Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVE and PVP Bear Guide FOR END GAME! LEVEL 55

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default PVE and PVP Bear Guide FOR END GAME! LEVEL 55

Ok, so... You want a guide to make a build that is great for PVE and PVP? You have come to the right place.

THE SKILLS:

At Level 55, You should have ALL the skills unlocked. NOW, You want a build for 55-56.

This is your recommended gear set up:
    HELM:Overlord's Helmet of Rift or Crown of Persistance (Dex Version)

PLATEBODY:Fury Fighter's Platebody

WEAPON:Rooter's Gem Sword (Or Rooter's Battle Axe)

SHIELD: Fury Fighter's Shield

The ring? You have a few choices. You want a ring with either some regen or hit percent.

ATTRIBUTE POINTS:
    You want to do MINIMUM strength required and pump the REST into dexterity

If you want to know how to get the absolute minimum strength required, please check out ellyidol's guide on how to duel spec. It is located in his signature! Here it is: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Spec-Guide-(55).
    SKILLS:
    Rage: You want this maxed

Iron Blood: You can have this maxed but it is not needed (You will require dodge more)

Evade: Max out this skill

Taunt: Max out this skill. Even though +8 Dodge doesn't seem like much. Taunt stacks dodge TWICE when you spam it as soon as it is off cooldown. This means that the +8 dodge that you get turns into +16 Dodge. Combine this with the Fury Fighter's Gear and your dodge rating will be off the Charts!

Crushing Blow: You want this at 4 or higher. Preferably 5. It does an undocumented armor reduction.

Hell Scream: 4 or higher. Preferably 5. It also does an undocumented armor reduction. You can combine this skill with the weakness skill or nightmare skill of an elf to create the TERROR combo! It also stuns! Very useful

Stomp: You want stomp at 3. The AOE effect of stomp does not increase past 3, as far as I am aware

Beckon: You want this MAXED. When used in conjunction with stomp, it will create the "SMASH" COMBO.

Restore: NONE. This skill is not required. It heals very little, it will not save you if you are about to die.

Super Mega Slash: ESSENTIAL SKILL! You want to put a very high amount of points into this.It does the most damage out of all slashes AND it has a 100 percent knockback, although it is undocumented. Use this skill with STOMP+ SMS to send your opponents flying. (Must be done in quick succession). Using that combo is very useful from pinning your enemies.

Crippling Slash: This "Roots" The target for a good 5-7 seconds

Vengeful Slash: This slash is great for putting out burst DPS, it recharges VERY fast and has a chance at knockback. It is the second highest damage slash. Very useful to put points in.

Now... For PVE it is useful to have a length combo to keep them stunned but you will not see much difference VS the PVP style

PVP STYLE: You want to keep a short, simple, and STRONG combo. Something like Beckon, Crushing Blow, Stomp, SMS, then Hellscream works GREAT.
    You must buff first. (Your buffs are Evade, Taunt, Rage, and Iron Blood).

DODGE: This stat is more important then armor IMO as you totally negate the attack as opposed to armor which only reduces the attack.
    You want to keep this stat very high. I HIGHLY reccomend you max TAUNT and EVADE as a Priority

Now that I have bored you with all this useful but boring information. Here is a skill build that should be very Useful at end level.

RAGE: 6

TAUNT: 6

EVADE: 6

BECKON: 6

IRON BLOOD: 6

CRUSHING BLOW: 6

HELL SCREAM: 5 (6 if you are level 56)

STOMP: 3

SMS: 6

CRIPPLING: 2

VENGEFUL: 2

The way to use this build in PVE?

Try and gather the bosses and mobs into a corner by TAUNTING first and then using BECKON to pull them into a corner\

Then unleash your DEBUFFS (Hell Scream and Crushing Blow) Use crushing blow first as it reduces dodge rate, then hell scream.

Run Around the Boss and STOMP+SMS him back into the wall. Keep him stunned using CRIPPLING and VENGEFUL Slash

