Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Concerns Regarding Blocking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Concerns Regarding Blocking

Can any dev do something about that?

There are guilds who block with dummys
    There are guilds who whine about lvlgap so they MUST block (Go play 41 there is no lvlgap)
    There are guilds who block for fun
    There are guilds who uses 2 blockers
    There are guilds only obsessed by blockers
    There are guilds who block they flag till 4 give us slot after some hours we come in and they finish room
    There are players who uses second device to block

Is this how pvp is supposed to be? Everyday i go in pvp i get blocked.. sometimes they block with 4.. come on 5v1?
    Sts shud make a guild pvp room where your guild JOIN automacly the same team where your guildplayers are. So there are never blocks anymore.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 01-14-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

What level are you referring to? Blocking in end game is pretty rare, and if I'm blocked I instruct my team to leave.

If you stay and fight your enemies when blocked then you're sending the message to them that you're willing to fight a player down, and that you're okay with them blocking. Actions speak louder than words, so just have your team eject every time you're blocked.

Back in 26 we fought a guild that had alt accounts that they would use to block, and instead of fighting back we either blocked to have an even fight, or left. Eventually this guild stopped blocking because we always left.

Hope this helps, and shame on whatever guild is doing this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Playin lvl16-17-18 bracket there is only 1 guild whos does this and on top of that they stack breeze..

Raw, i am not a leaver tbh, Before breeze came out we could win 4-5 anytime.. But now with breeze its so useless we need to leave EVERY map.
    I want to play properly the reason they block Always is the LEVELGAP.. Why the first place play twink then? If they whine about it go play 41 there is no LEVELGAP..

Just today i left 7 pvp rooms just because that guild is blocking like madness. Even if we try to swap 4-5 they block us again so its 3-5 how on earth can we play like that?
    Everytime i hear the same story YOU 17 blabla.. and tbh there team had 17s aswell.. 1 year ago we didn't had this alot but now its of the hook.

there shud be some fix that if you join pvp rooms you join ONLY the team where you guildie is in. So there would never be blocks!!
    Last edited by Higuani; 01-14-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    Playin lvl16-17-18 bracket there is only 1 guild whos does this and on top of that they stack breeze..

Raw, i am not a leaver tbh, Before breeze came out we could win 4-5 anytime.. But now with breeze its so useless we need to leave EVERY map.
    I want to play properly the reason they block Always is the LEVELGAP.. Why the first place play twink then? If they whine about it go play 41 there is no LEVELGAP..

Just today i left 7 pvp rooms just because that guild is blocking like madness. Even if we try to swap 4-5 they block us again so its 3-5 how on earth can we play like that?
    Everytime i hear the same story YOU 17 blabla.. and tbh there team had 17s aswell.. 1 year ago we didn't had this alot but now its of the hook.

there shud be some fix that if you join pvp rooms you join ONLY the team where you guildie is in. So there would never be blocks!!
    There will likely not be a fix to this. Your best bet is to take a break from PvP until the Breeze issues are sorted out, and maybe find a new twink bracket, or level to end game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I played before endgame but i can't keep up in items/gold thats why i twink mainly. I made more gold on my 17 ive ever made on 41 tbh
    Yeah maybe a break is the solution lol till they fixed breeze. Like i said before breeze we could win 4v5 but now its impossible with that pet lol

Anyway thx to reply raw. i appriciate it.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

There r more serious issues beside u mentioned mate. Here r few of them
    - using 3rd party app for spamming a.k.a mouse recorder or tap recorder
    - PC ( chrome users) can change sides without being out of arena. I.e open new tab
    - PC users r on top against android and iOS users just because they r just a button away for 5th skill, swap inventory.

Sts has to address these serious issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    What level are you referring to? Blocking in end game is pretty rare, and if I'm blocked I instruct my team to leave.

If you stay and fight your enemies when blocked then you're sending the message to them that you're willing to fight a player down, and that you're okay with them blocking. Actions speak louder than words, so just have your team eject every time you're blocked.

Back in 26 we fought a guild that had alt accounts that they would use to block, and instead of fighting back we either blocked to have an even fight, or left. Eventually this guild stopped blocking because we always left.

Hope this helps, and shame on whatever guild is doing this.
    Back when I used to PvP and when blocking first started, I'd face off 3v1. I'd stick around long enough to get into a situation where I killed all 3, then say, pffft, no fun fighting noobs and leave. They love it when you do that!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Back when I used to PvP and when blocking first started, I'd face off 3v1. I'd stick around long enough to get into a situation where I killed all 3, then say, pffft, no fun fighting noobs and leave. They love it when you do that!
    I do this in TDM all the time. I use trees or Trulle as my tank and just snipe and run away after they die =P.
    This is why I love TDM and why CTF is just silly...
    You rarely hear anyone complaining about TDM since it's being played as intended whereas CTF... ya that's a broken record XD

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I do this in TDM all the time. I use trees or Trulle as my tank and just snipe and run away after they die =P.
    This is why I love TDM and why CTF is just silly...
    You rarely hear anyone complaining about TDM since it's being played as intended whereas CTF... ya that's a broken record XD
    Using Truell and tree hugging is a terrific strategy. Hate all the clowns that say stop hiding noob, come out. Yeah, I'm the noob fighting 3v1....riiiiiiiiight.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

clearly the guild u are referring to blocks stack tanks with breeze like anything just yesterday in tdm i was in a room with a guidlie who was a tank and on my opponent team was a fnf rouge so we killed her once and then i just told her to call a tank without breeze so she said k wait so i waited then the tank joined and again we were able to kill each of them for 2rounds then they just called 2tanks with breeze and i was like wtf i play fair and u....from now on no mercy to fnf just when i see them i kill and when they dont have numbers on their side they just leave gg.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hi there!

