Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Winter Event is Over! Thanks for Playing!

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default The Winter Event is Over! Thanks for Playing!

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining us for this year's Winter Event. We had a lot of fun, got a lot of feedback and can't wait to see you in the next one. As of 1:30pm CST Balmy Bay is closed, portals are shut down and NPC's have gone home to their families to warm up. It's cold out there, you know!

If you have leftover seasonal items that can no longer be used, such as recipes, those can now be liquidated for gold*. Remember, energy is universal, so leftover kits and essences will be usable in the next energy event.

Let us know what you thought! What did you like? Dislike? What would you like to see in the next event? We know everyone likes to make their complaints known, but let's try and keep our posts upbeat with at least one positive to each negative.

*Please note: Like year round essences, seasonal crafting ingredients like ice dragon scales do not have a liquidation price.

Example:

Positives:
    1. The bosses were well balances and had cool mechanics.
    2. I liked the new vanities.

Negatives:
    • It was too hard to get on the leaderboard.
    • My sorcerer's foot nubs got cold.
    Last edited by Remiem; 01-09-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

1: The bosses didn't give a lot of points so much more grind than last winter event and a lot more gold waste since there is the use of "energy" to actually run the event.

2. Vanities were horrible, worst I've seen so far.

3. Unoriginal pets to get, mostly all were re colored and even considered "new."

4. Off topic but.... No Sorcerer buff yet, the one we got was a "buff"???? Hmm ._.......

5. Same ol thing from other events, nothing new. Same old bland thing.
    Positives:
    1. The eye of Syllirax can be looted!

2. No more positives, the event was horrid and how is it even considered the name of an "event"?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spellcheck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

wait..was it an event?
    no gain prices fall immidiately.
    it was a recycle of older breezaga and deer egg
    vanities bad..only good thing could be tarlok and eyes..eyes will sure
    be need some additions but it works at least
    we need more things to apply our tokens better stuff NO RECYCLES PLEASE
    its the worst event in al history,,ive played all,,,
    Last edited by Hadec; 01-09-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I would love to see some possibility to win extra items also for working people who simply can't run 12 hours a day.

I don't like that in the moment when the event begins, I know that I can bring 1-2 toons to plat tier, 3 to gold maybe and that's it. No chance to get any of the extra items.

In general, I would like to see events/expansions that give also quality a chance and not only sheer quantity like it is the case now - during event, but in Tombs (2) as well.

Elite farming besides Tombs is practically dead, only hard-core elite runners (like our guild) or timed runners wage into elite realms. It's a pity, because the game has many fabulously designed maps and bosses. For example, my beloved Overgrowth, but also good old Frostir.

Oh yes I forgot - there's an arena with arcane rarity of recipe drop.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Positives:
    1. Love new vanities,new items and new banner
    2. Balance in boss
    3. Next event please add more new emote

Negatives :
    1. Lag ,dc everytime
    2. Crafting energy 1hours, i wish 10minutes
    3. Low Drop rate from boss
    sorry my englsh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Positives -
    1. Eye and pet could be looted.

2. Bosses were well balanced.

3. Pets could be crafted, thats cool.

4. New vanities were well designed. But if you want to give us recoloured items for future events, atleast give us what we want. We wanted Arlors recoloured. And we got Ice Queen and Santa suits. That ice queen gown just got recycled for the 3rd time.

Negatives

1. Lots of crafting to do and very limited crafting slots. Forged Energy should be stashable to be used by other characters. I suggest we should be allowed to use our own crafted energy for our other characters. Ok non-tradable is fine but I dont see why it is not stashable.

2. While energy dropped too less, scales dropped too often. Regular essences dropped very rarely too.

3. Boss bugs. For example I wasted energy several times when 5th boss glitched and did not drop loot.

4. Dc and energy gets wasted. We could have had atleast 3 minutes to relog back into event map if we dc.

It was an enjoyable event but still there is room for improvement.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 01-09-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The event was a flop IMO.

