Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i open a new rogue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Should i open a new rogue?

Hey guys,
    Ive got a 41 level sorcerer with elond gun mythic perf set wild talisman slag abaddon blablabla...But i see rogues have more damage and all people need them in tombs,arena and others should i sell all of my items and open a new rogue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hllckr View Post
    Hey guys,
    Ive got a 41 level sorcerer with elond gun mythic perf set wild talisman slag abaddon blablabla...But i see rogues have more damage and all people need them in tombs,arena and others should i sell all of my items and open a new rogue?
    This is truly a tough call. I main'd a mage for over a year now here and when the game had all of the DC's I ended up using my rogue.. .then decided to switch permanently. I think that mage is viable to play in tombs and arena, and they have been promised a buff that should be coming here soon. In our guild we use mage/rogue for dps and we run with either the same way.

I think the only reason to switch to rogue is if you are growing bored playing that class. Not because rogue is better for PvE. Mage is great with their CC abilities and to sweep the mobs up. Rogues can deliver the single point damage on a boss, so really both have their strength for PvE.

There is no reason to stick with one class, I do encourage you to try rogue if it peaks your interest! Nothing wrong with playing 2 classes or learning the mechanics of another. I just hated rogue for SO LONG it took me forever to discover, hey this isn't too bad. The ONE advantage rogue has over mage is less death. I do tend to chat when I run so my mage had over 10K death, rogues are slightly more hearty and less costly for ankh and plat revs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Lol I just started a new mage just to test things out and man, does it do a lot of AOE damage! So far I'm liking it and I can already see why mages are better at clearing trash mobs. When time comes to kill a boss, shoot, takes so much longer! I'm a warrior at heart, but switched to rogue a long time ago and I love that class as its a crit boss kill class. It is however, becoming more expensive to play than warriors!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Hey guys,
    I play both classes, although rogue is my main. Basically what Candy said. Just keep in mind that rogue items are practically more expensive, sometimes almost double. Furthermore while you might save some gold from ankhs, you will definitely need more for portions due to the high demand for mana.

Good luck :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hey guys,
    make a rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    This is truly a tough call. I main'd a mage for over a year now here and when the game had all of the DC's I ended up using my rogue.. .then decided to switch permanently. I think that mage is viable to play in tombs and arena, and they have been promised a buff that should be coming here soon. In our guild we use mage/rogue for dps and we run with either the same way.

I think the only reason to switch to rogue is if you are growing bored playing that class. Not because rogue is better for PvE. Mage is great with their CC abilities and to sweep the mobs up. Rogues can deliver the single point damage on a boss, so really both have their strength for PvE.

There is no reason to stick with one class, I do encourage you to try rogue if it peaks your interest! Nothing wrong with playing 2 classes or learning the mechanics of another. I just hated rogue for SO LONG it took me forever to discover, hey this isn't too bad. The ONE advantage rogue has over mage is less death. I do tend to chat when I run so my mage had over 10K death, rogues are slightly more hearty and less costly for ankh and plat revs.
    Same for me byt im stuck with 1 problem i deleted my 40 rouge and now im to lazy to lvl an new one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Honestly i bored from mage.Im trying to find parties for arena or tombs every day and never find it and after im starting to play LoL.And you can see rogues damage on mobs and bosses.I have 727 damage on my mage and cant see anything on mobs health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I've played all three classes as mains at certain times.

I first started out as a strict warrior for my first 10 months, and i noticed that i was able to withstand tons of damage, but i felt so slow and it felt like i was hitting things with a Playskool hammer.

Then i switched to mage for several months, and i absolutely loved it. I loved soloing WT4 and seeing those mobs disappearing in seconds. Mages are so much fun, and a lot of the skills give you visual feedback (i like seeing the fireballs explode and the clocks drop).

I switched to rogue last autumn because i felt like it was a more solid end-game class. All of the elite bosses can be picked off more efficiently with rogues, and they survive better than mages. I do find the class boring, as there really isnt much visual effect from the skills, besides shadow storm, which is a terrible skill nonetheless.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think you should keep your mage. At least dont sell your stuff. It might be smart to make another account with the rogue class, however mages are really the funnest class out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

If you want efficient runs and to be called more frequently for runs, make a rogue. My legendary bow rogue farms faster than my mage with 4 attack skills and mythic gun oddly enough. Rogues are extremely strong in PVP as well. For current elites, you really don't need any other class than rogue for the most efficient runs. My friends/guildmates, when we do runs, we will switch out of our main accounts and to rogue accounts to farm. Sad but true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Just have all 3 capped and use them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haifer View Post
    Just have all 3 capped and use them.
    Nah onlyrouge n keep mage

Near beaches between the middle of earth in the center of earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lol i have all 3, rogue and mage capped to 41,and warrior lvl 40 ,mostly i play with my warrior and mage but for PVP i use my rogue,cause in my rogue form i have better DK ratio than the other two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Same for me byt im stuck with 1 problem i deleted my 40 rouge and now im to lazy to lvl an new one
    contact the support team. they would recover it. i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

contact them...they recovered my lv41 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

the only reason i dont take a rogue is tat they r girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    contact the support team. they would recover it. i think.
    Im to lazy to do + i forgot the email n pasword :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So which one ? rogue or mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

So which one ? rogue or mage?
    If you are lazy like me stay mage, if you wanna be pro use rouge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

This game heavily favours being a rogue atm. Four rogues in a party, who needs warriors and mages. You can farm and kill faster and also solo elite maps, don't even mention PvP.

I've been tempted to level my rogue but levelling is so boring and tedious. I might do it in the next fortnight.

I also have a mage, mages are fun but I've been told they die as soon as the Boss farts in their direction. I don't wanna ankh revive every two seconds.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a warrior but nowadays a tank is redundant. There is no need for one.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-15-2015 at 04:09 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1