Thread: Any other android users ping out as much as I do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Any other android users ping out as much as I do?

Since about the time of the last patch I now ping out to the point where the game is unplayable. I can stand around in town and set my phone down afk for forever and not DC but as soon as I join a game and pot up to get experience the ping issues start. If it isn't spiking between 3-7k then it is going up to 130k and disconnecting me from server. I have ping disconnected probably 20 times today. Over the past 2 weeks I think I have spent over 100k on elixirs that I didn't even get to use because I just disconnect. From the beginning of one Stronghold run through the bosses I pinged out and rejoined the same game 3 times. This only seems to happen in the Balefort Sewers areas and since I'm 55 I cannot get exp to get to 56.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can try to iron this out? So far I have fired up Droid Wall and stopped everything but PL and messaging from being able to access the data connection to make sure something like gmail pushes/weather updates/facebook updates were not the cause. Still disconnect as much. Just uninstalled and reinstalled/repatched and disconnected out of the first Hideout game I joined. About to head over to XDA to see if there are any new ROMs out I'd like to try to see if it could be a ROM/modem issue but I was running this ROM with no issues before the last patch. At this rate I may just give up on PL until Blackstar comes out and hope I don't have latency issues there.

/frustrated
    Last edited by ghostface; 02-25-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    LVL50
    Owlcoholik~Bird | Magikskillz~STR/INT Mage | Manabomb DEX/INT Mage | Digitalpimp~Bear
    Playing on Samsung Captivate & Viewsonic Gtablet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was having a similar, but not as extreme, of an issue on my evo until I went to settings, applications, pocket legend, and cleared my cache. Don't know why but my ping went from a 2-3 k average back to the 200-300 it usually is.