Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Archer and aggro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

another thing like other MMORPG that i played, is the amount of "hate" or aggravation.

Meaning, the more # of skills unload on boss, the more he/she hates you more and come after you. so, in the case of our "pink train choo choo" 4 birds unload all skills same time within 5 secs, then it's who damaged more and missed less on top holds agro. (perhaps)

red orb helps too, although Attackelf just noticed while both of us 56 and Moog had red orb, I took agro on GF, but I did enter room earlier while Moog grab orb.

So Attackelf's higher level theory might have some valid points. When Moog reach 56 in an hour or so we will test more for show
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I just came out of a fight with Mooger. He was 56. We both fought the Gold Fever together and we both had a red orb. What's interesting is that the Gold Fever choose me, despite me being the last person in (because I went to get the last orb).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Don't forget that when you/a mage throws the Nature Strike combo, according to Phys the damage "credit" goes to the mage. So although an archer using all skills may be doing a lot of heavy hits, that Nature Strike is well over 1000 damage sometimes in our runs....might feed into that total-damage-per-time-period idea.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I don't remember seeing a second "combo" - just one from the hot flash. It is possible though. We may have to test this in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sorry , I meant when an archer throws Thorn Root (single tgt) or Thorn Wall (AoE) and a mage subsequently throws Lightning, you trigger the Nature Strike combo; if bossed already heavily debuffed it causes *major* damage, which gets 'credited' to the mage supposedly. I see it repeatedly when running with you
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 02-27-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

At time of this writing, my nature strike does 246 - 378 base damage, plus a 3 - 11 second armor debuff. It recharges once every 3 seconds, so I cast it fairly frequently. The fact that I cast the blessings likely doubles that (+60% crit), plus perhaps a second doubling (?) maybe with the nature strike, and perhaps buffed even more by the fact that I had a red orb.

If I am under the blessings buff, I have a crit currently of 78%, so there is a 78% that my buff will double. (The reason why I wanted the dex helm - a bit off topic, was because of the +10% crit btw; when I get the newer mega mage equipment, my crit will decline to 70%, but with dex crown it will be 80%). This means that there is a 78% chance that the hit will be in excess of that amount, which will later drop to 70%. (Off topic again, but with the Raid Roach, birds lost mana regen. We mages lost our critical hit bonuses with the new Mage equipment.).

Blessings of might buffs crit by 60% for 20 seconds and I believe has a 30 second recharge. It buffs the party's armor by 1 and strength by 6; it's that yellow sparkly thing you see mages often cast before battles. Blessings of vitality is the magenta thing you see.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 02-27-2011 at 11:37 PM.