Repeat this process

FOR PVP:
    As I have mentioned before, you need a short powerful combo

Try something like this: BUFF FIRST! THIS IS VITAL! Beckon, Crushing Blow, Stomp, SMS, Hell Scream. If they are still in range, throw in that crippling and Vengeful Slash
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-28-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great guide i needed this so tired of trying different ways to use my skill outputage lol.
    http://www.plinc.webs.com
    Join us. Conquer all. Simple.
    Naptownblunt-level56 dex bear. Impoorlol-level43 nuker.Xigetpinksx-level25 pure tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naptownblunt View Post
    Great guide i needed this so tired of trying different ways to use my skill outputage lol.
    No problem! Developer's probably won't like me very much . I'm saving people respecs. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive respeced 17 times so far trying to figure out which out put to use thanks to ely helping build my bear and you helping what skills to use first for best output im finaly finished thank you lol. Devs shouldent be mad they should have done this so plat could be spent on more vanity items, other then messing up stats and having to redo them.
    http://www.plinc.webs.com
    Join us. Conquer all. Simple.
    Naptownblunt-level56 dex bear. Impoorlol-level43 nuker.Xigetpinksx-level25 pure tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, just wanted to say hi to everyone, I've been a long time lurker, just haven't registered.

Definitely a great guide, but just thought I would mention that SMS has a chance to stun, not knock-back. Vengeful has the chance to knock-back. I gotta say (as a bear tank) with other bears in the group, it's annoying when you work to pin a boss in the corner or wall and another bear stomps and then Vengeful slashes that boss clear across the room, or have the same mob targeted and all of a sudden that mob flies off causing you to chase him. Although used correctly, I suppose Vengeful is just fine to use, like if they are all pinned.

Personally, instead of putting anything in to Vengeful or Crippling slash, I would suggest putting the points in to Restore (even though the initial heal is practically worthless). Reason being the added +5 to health regen helps your health not go down quite as quickly during boss fights. If you're going for all out damage, I would use SMS and Crippling, that way at least the running mobs/bosses (healers/archers) won't be able to move.

This is just my opinion though, everyone has different play styles. Thanks for the work putting this together, I'm sure it'll help a lot of people out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

SMS does have an undocumented 100 perecent knockback chance. Try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, SMS is the only slash I use (all the time), are you sure you're not confused with something else? I've never seen SMS knock-back, only vengeful and stomp. I have seen people that have points in all slashes run them together real fast so it might look like it, but SMS by itself has never knocked back, at least for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oewaden View Post
    Hmm, SMS is the only slash I use (all the time), are you sure you're not confused with something else? I've never seen SMS knock-back, only vengeful and stomp. I have seen people that have points in all slashes run them together real fast so it might look like it, but SMS by itself has never knocked back, at least for me.
    Test it in PvP and let me know again . That's where you test out everything to find the hidden secrets about skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Test it in PvP and let me know again . That's where you test out everything to find the hidden secrets about skills.
    Ah, I've never pvp'd in this game before, but is it common for skills to act differently in PvP than PvE? I just jumped in a (PvE) game and SMS'd every mob I came across and it didn't knock any of them back. I'll definitely try to get in a PvP match and try it there to see if it acts differently.

Not trying to be hard headed or anything, just curious how it's knocking back for you and not for me I'll let you know after I test.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ah, I've never pvp'd in this game before, but is it common for skills to act differently in PvP than PvE? I just jumped in a (PvE) game and SMS'd every mob I came across and it didn't knock any of them back. I'll definitely try to get in a PvP match and try it there to see if it acts differently.

Not trying to be hard headed or anything, just curious how it's knocking back for you and not for me I'll let you know after I test.
    The size of the boss matters. If you combine many SMS's with your teammates, you will find that it will knockback. The rule of physics apply in this game, to a general extent. If the boss is too big to knockback. It won't happen. But when combined with enough team member's it will happen. That is why you see that a single archer is never able to root the Boss, USUALLY. But... When combined with many archers, the boss is able to get rooted/stunned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The size of the boss matters. If you combine many SMS's with your teammates, you will find that it will knockback. The rule of physics apply in this game, to a general extent. If the boss is too big to knockback. It won't happen. But when combined with enough team member's it will happen. That is why you see that a single archer is never able to root the Boss, USUALLY. But... When combined with many archers, the boss is able to get rooted/stunned.
    I can understand that, but that doesn't necessarily explain why no "regular" mob in the CTK map I jut solo'd why none of those were knocked back.

Again, I'm not trying to be argumentative, please don't take it that way, I just want to make sure everyone understands the skills as they work, undocumented or documented, myself included. I'm going to try to jump in a PvP match and see if it acts differently there, but I'm not seeing any knock backs at all in PvE on regular mobs with SMS.

Any other bears out there that can confirm/deny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I can understand that, but that doesn't necessarily explain why no "regular" mob in the CTK map I jut solo'd why none of those were knocked back.

Again, I'm not trying to be argumentative, please don't take it that way, I just want to make sure everyone understands the skills as they work, undocumented or documented, myself included. I'm going to try to jump in a PvP match and see if it acts differently there, but I'm not seeing any knock backs at all in PvE on regular mobs with SMS.

