Thread: Dual-spec armor breaking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dual-spec armor breaking.

I have a warbird that I like to use foremost as boss killing support. I love it!

So, what do you think would be the best combo for debuffing bosses, or even strong mobs?

I have been using the Sentinel Shotgun set a lot, but when the going gets a little tougher, I switch to Sentinel Talon/Shield set. I know the Talon gives some armor-breaking proc, and I frankly dislike high DPS, as I hate aggro.

But...I've recently completed the Cyber Rift quest. I dual-spec'd for the added HP, really, but I am not liking to Rift set. It'd probably be better for a full-str setup.
    I also have the dubious honor of owning a Force Cutter of the Rift, which I understand procs a rather astounding -25 armor break.

Just to throw another screwup in there, I also have slicers of death. I figure if they DO proc, it'd be bleed, right?

So, what do ya'll think? A Rift-equipped bird with a Force Cutter could really do some armor damage, or is the mix of armor and the ultra-low DPS not worth it? Anyone tested this?
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OOOOR should I switch to my Guardian armor with a Harpoon?
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

war birds fail completely with new BS gear because of low hit/crit, and using anything other then BS gear in PVP you will get owned. Just respec to full dex, but if you are going to be a warbird put in 127 dex and 127 str, and use full rift set.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    I have a warbird that I like to use foremost as boss killing support. I love it!

So, what do you think would be the best combo for debuffing bosses, or even strong mobs?

I have been using the Sentinel Shotgun set a lot, but when the going gets a little tougher, I switch to Sentinel Talon/Shield set. I know the Talon gives some armor-breaking proc, and I frankly dislike high DPS, as I hate aggro.

But...I've recently completed the Cyber Rift quest. I dual-spec'd for the added HP, really, but I am not liking to Rift set. It'd probably be better for a full-str setup.
    I also have the dubious honor of owning a Force Cutter of the Rift, which I understand procs a rather astounding -25 armor break.

Just to throw another screwup in there, I also have slicers of death. I figure if they DO proc, it'd be bleed, right?

So, what do ya'll think? A Rift-equipped bird with a Force Cutter could really do some armor damage, or is the mix of armor and the ultra-low DPS not worth it? Anyone tested this?
    Which talon has an armor-breaking proc?

If you dislike high DPS, then being a bird may not be the best choice for you. Birds should aim to outdamage all bears and mages, IMO. And the Slicers of Death doesn't have a bleed proc, it has a break armor proc.

Having STR really takes away from your skill damage immensely - I'd recommend to just respec and use a Sentinel Talon/Wing set as this set provides excellent dodge, armor, h/s, m/s as well as decent Crit and Damage without taking away from skill damage as a warbird would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm never going to PvP, so that's not a factor. I've never been a fan of that aspect of MMOs. It's nice to have an antagonist designed to be an enemy to what the majority think is good; PvPing is, in my mind, just a broken analogue of fistfighting.

I was sort of afraid of that possibility of the warbird becoming this way. I'll see what I can do with the BS armors and see if, when I reach 55, I can boost to get one of the other. I seldom take the lead in a group, and when I do it's because I try to have enough m/s to never run out of skill attacks. That's what I've been doing with my bear lately; running around with a Plasma Axe all the time, and as soon as I can afford a Gurgox Hammer, I'll tote that into pretty much every fight.

Void Talon apparently has a -3 armor/+3 to hit proc, from the list in another thread.