1. Nothing worth spending tokens on for vet players. All old recolored vanities and 2013 pets.

2. Brining in a THIRD set of mythic weapons... Just boggles my mind.

3. Energy being changed to 4 hours crafting time when we had 3 event gems, event lockeds and 3 normal gems to craft with only five slots.

4. Regular essence drops (fire, glacial and blood) were extremely low.

5. Essences over taking inventory spots even with 500 slots it was still mass removal of scales.

6. Plat tier prize was just meh.

7. Points for tiers were way too high and when the end result was a mediocre gem, at best it just felt like a waste of time.

The only positive I can think of was no one-hit bosses. That was a big step up!
    Last edited by Raregem; 01-09-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Positives...I liked the lb vanities except for the yeti for warrior...

Negatives...here we go
    -I don't have a problem with an event being 4 weeks long if it is profitable but with this event there was no real profit to be gained except from whim which was a rare drop. Almost everything was recolored or recycled and money was hard to come buy unless u popped thousands of crates.
    -I ran the lb alot and killed Syrillax well over 1000 times and he DROPPED 1 EYE!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!! I understand that it's a rare item and thus the chance shouldn't be that high but come on really? 1000 + syri kills and only that many...it's friggin ridiculous....
    -The plat sale would have been great if it was for a normal time period but my God it lasted forever. I buy plat when the mood strikes me because I know how to spend it to make a profit but when everyone has a supply of cheap plat for like 2 weeks it makes it hard to make any profit.
    -The lb prize for 4 weeks should have been something a bit more worth while. Regardless of what others think I think a game changing pet as a reward for busting ur butt for so long is highly appropriate...not a vanity thst is super rare that I still can't even sell and help balance my losses from the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Positives :
    1. very fun for me its was my first winter event in game
    2. only the rogue vanity was a bit nice but it needed some more things
    Negatives :
    1. mage vanity was worst
    2. tarloks meteorite attack was so annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

alrighty 1st i would like to start with the bad...

1st. when posts from devs saying theres awesomeness in an event..i would love to see new items..not the same items recolored (speaking of token rewards, bosses and enemies). or pretty much the whole event.

2nd an event as long as winter needs to have more stuff..i mean way more. I ran 3 characters daily and it seemed..there was only 3 options..the 2 daily missions..and of course the event itself that used energy. I wanted more missions..and more ways to obtain tokens, because my twinks are the ones that suffered the most. Many people would drop out in the middle of the event map not even to face the boss. im speaking of lv's 18-21

3rd if mobs at lv41 are a breeze to kill (no pun intended) why do lower characters have to get the short end of the stick. maybe a seperate LB for those low levels so prizes cant be unbalanced by a twink. meaning 40-41 to players have there own stuff to run for..while lower players have there own lb goals...it may sound complicated..but if lb prizes and people who run the maps shouldn't matter in level..but those who have capped or close to capping should have the advantage because they stuck with the game longer.

4th crafting energy should be stashable..on the same email account..i see why not since everything else in game can be moved around (gems, armors, gold..just not potions and other types of currency like tokens, dragon teeth ect...). (people with only 1 email account)

5th I hate that I couldn't buy armors and items on one character (meaning a mage can buy all other sets/items for other classes)...this made farming and playing on twinks that much harder. which relates to the 2nd point

6th LB prizes were something that didn't say..come get me...those vanities should have been for plat tier..and those gems more of a gold reward...well IMO anyway since i don't pvp. LB stuff needs to be reworked..because the prizes don't fit the effort put in. LB reward--->500---1000 plat, some stashable elixirs..and maybe all event pets..and vanities...maybe throw in some gold while you at it...thats something the top 25 would really enjoy. or 25-50 unlocked grand chests..theres many items that could be given as a reward..but only one vanity set...i see why it was not that big of a fuss like halloween event.

now with the good stuff..not alot..but wish i had more to say.

1st farming essences was fun..on a capped player that is. and much more energy to be gathered, so it was nice

2nd i did feel the x-mas spirit in the regular towns..but the event needed tweeking a bit

3rd glad to see some pets returned..and even a frist (even if its recolored it looks great)

4th the town for the event was nice, looked good

5th playing as a lv 41 character..reaching plat is doable in that amount of time.

