Thread: Investing on Current Items and Expecting Upcoming Items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Investing on Current Items and Expecting Upcoming Items

So I am currently using the Shadow sets for their bonus. I see the current pinks from the sewers demanding such high prices. What I am worried about is that I'm no rich player when it comes to PL currency. The money I have right now and when I sell my shadow gear is just enough to buy me a raid set.

Is there any news whether these mega/raid/fury are the end sets for level 55? I see there's sewer king weapons already and my doubts have spiked up even more. Thinking the sewer king is the end set after all. If that happens, the mega/raid/fury sets will be like the djinn sets we've experienced in AO.

So any hints whether the current pinks having no bonuses aren't the real top notch sets from the sewers?
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I hope devs will confirm too, but I really doubt it.

What makes me think there's a further elite set is that the current pinks scale from 51-55, which Rift Void Cosmos didn't have. And like you said, the introduction of new title weapons. (Though in the patch notes it said expect more new weapons, and didn't really say anything about armours).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jlacosta View Post
    So I am currently using the Shadow sets for their bonus. I see the current pinks from the sewers demanding such high prices. What I am worried about is that I'm no rich player when it comes to PL currency. The money I have right now and when I sell my shadow gear is just enough to buy me a raid set.

Is there any news whether these mega/raid/fury are the end sets for level 55? I see there's sewer king weapons already and my doubts have spiked up even more. Thinking the sewer king is the end set after all. If that happens, the mega/raid/fury sets will be like the djinn sets we've experienced in AO.

So any hints whether the current pinks having no bonuses aren't the real top notch sets from the sewers?
    My thoughts are exactly… I am not rich at all and will all the money I have I might get 3 out of 4 pieces of mega gear… I’m currently using all shadow gear (wand) and I think that’s enough… I use to be one of those that HAS to have the newest and most updated gear but I looked into CS and even a level 51 mega staff you are looking at north of 350K+, I mean that’s just plain stupid… Im figuring that if I don’t get the drop then I don’t get it….

I have been playing long enough to be able to stay alive in any of the BS instances. If I am lucky enough to get a pink that is not mega then I will just sell it… but I will not risk buying a robe for 450K+ just to find out later its selling for 100K.

My advice, don’t waste your money.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I missed out a point about crafting as well. I looted a talon and a wing from the pitz. I already have the green components but no recipes yet. I am assuming when the sewer king weapons came out, there would be no doubt that crafting would be applicable on these items when a new patch arrives. I don't want to wait for days before I get the components these pinks again.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

You guys are rich if you can afford 3-4 pieces lol. I wish I could afford mega Mage stuff but pots have completely depleted my gear spending funds. And I'm not even 55 yet. My only hope is to loot them, but we know how that goes lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Note that cap level only, top tier item were basically unique to AO3, and many things about AO3 were unique. I see no reason to believe that BS has to work the same way. Even the new sewer king, queen, etc. gear can be 51 to 55. AO3 was the final chapter in an epic trilogy of campaigns that was many months in the making. BS may just be back to business as usual where pinks are just pinks. Personally I think we may see more new gear with stat variations but I don't believe we'll see anything that's flat out "better" than the current pinks until/unless an elite map set or campaign like the shadow caves or frozen nightmares comes out. This is all speculation of course but I think people are tending to much to look at the previous campaign as the template for all campaigns when, more than anything, it was an exception in many ways.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Whenever I consider buying a high priced item, I always go back to my personal philosophy:

"There will always be a better item."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Pinks are rarer drops in BS, and even the oranges are better than the AO3 gear, so I am looking at what fun can be had with green and purple, too. Not in a hurry to collect any gear until my budget says I can afford it, or if it drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@Snake: +1 on that. Even for ppl who don't have pinks for their class in 51+, the orange / green sets or mixes work really well.
    I've been using sewer equip. and never went back to my 50 sets.

OT: I'm hoping for an elite 55+ dungeon/campaign in the future, with elite sets/drops. Something like VL mixed with shadow.
    IGN: adwinp

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adwin View Post
    @Snake: +1 on that. Even for ppl who don't have pinks for their class in 51+, the orange / green sets or mixes work really well.
    I've been using sewer equip. and never went back to my 50 sets.

OT: I'm hoping for an elite 55+ dungeon/campaign in the future, with elite sets/drops. Something like VL mixed with shadow.
    Plus quests to collect 1000 melts and fireballs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hoping that they add a set bonus to the current level 55 pink gear or make the set bonus only for the crafted level 55 pinks. That would be the only way to justify crafting as it is currently defined.

-Rav
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Ravenous is a bad *** mofo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
    I'm hoping that they add a set bonus to the current level 55 pink gear or make the set bonus only for the crafted level 55 pinks. That would be the only way to justify crafting as it is currently defined.
    -Rav
    I had the impression that crafted items already has the bonus stats added. It does however makes sense now when devs say elite gear. But nonetheless, I expect bonus even on the plain pinks from the sewers at this point.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends