Thread: myth bow vs myth daggers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default myth bow vs myth daggers

I have been told many opinions about this (pve mostly). I was just wondering which one is better? I was told frost proc isn't the best but the elon proc is pretty good. And the daggers give good crit and the proc is helpful. Just wondering your opinions/advice/feedback
    IGN:hallweeen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I will say the cheapest one for pve only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Daggers are only better if you do easy tomb maps like km3/Wt4/kt4. For planar tombs/elite Tindirin, get an elon/frost bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

I use mythic daggers 99% of the time now, even in arena. Bow for some bosses just to have range. You don't need range to slice through any mobs in any map and they proc that shield a LOT and you can just plow the maps. Learning curve yes but once you adjust you will never go back to a bow rogue.

The frost bow proc is rare, elon bow procs more often but TBH the bush is flawed and it never really does anything anyways. At least the frost bow proc shoots the whirlwind at the enemy.

My vote is mythic daggers and just use a pink bow for the rare times you need it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

you don't need any mythics for farming sheesh!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I use mythic daggers 99% of the time now, even in arena. Bow for some bosses just to have range. You don't need range to slice through any mobs in any map and they proc that shield a LOT and you can just plow the maps. Learning curve yes but once you adjust you will never go back to a bow rogue.

The frost bow proc is rare, elon bow procs more often but TBH the bush is flawed and it never really does anything anyways. At least the frost bow proc shoots the whirlwind at the enemy.

My vote is mythic daggers and just use a pink bow for the rare times you need it.
    Exactly this. Once you learn to play with the daggers and take advantage of the shield proc that comes with +35 Dex, pair that with a pet that has a crit & dmg bonus AA like Shadowlurk, you'll never go back. I know I'll always stick to the daggers.

It's also about play style. If you're a rogue that likes to stand back and fire aimed shot & nox like an archer then maybe the bow is for you. If you like to play your rogue like a melee character and take advantage of the shield proc & shadow veil like I do, then the daggers are for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I prefer the use of bow for a few reasons.

The top areas for farming for gold right now are Arena and any of the Planar Tombs.

The daggers will help for the Planar Tombs mobs but it feels like that's about it. On the Planar Tombs bosses, most of the time or all of the time, you have to keep your distance from the bosses and keep shooting from afar. When my skills are in cooldown, with daggers, I found myself whiffing these daggers to hopefully proc. With the proc, I am able to get a bit more dmg comparable to a bow and some defense from the shield. Rather than whiffing and wasting time trying to get it to proc, I'd rather hit them with autoattacks on the Mythic Bow for constant dmg that is high without the need of a +35 dex proc of the daggers. The daggers felt useless on some and some environments of Arena as well. Proximity curse, its best to zone from afar to avoid walking over your teammates and killing them and standing still. Spiders, its best to stand still and hit from afar. Vortex, sometimes you're just flung around everywhere and you won't be able to hit the boss with daggers when you're half way across the arena.

Bow just seems like it's more useful in nearly all situations vs daggers in some situations to me. My runs are usually about trying to finish the runs in a fast and timely manner. I mash potions and not afraid to use ankhs so a shield proc isn't so helpful to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I don't have any mythic gear, but on my rogue I do find daggers to be more fun, I like to kill up close and personal lol. Bow for bosses, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    I don't have any mythic gear, but on my rogue I do find daggers to be more fun, I like to kill up close and personal lol. Bow for bosses, though.
    But with a bow, you can flank, kite and snipe

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    I don't even know what flanking and sniping are?! (yep, I am a lowly noob lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    I don't even know what flanking and sniping are?! (yep, I am a lowly noob lol)
    Sniping is picking off enemies from a distance away from combat.

Kiting is attacking enemies while you run away from them (sorta like a kite on a string)

I guess you can actually flank with daggers too because flanking is attacking an enemy from behind while they are attacking someone else.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Ahh I see Glad to know I do those things even though I don't know what they're called lol. I do often use bow in elites, events, or bosses, it's just there's something in stabbing an enemy repeatedly that's very satisfying (<--- totally not a pyscho.. honest.. )