6th that frozen imp was nice..i always killed that sucker for my 1 token.

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey Epic,

Unfortunately, to preserve the exclusivity we won't be allowing event items, including the syrillax gem, after the event. However, your dragon scales will be able to be liquidated for gold, as well as any leftover syrillax eyes.
    with this post...something needs to change...this is how we the community get mixed up.....so please edit that post, because right now theres conflict in these two posts you did remi. Now show I hold them or liquidate them?!?!
    Last edited by octavos; 01-09-2015 at 06:41 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Positive & negatinve

Whim and the other pet is back, new pet but recolour

New vanity, but recolour

plat tier point way to high to reached from gold tier

Eye never drop for me, more than 100 fight syrillax- nvm

new armor set is nice

No new ring for lvl 10 and below, what happened?u forgot to put in loottable?should done this on test server

boss not properly scale for low lvl,should be done this on test server before event goes live

Server, connection problem at the beginning, now more stable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

NEGATIVE :1. there wasn't much useful items for tekns
    2. in LB was rewarded only 25/50 ppl and vanities wasn't much nice (I was thinking about some banner or something like that )
    3. useless reward for plat tier
    4.it was Christmas event,there should be some amazing rewards
    5. i rly HATE that u r added some items from last year event to this event for example : whim ,prance,breezaga and banner ....items lost theyr price or rareplace in game
    POSITIVE: 1. nice to play something new then just pvp,tombs or farm...
    2. funy bosses ,rly cool effekts and stuff like that.....animator's good job
    3. rly nice to see Tarlok again,it's kind a memorial
    4. well balanced bosses

best event was elon event....lot of fun,lot of cool stuff for tokens ,amazing LB rewards (sns was little bit OP)

....I would like to see easter event ^0^

Anyway thx for event probably it was event maked rly fast ,it was rly close to halloween (halloween was perfect at all! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Positive:

The Frost Fiend was excellent.

Negative:

• I ran for an entire month and did not loot a single eye. The drop rate was stupidly low. That month of runs included 3 characters to platinum tier along with other toons run also.

• The result of the above means the reward for plat tier was a single gem and an unusable item. Even after the "buff" of the eye, it was in no way worth the time, effort and cost.

• The cost to craft the eye even if you looted one was totally out of proportion, including an item costing 10 platinum.

• The severe decrease in normal essence drops meant that fair players had little chance to make gems unless they were unemployed and able to run tombs a minimum of 6 hours per day.

• Ursume crates had nothing noteworthy in them, making them practically valueless. The only reason they had any value at all was because of Whim, and not many could afford the amount of plat necessary to obtain one.

• Greater Ice Chests had absolutely nothing in them. What was the point in even having them?

Overall the event was extremely disappointing, overly time-consuming, totally overpriced and a terrible waste of time for no reward.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You guys knew what you were running for nobody forced you to run the event
    Positives
    It was my first event so farming energys was cool
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    ― dr.seuss
    SL retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Positives:
    1. The bosses were well balance and had cool mechanics, yes I 100% agree with that. I still remember about syrilax fly, gone call the mobs and bump come full the hero was awesome.
    2. The gears are nice. +10 primary stats make this gears excellent and more better .
    3. Thanks for the pet (yowie). Its so great reward as gold tiers. Nice stats.
    4.finally thanks for the banner.

Negatives:
    1. Point and token too little obtain from bosses.
    2. No profite in event, 1500 tokens only worth 150k tokens if change with breezaga+permafrost vanity. Since event too long and item flooded. Very dissapointment collect 1500 tokens only worth 150K. 1500 tokens so hard to obtain anyway.
    3.recollour always bad idea. (Vanity and new mhytic weapon)
    4.items vendor too expensive. 165 token for tarlok recipe and 50 token for ice chest very annoying. We are free player wanna get good items too!. Since boss drop token too little. Bet me, no body wasting them token for craft greater chest. And also bad idea put frist recipes in greater chest.
    5. Pls back 2hrs cooldown for craft energy essence!
    6. No banner LB. Ofcourse, u makin them jealous with event before.
    7. Bad PUG random party, and the hell mobs in lvl20-29 dont fixed.
    8. Bad idea for frozen gear since already had frigid that has better stats.
    9. Essences drop ratio in arlor during event. Rare for reguler esence (blood, fire, glacial) , common for energy esnce, and uncommon for ice scale esence need fix it.