Please remember to keep the discussion constructive and friendly. In regard to the pet Breeze, there have been some proposed changes mentioned here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-Undead-Vials

In the meantime I will forward the 'blocking' concerns to the devs. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hi there!

Please remember to keep the discussion constructive and friendly. In regard to the pet Breeze, there have been some proposed changes mentioned here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-Undead-Vials

Wew ty Seoratrek!

Try to make something join guildbased? So if someone say 'join' in guildchat you join that player immidiatly in the same team (no need to chose teams). That would be the best way to stop those blocks. Imo its gettin out of control now. Ive never seen this before like how it is now.
    But then we have another problem guild who have allies. Allies can aswell be blocking how on earth do we get rid of that! There comes the 'kick' option that would be very usefull. But we can only kick if 1 team has 3 players from same guild.

I think the main reason players quit pvp are just sick of blockers. There no other things who brings more frustation than that in pvp. I rather be freezed by 5 breezes in 5v5 then 4v5!!!
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    Can any dev do something about that?

There are guilds who block with dummys
    There are guilds who whine about lvlgap so they MUST block (Go play 41 there is no lvlgap)
    There are guilds who block for fun
    There are guilds who uses 2 blockers
    There are guilds only obsessed by blockers
    There are guilds who block they flag till 4 give us slot after some hours we come in and they finish room
    There are players who uses second device to block

Is this how pvp is supposed to be? Everyday i go in pvp i get blocked.. sometimes they block with 4.. come on 5v1?
    Sts shud make a guild pvp room where your guild JOIN automacly the same team where your guildplayers are. So there are never blocks anymore.
    Sponsor me tank gears and I'll farm all those noob for you bro... As u know my ability in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hi there!

Tell them blocking is bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

all the above proposed suggestion wont u actually work u say a guildie can join a guidlie but what abt the nubs where do they go? then kick option wont sum1 just kick an undergear player from his team ty?

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Even guild join is controlled by having the guildie join the same team as the guildmate, this wouldn't warranty a spot blocking free PVP.
    My suggestions would be :
    1. Control the joining of guildmates so that he joins the same team with the guildmate his joining (This is Higuani's idea).
    2. Control the joining of friend so that he joins the same team with the friend in his friend list his joining.
    3. Control the joining of partymates so that he joins the same team with the partymates his joining.
    4. When a player joins a random room (where one or more of his guildmate/friend/partymate is there too) he will be automatically be on the team where his guildmate, friend, or partymate was in (in-order of importance).

The only backside of this idea is, you can't 1v1 your guildmate anymore. If you guys can add anymore idea to this then Seoratrek can forward the blocking concerns with our ideas to fix it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    all the above proposed suggestion wont u actually work u say a guildie can join a guidlie but what abt the nubs where do they go? then kick option wont sum1 just kick an undergear player from his team ty?
    Valid point. Aawtch my bad.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    The other major issue is ganging. Please consider having people wait in holding cells when teams are uneven. So if red has 3 and blue has 2, a player from the red team gets sent to the holding room
    Holding room sounds like a good idea just there is pro of everything so there is
    Con of this idea as well suppose opponent team loses 5vs5 then they just remove their 3players and the 2players left would be full arcane whereas the
    First two player on the winning team would be kinda undergeared to fight so i wouldnt actually like my team being torn apart by those arcane players just saying implementing this stuff would actually be difficult for sts to implement especially in a game when players dont want any cons in the given stuff being given out ty.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My suggestion is, the first player who choose a team TDM or CTF (red or blue) become team leader. Which has same function as party (has leader) who can decide to kick unwanted teammates or blocker. The kicked player will be kicked out of the match. And if the leader leave match, the next teammate automatically will become leader, or leader can choose next leader (just as party functioning). Blocker accounts mostly are guildless, or not same guild as anyone. So auto assign team based on guild will be useless. Therefor if an enemy member already become leader in your team, u better leave the match n find new room. But i fear blocker player mostly always find a way to block. So i'm afraid even with this kind of pvp they will still block by always make room with their guildy as leader on on other team. LoL, but hey, its just an idea to make pvp better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    But even if players leave, at least it will still be 2v2. If they're under geared under skilled, at least it's a fair fight and they have the option to leave. It's better than getting ganged 5v2, right?
    Hmm what happens if my team is losing 5vs5 i am near to death and i just leave does this mean one player from the other team gets immediately sent to the holding room and the whole fight has to restart again?there is clearly a lot of ways in which u could be able to exploit this system ty.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)