Any other bears out there that can confirm/deny?
    Let me check that for you and let you know again. I realize you aren't arguing with me . I am just extremely confident that it does indeed have a knockback.

EDIT: Yup, just checked. It indeed has a knockback. Are you sure you are using the right slash? They all look very similar .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I can confirm that SMS has a 100% knockback.

It even works better than Vengeful, IMO.

Vengeful only has a chance of knockback, and from what I've noticed, when it does, its only a short one. It could be because my SMS is 5 and Vengeful is 1 though.

But definitely, SMS has knockback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let me check that for you and let you know again. I realize you aren't arguing with me . I am just extremely confident that it does indeed have a knockback.

EDIT: Yup, just checked. It indeed has a knockback. Are you sure you are using the right slash? They all look very similar .
    Ok, this is weird, I just got in a PvP match, tried it twice and it just stunned, it didn't knock back. I double checked that I'm only using SMS (only one I have points in). I don't have an explanation?

Actually, now that I think about it, when I hit the bird, he barely moved back an inch from the hit, is that the knock back your speaking of? The knock back I was talking about is more drastic or an actual knock back taking the "mob" out of melee range, like the knock back from vengeful or a stomp. My apologies for my misunderstanding if that is the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

What level is your SMS?

That was the case with mine, my level 1 Vengeful had a very slight knocback only, while a level 5 SMS had a noticeable one.

PS: Don't mean to take over your thread Parth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    What level is your SMS?

That was the case with mine, my level 1 Vengeful had a very slight knocback only, while a level 5 SMS had a noticeable one.

PS: Don't mean to take over your thread Parth
    SMS is level 5, I'll screenshot my skills page for confirmation. I'm just at a loss as to why I'm not seeing it? Just to double check, are you talking about the same type knock back that stomp does? I use SMS on those pesky mobs that like to run and it stops them in their tracks, I've never had to chase after them like after a stomp.

Thank both of you for the info though, I PM'd a dev to see if something is going on or if there is a reason I'm not seeing that effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

SMS is level 5, I'll screenshot my skills page for confirmation. I'm just at a loss as to why I'm not seeing it? Just to double check, are you talking about the same type knock back that stomp does? I use SMS on those pesky mobs that like to run and it stops them in their tracks, I've never had to chase after them like after a stomp.

Thank both of you for the info though, I PM'd a dev to see if something is going on or if there is a reason I'm not seeing that effect.
    It has a slight knockback as I stated. Very little, BUT when combined with stomp (Stomp+SMS) It becomes a HUGE knockback. That's the knockback I'm talking about . It looks like you basically just did a "Hulk Smash"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has a slight knockback as I stated. Very little, BUT when combined with stomp (Stomp+SMS) It becomes a HUGE knockback. That's the knockback I'm talking about . It looks like you basically just did a "Hulk Smash"
    I apologize for the misunderstanding, you are right, when I read you wrote knock back, I assumed you meant in the same sense as the type of knock back that stomp or vengeful does. I did notice a slight knock back type effect when I hit the bird in PvP, but attributed it to his character changing to the "stunned" emote, same with PvE.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with that being a "knock back" in the same sense as stomp or vengeful, but do see the slight push back that happens when hit. Perhaps there is a "bug" so that when that small knock back happens and you stomp quickly, it sends them flying, I've never tried, I always beckon to corner, stomp, and then clean up the straglers afterwards.

Thanks for the info though, it is all much appreciated! And like I mentioned, this is a great guide for bears, thanks for the time you spent putting it together!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just went back and re-read what you wrote in the guide and you totally mentioned that in the first place (usin SMS together with stomp). It doesn't look like you implied that it had an actual knock back by itself, but to use with stomp, lol.

Sorry!! Don't mind me, lol, I totally need to work on my comprehension skills!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is your recommended gear set up:
    HELM:Overlord's Helmet of Rift or Crown of Persistance (Dex Version)

PLATEBODY:Fury Fighter's Platebody

WEAPON:Rooter's Gem Sword (Or Rooter's Battle Axe)

SHIELD: Fury Fighter's Shield
    Why Overlord's Helmet of the Rift and Rooter's weapon instead of Fury Fighter's Set?

Great guide, thank you!
    Star Legends: Addicted, AddictedTank, AddictedEngi | Pocket Legends: AddictedElf, AddictedBird, AddictedBear | Arcane Legends: AddictedMage, AddictedRogue, AddictedTank