Sorry if to long. Just giving my feedback. Cheers
    Thanks.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Positives
    1. Eye of Syrillax gem is lootable, craftable, tradeable and have a nice gem icon.
    2. Yowie an additional pet that is not re-colored.
    3. Balance bosses.
    4. Frist an additional pet that even if re-colored is ok because of crafting element involved.
    5. As expected, return of old time fav pets. Now thos new players can get old pets like Breezaga, Snowball, Prance and Snowy.
    6. Thanks for not having a trophy pet as LB prize.
    7. Snowflakes falling on towns are refreshing and the Chrismas decors.

Negatives
    1. An event that have only one forum contest.
    2. Too many re-colored stuffs.
    3. Farmed Syrillax boss for the whole event but never got an Eye of Syrillax drop.
    4. Too much crafting with only limited crafting slots.
    5. Too expensive token vendors, if you got under 50 tokens left (49 for example) you can't buy anything.
    6. 4 hours energy crafting. Please return the 2hours crafting time.
    7. No mythic on token vendors, Grimm was given last halloween.
    8. You gave new legendary helm, armor, ring and amulet but still no legendary weapon (Tarlok event have weapons).
    9. It was fun until reaching the Gold tier. The plat tier points is too high for a casual player (those who can't farm all day) unlike the Halloween event.
    10. Also the Paracelsus gem is much anticipated than the Syrillax gem so no motivation to go for plat tier.

-Still overall successfull event congrats! But we know you guys can do better
    Last edited by kinzmet; 01-09-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Positive:

The Frost Fiend was excellent.

Negative:

• I ran for an entire month and did not loot a single eye. The drop rate was stupidly low. That month of runs included 3 characters to platinum tier along with other toons run also.

• The result of the above means the reward for plat tier was a single gem and an unusable item. Even after the "buff" of the eye, it was in no way worth the time, effort and cost.

• The cost to craft the eye even if you looted one was totally out of proportion, including an item costing 10 platinum.

• The severe decrease in normal essence drops meant that fair players had little chance to make gems unless they were unemployed and able to run tombs a minimum of 6 hours per day.

• Ursume crates had nothing noteworthy in them, making them practically valueless. The only reason they had any value at all was because of Whim, and not many could afford the amount of plat necessary to obtain one.

• Greater Ice Chests had absolutely nothing in them. What was the point in even having them?

Overall the event was extremely disappointing, overly time-consuming, totally overpriced and a terrible waste of time for no reward.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Positives:
    1. Bosses were balanced. Not much one-shooting/op health/op armour. Please do not mistake this for them being too easy! In PUGs I still saw 2-3 people die on the pull attack of Syri
    2. The eye or Syri was lootable.
    3. The greater Ice Chests could be rerolled into Usume chests, which was a nice way to make some additional gold while running
    4. Bringing back the very good tarlok gems was great.
    5. The fact that the Ice fiend dropped one token was cool
    6. Energy essences dropped at an acceptable rate. I personally did not mind the 4 hours it took to craft them, which was still better than having to farm them forever.

Negatives:
    1. Token gain was very low. The time to reward ratio was pretty bad.
    2. Event points ratio was very low. After reaching gold tier I ran only with plat tier players and yet i needed about 130 runs to get to plat tier. Many players do not have friends, who run the lb or are not in a top guild. Wonder how many runs they needed? I do realize this was designed like this because the event was 4 weeks long, but the combination of low token and low event points gain made it so that one had to play for a long time with no perceived reward.
    3. Ice scales drop rate was way too high. I had to liquidate 500+ of those, because the clogged my inventory, while i never seemed to find enough regular essences.
    4. The drop-rate of regular essences was very low as compared to the drop-rate of ice scales. Although after running some wt4 during the cool down, it seems that the regular essences just do not drop much in general.
    5. Token vendor... Well I will just say that I did keep anything he got to offer for myself. All i bought with tokens was sold. The vanities were not very impressive and pets were, well just not very useful for my mage and rogue.
    6. Eye of Syrillax drop-rate was definitely abysmal. Between my mage and my rogue I had a total of about 23000 event points and had killed Syri 250 times. I those 250 times i looted one single eye and saw only ONE other being looted by someone in my pt. I do understand that it had to be rare, but this seems just a bit too much.
    7. Enchanted Eye of Syrillax stats. Those would be great and could actually make a big difference, if a player could afford to/had looted 5+, preferably 8+, eyes. However considering the abysmal drop-rate of the eye, the fact that you only received one for reaching plat tier and its current price, a reasonable number of eyes is not achievable for the mid-class player, let alone the new/relatively new player.
    8. Prance recipe: not trade-able and yet I never looted one, nor did any of the people who I ran with. One of those finished in the top ten lb of one of the classes.
    9. Never looted anything better than the 5k gold from the Greater Ice chest. Not even a single bad legendary.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Negatives:

1) Terribly long to get to plat tier. Bosses gave too few points.
    2) Energy should not have had a 4 hour crafting period.
    3) Pretty much everything was a recolor, pets, vanities, and syrillax.
    4) Lack of significant amount of new content.
    5) Token items coated way too much in terms of tokens.
    6) Blood, Fire and Glacial essences were dropping at an abyssmally low rate and Ice Scales were flooding our inventories.
    7) Eye of syrillax drop rate too rare and the crafting ingredients required were ridiculous.
    8) Zero worthwhile loot from greater ice chests.
    9) No leaderboard banner.
    10) Too many bugs during the course of the event.

Positives:
    None that I can think of ATM.

All in all, I found this event to be a complete disappointment. By far the worst event I have played in any RPG. Honestly, I would have preferred a 3 or even 2 week long event with original content, less bugs and a better experience. You guys rushed into the event and did not even take many of the suggestions we made in the test server.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 01-09-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Positives:
    . I enjoyed the way the energy system is implemented.

. Energy and Ice Dragon Scales I felt had a excellent drop rate. (Can't say the same for Glacial, Blood or fire essence)

. The frost fiend was a great idea and it's spawn rate was awesome. When your out of energy and are waiting for more to finish crafting, it's helpful to have that little guy around to get tokens from well farming for more energy essence.

. Enemies were well balanced and fun to fight.

. Yowie is a great gold tier prize

Negatives:
    . My biggest negative about the event was the Leaderboards. For the majority of the event I farmed and crafted energy. Since this was my first experience with an energy based event I initially thought farming and crafting energy was the way to get on the LB. That was until I saw that you could use platinum to purchase energy in which time I gave up all hope in having an equal chance at being in the top 25 of the leaderboards.
    Unlike any other leaderboard in AL (that I'm aware of) this one is the only one you basically can/have to pay plat to get a spot on and stay atop the leaderboard for. I find this to be unfair to those who don't have much money to spend on platinum, such as myself. Framing, crafting energy, and waiting four hours in between each batch left me with no chance against those spending real money.

. Crafting was a big annoyance, or having only 5 slots I should say. Having to craft energy, tarlok gems and then upgrading my gear with only 5 slots was a bit much. I really hope you plan to increase the number of crafting and upgrading slots before any future event.

. I felt that that the token rewards were lack luster over-all. Not much of profit was there to be made either.

. Having reached platinum in the first week I thought I would have had a chance at the Eye of Syrillax as a drop at least one or two times. Unfortunately after 130+ plus times taking down the dragon not once did I ever get the eye as a drop. I understand it's meant to be rare, but maybe it was a little to rare? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky (lol).

As an AL player returning from a long break this was my first experience with an energy based event. Over-all I have to say I enjoyed it, with the main exception being the unfairness of the Leaderboard.
    Last edited by Vediovis; 01-10-2015 at 01:29 AM.