Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So hows the LB vanity goes ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Question So hows the LB vanity goes ?

just wanna know, do they even sell? Are there good buyers who are willing to pay for them? If so, how many are they? few? or tons?

I ran last halloween event and prices was around 20-40m per set - few hours when event ended.
    While days passed by, prices of which became lower and no one already buys them.
    I have no idea for the new winter LB vanities, I saw few trading them for whim + gold, imbued armor + gold.... so imma expect 30-40mil a set? I didnt see "serious" offers from traders market for them as well... so I am thinking.... The LB reward was a huge failure.

Any confirmation from event runners? How did it go and was it profitable / worth the time to run for 4 weeks straight... ?

In my part, skipping this event made me run to tombs and arena and enjoyed my holidays.
    Me and my BF made around 20m minimum from farming and a bit more from merching - just to see the difference of those who ran from LB this event and from those who didnt.

thanks

cute is just my cover

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

There wasn't enough hype for this event. Many were discouraged by the 4 week long event. Others disliked the vanities that came with running the event for lb.

If anything, I would've hoarded eye gems and craftable items rather than running for lb vanities

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Imo they're ugly vanities, that's why no one offering serious gold for them lol
    Fail
    Oh god don't get started on that golem vanity xd bwahahahha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Fraline you miss a huge point of the leaderboard running. Have you ever participated? The majority of the LB runners do so for the fun of having their name on there, not to *get rich* from some item given as the prize. Everyone knows leaderboard is very expensive and competitive, and the big prize is just a token of what you went through. Everyone in my guild, and I think we ended up with 5 people on the LB, just wanted the vanity to keep.

The problem with having an arcane item for the rewards is that it fosters cheating, unhealthy game playing behavior, and a rivalry that goes against the nice community that we have here. StS has said they will never repeat the SNS-type reward for the event LB again. In addition, a large population of the legends players are unable to keep up with the LB because they are working professionals, or students with limited game-play. Once you add in the element of arcane it just creates chaos and unfairness in the game.

I think the unique vanities will hold value, let's face it vanity are really the ONE thing that keeps and goes up in value in this game. We can't expect right after the event when the most of these items are in the game that the price skyrockets. It takes time.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

For me this event was boring. I didn't even aimed for platinum tier. The gems were more cheap at auction rather than farming all the way through such hard tier.

Comparing Halloween and this event reward, I think Halloween designs, theme, purpose to run was clearly motivative unlike winter. I Felt great effort missing on winter vanity designs. And this was indeed a long event.
    # noexcuses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Fraline you miss a huge point of the leaderboard running. Have you ever participated? The majority of the LB runners do so for the fun of having their name on there, not to *get rich* from some item given as the prize. Everyone knows leaderboard is very expensive and competitive, and the big prize is just a token of what you went through. Everyone in my guild, and I think we ended up with 5 people on the LB, just wanted the vanity to keep.

The problem with having an arcane item for the rewards is that it fosters cheating, unhealthy game playing behavior, and a rivalry that goes against the nice community that we have here. StS has said they will never repeat the SNS-type reward for the event LB again. In addition, a large population of the legends players are unable to keep up with the LB because they are working professionals, or students with limited game-play. Once you add in the element of arcane it just creates chaos and unfairness in the game.

I think the unique vanities will hold value, let's face it vanity are really the ONE thing that keeps and goes up in value in this game. We can't expect right after the event when the most of these items are in the game that the price skyrockets. It takes time.
    candy, I am addressing it to those who are selling the vanities and not keeping them. Obviously, they are those runners who are not into just fame for being in leaderboard but still into aiming on something profitable. Look on those who ran for LB and selling their vanities out, there are only few who ran into LB just for fame / keeping the vanities for collections but I do believe marjority are still for profit believing it will help them earn more or what so ever.

My thread doesnt point out that LB needs to have another arcane egg reward either, all I want to know is if it was profitable, like any other smart runners did. Who will do a 4 week run to compete and not owning anything but fame.. I only know few but it doesnt mean all of them does.

Also, I do participated from LB starting from goblin down to Halloween events, I both know how eggs and vanities differ a lot esp on how they are in the market. Still, competition is there even they changes prizes from eggs to vanities. Did u saw Halloween leaderboard after it ended? I wont want to mention, theres obviously still "flames" between the ranks on 25 and 26, right? So I dont think vanities does maintain peace on LB competition, as stated, it is still a competition.
    Last edited by Bunny♥; 01-08-2015 at 09:19 AM.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    The LB reward was a huge failure.
    No way. The leaderboard winners are proud of their vanity!!! They threw down hard even with the understanding the vanity would be a tough sell. This doesn't mean the vanity reward is a failure, it's more indicative to the economy problems in the game and the majority of people simply don't have a ton of gold to buy them now. With the introduction of another set of mythic weapons, that weekend when arcanes flooded the market on double odds weekend, and the high cost of running elite tombs at first, the majority of the player base is simply tapped out.

