Thread: new to pvp rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default new to pvp rogue

hello! as title says, what are the best builds, pets, and gears as L14 rogue? TIA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Level 15 gear set
    Weapon: Lurid Bow of Brutality / Devourer bow of Potency
    Helmet: Ancient Druid Helm of Potency
    Armor: Ancient Druid Doublet of Potency
    Ring: Power Ring of Brutality or Night Ocean ring of Warfare (Dexterity type)
    Amulet: Eerie Necklace of Potency (Dexterity type) or Tarlok Heart of Potency (Dexterity type)

We don't usually reveal our real skill builds, so I'll just tell you the generic build.
    This is a level 16 build, change some of it to suit your play style.

Stat
    All to Dexterity.

3-Skill build
    This uses only 3 skills for better passives and faster skill rotations and lesser mana use. Most effective when using daggers (Devpraved Blades of Potency).
    Shadow Piercer (2/5) - With Shadow Absorption upgrade (75% chance to heal).
    Aimed Shot (5/5) - All upgrades.
    Combat Medic (4/5) - Don't get the Trauma Surgeon (Self-heal for caster).
    Agility (4/5) - For more damage and health. A +20 DEX

This build is straightforward. Charge Aimed Shot followed by Shadow Piercer tap. While the 2 skills are cooldown, use normal attacks. Dagger's DPS is great in this strategy.

This build is straightforward. Charge Aimed Shot followed by Shadow Piercer tap. While the 2 skills are cooldown, use normal attacks. Dagger's DPS is great in this strategy.

4-Skill build
    Uses 3 attack skills, the highiest damage burst in an instant is using this combo Aimed Shot+Noxious Bolt+Shadow Piercer. But there are dos/donts involving this build and have a high mana consumption.
    Shadow Piercer (1/5)
    Aimed Shot (5/5) - All upgrades.
    Noxious Bolt (1/5)
    Combat Medic (4/5) - Don't get the Trauma Surgeon (Self-heal for caster).
    Agility (4/5) - Its a +20 DEX

As I had said, this has the highiest damage outburst in an instant but also comes with high mana cost.
    And additionaly:
    Don't use Noxious Bolt to a warrior using Juggernaut.
    Don't use Noxious Bolt when your are infected by sorcerer's Curse.

And for more info on rogue's skills, tactics and tricks read this guide by Zeus >> http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ips-amp-Tricks

Pets
    Samael, Singe, Nekro, Glacian and Hammerjaw. Any of this pet is great for you.
    Slag,Grimm and Scorch Are also good. Slag is a tactical pet, usually coupled with charged normal attack for stun-lock combo.
    Dovabear, Blinky, Talon, Gyrm, Malison, LittleBear and Crawly. Among these Legendaries I would choose Dovabear.
    Wurmtongue, Uries and Meep-moop . Please don't use any pets lower than legendary rarity.

I hope this helped you.
    full credits to kinzmet aka caroline ik it is lvl15/16 guide but much of the stuff should be same
    Last edited by siddhant; 01-17-2015 at 04:34 AM.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to siddhant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

thanks guys, it help a lot as a newbie here in this area

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm pretty experienced at 14 so I can assist you a bit here
    Gears:
    Umbral Shot of Brutality/Devourer Bow (Potency is not better than brut, it's a myth pretty much. With brut you still get +9 str and with pot you get +9 int. The net change is equal )
    Ancient Helm of Potency/Frigid Helm of Potency
    Ancient Druid Doublet of Potency/Frigid Tunic of Potency
    Swirling Ring of Brutality/Elondrian Grove Ring of Fitness (Dex, armour, damage and int type)
    Any type of eerie except brutality and assault lvl 14 (The mana gain of int based amulets are way too much for what you actually need in most cases since para gems are making mana builds obsolete now )

Note: If you get Devourer Brutality instead of Potency, remember to reallocate stat points properly! Same goes to Eerie Eg: If you use Assault (dex + str), remove some str in your attributes and shift them to int or dex to balance out your stats again!

NOTE: For full damage builds, Icescale Potency sets work the best as the boosted armour helps with survival and the extra dmg also overcomes the lack of mana

Builds:
    Typically this is what I advice people to carry:
    1/5 Shadow Piercer (the health absorption is being obsolete along with health builds)
    5/5 Aimed Shot (you need all the power you can get )
    5/5 Packs (Trauma surgeon has saved me loads of times, but you can forgo it and go for another passive)
    2 passives of your own choice (choose the passives according to what your stats are lacking in )

Never forget to continuously charge aimed shot, as the upgrades make every consecutive aimed shot more and more powerful. Even when tanks have the invulnerability shield around them, just hold your aimed shot and wait till the shield is about to disappear, (you'll know when you get more practice ) and fire it off. Keep stacking the crits! It is very important

Pets:
    Malison (save your mana well and I believe Malison to be better than Dova in some cases , the extra dodge and crit are invaluable) for a low budget
    Dovabear
    Blinky (I underestimated this thing, the AA is AMAZING! and crit is always important to have )
    And that's it, hope I helped!

Please feel free to pm me for any queries!

Officer @ <Death Penalty>
    Click the picture above to check out the guild thread!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cata For This Useful Post: