Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pvp staking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These fights are pretty hard to balance, taking gear off is not a solution. Im not sure how u planned this to be balanced. But also. You have to see that PL is a much much smaller game than RS. PL doesnt have any players to lose. We're talking abouf 500-1500 active players versus 100000 active players. Usually people dont quit after staking money, but if PL loses, 5-10-30. Active players, its a quite big thing. Theres lots and lots of good suggestions that were really easy to make in 2014, and which couldve fit PL perectly, which were quite obvious to be made, but STS never did them. This is a quite hard thing to make and I never see this happening... Not even in AL, I think. I personally dont support this idea too just because of the small population, you literally know 50% of the active players yourself. In a bigger game like RS its cool I guess, and I wouldnt mind staking there.
    Blyzzor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

hey, dryraindrops, did u contact support with the ideas yet? What did they say?
    IGNS: TUBBYBEHR!! LVL 40 REAPER NUKEY. LVL 40 MAGE PALLY SHUMIAN,+ xsmxkitesxfdx ~ 17~ and xsmskitexfdx ~ 27~

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian! View Post
    These fights are pretty hard to balance, taking gear off is not a solution. Im not sure how u planned this to be balanced. But also. You have to see that PL is a much much smaller game than RS. PL doesnt have any players to lose. We're talking abouf 500-1500 active players versus 100000 active players. Usually people dont quit after staking money, but if PL loses, 5-10-30. Active players, its a quite big thing. Theres lots and lots of good suggestions that were really easy to make in 2014, and which couldve fit PL perectly, which were quite obvious to be made, but STS never did them. This is a quite hard thing to make and I never see this happening... Not even in AL, I think. I personally dont support this idea too just because of the small population, you literally know 50% of the active players yourself. In a bigger game like RS its cool I guess, and I wouldnt mind staking there.
    As I've said before several times..there could be a limit..jus because ppl could stake don't think everyone is gonna go bet everything they own on a fight lol..and yes pvp balance ppl complaint about the ring and savage armor being op..just simply turn off rings and armor...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeyitsTubs View Post
    hey, dryraindrops, did u contact support with the ideas yet? What did they say?
    They said they would forward the idea
    To the developers. For me to also post the idea here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian! View Post
    This pvp staking thing is to reduce the number of active players leaving -duh
    Hope is Hungry.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iilhopeliliil For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

What's the point of putting a staking system if there will be a 100k limit, that's low. If they were to add this make the limit a gold cap. If people are too cocky and lose all their money well too bad for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dryraindrops View Post
    I believe this new addition to pvp would be very fun.

You could make it to where the 2 players wanting to stake could request each other and it would pull up a "staking screen" in which players could then add money and or items, then also pick the rules of the fight, like no armor or no weapons or no movement or no rings...you get the idea.

I know on other games that allow this have a huge outcome in players participating and I believe would be a amazing addition to pl and give it that extra edge!

With the lack of updates and new content I believe this would be amazing
    I think this is a great idea Keep that up man. They should add in a new townie just for it.
    Last edited by TrapazoidsPl; 01-16-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    <The Community Guild>

Trapazoids Whiffs

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Pvp staking!

Quote Originally Posted by TrapazoidsPl View Post
    I think this is a great idea Keep that up man. They should add in a new townie just for it.
    Yea I agree and could even add a quest you have to do to find "the lost gladiator" or something lol then after you complete it, it takes you to His home town which has a arena you can stake in lol idk just spitballing

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Just another thing I thought I'd throw in the mix. They should make a map & it should be like 16-18m wide. Full circle. No obstacles. & a total free for all. You can't join a team. 6 players allowed to join.
    Then, this map could be used for the staked duels. *I think many ppl that ik would also use this as normal duel map too*

The only problem with the duel in the desert map is that it only goes to 5, you can be spawned & its a stupidly big map.

Whereas if they made one of these types of maps, spawn locations could be an "outer map" ring around the PvP map.
    Sort of like a gladiator's arena in a colloseum or something haha. Maybe that could be the design idk.
    What I mean by this is, like the current forest manor glitch, however it should be a no entry zone. Where you can only leave & not join.

This would prevent spawning & boosters.
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    Just another thing I thought I'd throw in the mix. They should make a map & it should be like 16-18m wide. Full circle. No obstacles. & a total free for all. You can't join a team. 6 players allowed to join.
    Then, this map could be used for the staked duels. *I think many ppl that ik would also use this as normal duel map too*

The only problem with the duel in the desert map is that it only goes to 5, you can be spawned & its a stupidly big map.

Whereas if they made one of these types of maps, spawn locations could be an "outer map" ring around the PvP map.
    Sort of like a gladiator's arena in a colloseum or something haha. Maybe that could be the design idk.
    What I mean by this is, like the current forest manor glitch, however it should be a no entry zone. Where you can only leave & not join.

This would prevent spawning & boosters.
    Well in the player selected rules you could pick

No movement - which places each player 1 step in fount of each other

Or

No obstacles- open rectangle map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Yea, this is just my opinion, but I dont think it'd be good if it was entirely RS based. RS can afford to create a map that is purely for duels. PL can't.
    Creating a map for duels & nothing else is verging on stupidity (no offense) because you aren't using its full potential.

& I was going to say, if STS really wanted to make a big deal out of this gladiator map etc they could, as mentioned before, make a townie "The Lost Gladiator" ( have a gladiator whos using his sword to stand up, just an idea )

& create a new towne.

Instead of having a Lv req for the maps, how about a PvP/CTF Req?
    & a way to solve the problem of toughness of mobs is same system as they use in xmas pve games.
    Maybe at the end of the Chapt. Get a new achievement (Title too), or a vanity?
    Honestly wouldn't be too hard to make the towne either, I think same sorta design as AO. Sandy, but instead of those buildings, make a colloseum or something along those lines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Or maybe even implement some of what the orher suggestions have said EG. ssneaky's idea about stars, or change the color of the name. This would satisfy everybody as far as I'm aware. PVE/PVP/CTF. Makes ppl have to do PVP CTF to unlock more. Therefore creating more activity in Pvp maps for a given amount of time (During this time they might actually like PvP & CTF & become regulars).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Staking would be its own thing..you request pick rules wager on fight accept then it takes you to a arena then you fight with the selected rules then winner gets the items and or money that was staked..

Maybe they could implimit it as far as a CFT map where teams of 3 bet on who would win a CTF game.

Seems like something to come after the regular staking as worked its bugs out I don't see STS adding both types if they even add one

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well today I have made a guild called "pvp stake" and i wasn't surprised at all that in just today I've middle man over 50m in stakes and also staked about 10m myself!

Most was sayin how amazing it was that there was so many ppl wanting to stake and it was all actually legit!

This was a test and yes I'm sure this would make pl very
    Active again

Plus no one stakes everything they owned and quit the game.

If STS don't give us this update I'll still continue to run my guild!

And if you wanna join just pm

Dryraindrops or dryraindropzz

We mostly hang out and pick our stakes in shadow cave currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Well today I have made a guild called "pvp stake" and i wasn't surprised at all that in just today I've middle man over 50m in stakes and also staked about 10m myself!

Most was sayin how amazing it was that there was so many ppl wanting to stake and it was all actually legit!

Active again

Staking shall not make PL active again. This is what many people fail to realize. PL is not going to be active from a little addition such as staking. It will become active through str set nerf and new content.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i really need stacking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Active again

actually one of my buddies iinewbieii apparently quit because he lost in a staking match just today lol

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    actually one of my buddies iinewbieii apparently quit because he lost in a staking match just today lol
    Ouch..sorry for your loss..ofcorse there will be a few they don't know their limits but should be very minimal.

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

This is a reminder to keep the discussion on topic and friendly. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

+1. And regarding people who quit because of staking. This is normally because they don't stop at their limit. Just like people who merch and lose all their money, or can't get a drop. They quit because they can't do it or just give up. This can even be related to AL where people quit because they spent too much money opening crates and don't get a good drop. People will quit regardless. With new ideas implemented, such as this one, you will bring people to PL, old players and new. And those who quit due to losgin money will hopefully come around to realise they shouldn't have quit, and if they don't they can be missed, but at least we're drawing in 5 more for every 1 that quits.