Again, huge congrats and KUDOS to the LB runners. You guys really deserve these vanities, 4 weeks is a long time for leaderboard.

Fraline just watch and see, both the Halloween and Winter vanity will rise in value once we all recoup a little bit from the current economy woes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

No way. The leaderboard winners are proud of their vanity!!! They threw down hard even with the understanding the vanity would be a tough sell. This doesn't mean the vanity reward is a failure, it's more indicative to the economy problems in the game and the majority of people simply don't have a ton of gold to buy them now. With the introduction of another set of mythic weapons, that weekend when arcanes flooded the market on double odds weekend, and the high cost of running elite tombs at first, the majority of the player base is simply tapped out.

Again, huge congrats and KUDOS to the LB runners. You guys really deserve these vanities, 4 weeks is a long time for leaderboard.

Fraline just watch and see, both the Halloween and Winter vanity will rise in value once we all recoup a little bit from the current economy woes.
    for some its an failur and for some it isnt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I have asked many people if they were ok with what they got. People come into leaderboard competition's knowing that it might not be what they want. Besides, they all saw the vanities before too, so they should have made their decision then. I personally like the Ice Golem vanity because I can brag that I'm a Glacian now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I too look at LB as a fame. Not as a money making contest!!
    A Lb prize is to show off to have fame. To own something unique other non lb runners don't have.
    Ty for explaining this well to other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    To those it was a failure they shouldn't have gone for the LB.
    its not surprising The Lb prize is not giving any profit. The LB vanities, no banners were not kept hidden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

To me the sorc and the rogue vanities are awesome and worth their price! I fell in love with the rogue and spent all my wealth buying it. It's the first true rare vanity that won't be messed with. Halloween has 80+ sets and jester were gifts that will always come recolor. Arlors if enough people complain eventually may come back as they were purchasable for plat. There were only 28 or 29 for rogue sets and since I will never sell mine that's one less off the market! I paid between 30-40.

As for the warrior yetti, it's so butt ugly and troll like that it's not worth more than 15m.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    To those it was a failure they shouldn't have gone for the LB.
    its not surprising The Lb prize is not giving any profit. The LB vanities, no banners were not kept hidden.
    I wasnt meaning anything bad with it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I wasnt meaning anything bad with it...
    Just saying buddy, there was not failure. Everything were announced and shown before. People who liked em gone for them.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

The people running leaderboard knew fully well (1) they would be broke after and (2) the reward is a vanity!

The only failure I see is other people trying to diminish their efforts in running the boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

no banners were not kept hidden.
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-01-11-27-09~01-picsay.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  22.5 KB
    Oh really

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey there guys,

I've cleaned up this thread. Let's keep it friendly and forum appropriate.

As moderators, neither Seoratrek nor I have any information that we can provide at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. To clear things up further, please understand that our inability to comment doesn't imply that there were or are banners.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RDX View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-01-11-27-09~01-picsay.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  22.5 KB
    Oh really
    What does it prove?
    someone must have asked why no banner this time? And that answer had come.

Also if you see LB, you click the position, you can see the reward. So once again, it was not kept hidden that no banner this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

What does it prove?
    someone must have asked why no banner this time? And that answer had come.

Also if you see LB, you click the position, you can see the reward. So once again, it was not kept hidden that no banner this time.
    Lol its ok i m not gonna fight more this cause they have all rights to modify anything without the knowledge of players .i was tempting cuase everytime lb had a banner and they never said no to the banners this time and in gobling event i think there was no banner reward showing in lb and remember there is no lb banner show in lb of ctf tdm haunlet or timed run and ppl who dnt use forums know that there is always a banner for lb.

But thanks to this we have more ppls who say no banners than the ppl who want banner but dnt use forum.

Next time if u run for ctf lb and get no banner in the end of season dnt come on forums cause there r no banner attached in lb as well nor they advertise in game if there will be banners for timed runs.
    Btw m done with this. Theres no point of a solo fight .
    ---peace----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

ok guys, thanks for the feedback but still, my questions are not yet answered.
    As stated, I wanted to see how much the profit goes for those who run to LB and selling their vanity. Its not my concern if most or majority of the lb runners are having fun / not regretting from running the event at all, LOL. Also not my concern if vanities are ugly or what so ever, my thread points on how was it profitable - to those who are selling their vanities.

Hoping those who sold their vanities might reply and not those who are just basing answers from what they observe.
    Thanks.

cute is just my cover