies, but it's not because of using the browser back button. I manually refresh (F5) and it still doesn't mark it as read. Here's a more accurate description of the problem and how you can recreate it (assuming Firefox displays the same issue):

1. Open a sub forum with unread threads in a new tab.
    2. Open all unread threads in new tabs, then close the sub forum.
    3. Read all posts in each unread thread, then close each thread.
    4. Go back to main forum, hit F5 and you'll see that the subforum you just read still shows as being unread.

I'm using the icon to the left of the subforum as my indicator of whether it's read or not. It stays blue after following the steps above. The only way to make it turn grey is to enter each subforum again, and then go back to the main forum and refresh.

Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Also, I have that issue with the refreshing of posts you read in Google chrome.
    Last edited by KongsNutz; 05-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Owner AUSSIE PRIDE Guild
    Alterra - Swoopasaurus - Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Lol yeah I definitely want some new avatars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Maybe some kind of bigger alert when you receive a private messege - I often don't notice the tiny '1' on the notifications bar at the top.

And since its a feedback thread and not just a complaint thread I'll say well done on speeding the board up from when it used to be super slow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey i was thinking about this last night, maybe make a mobile version of the websitie so people on ipods can use it easier? Its really hard to use the forums on my ipod so maybe you can make it so when i visit this website on my ipod i can go to the forums in a mobile format thats friendly to my itouch and easier to use? Just a suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stats & Pre-requisites of pink & purple Items

Often I find myself looking all over the forums for the stats of pink and purple items and can't find the info. Any chance we could have an area on the forum that shows the stats and prerequisites?
    Invictuss : level 35 Enchantress
    Dmode : level 5 Warrior
    Habsown : level 1 Archer
    GO HABS GO!