Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A slightly unusual nerf/buff request thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default A slightly unusual nerf/buff request thread

So i am a big believer in the fact that the rings, (especially the 3pc ring), can make or break pvp. I've read a lot of threads about bears being op because of their dodge and armor. Now that i've amassed almost 30k pvp fights, i just wanted to share my thoughts on this. I've read an older thread that just wanted to remove dodge out of the equation. Personally, i do not think dodge or high armor is a problem. Or should i say...that isn't the real problem. Dodge and armor have nothing to do with it, imo. But i have another idea...what if we removed the 3pc ring effects from some classes?

It would go something like this:

1. BIRDS: any bird that has Dragon Ring or 2pc ring should act as a bird that HAS THE 3PC RING ON. Basically if u either spent 200 plat or have reached l77 (which means grabbing 300k xp, which is no easy task), your ring would act like a 3pc ring. I've fought enough birds to come to the conclusion that birds that have 3pc, no matter how bad they are, have a real chance of defeating any class. And they usually do.

2. INT MAGES: similar to birds, int mages that have Drag or 2pc ring should act like they would wear 3pc ring.

3. PALLIES: I think 3pc lust pallies are OP. Pallies that wear lust str set should be limited to the effects of wearing 2 pc ring and savage wearing pallies that have either drag ring or 2pc ring should get the benefit of wearing 3pc ring. This way, the choice is theirs, either have increased armor or increased damage. Both good.

4. BEARS: I think this is the most OP class and they should be hit the hardest. The best ring they could wear is the 10 plat, 2 dodge 10 dmg ring. Possibly, minus the 10 damage part, since their attack debuff is already so powerful.

5. FOX: fox shouldnt be able to equip anything else other than 2 pc ring.

6. RHINO: 3pc ring stats for every 2pc ring or dragon ring that rhyno wears.

Notice that founders helm and egg are completely taken out of the equation. These are just my thoughts bases on my experiences with pvp. But seriously, if this does not fix pvp balance, i don't know what will.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-15-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This kind of update would take as much as time, effort and money as just nerfing bears would. Be happy with what STS gives, and if they do plan on nerfing, it should be more skills than gear/class specific limitations. Also, this type of nerf would affect some 61/66 pvpers, and taking dragon rings away from bears would be like taking away the hard earned money and plat used to get a dragon set.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

So give 3piece to everyone except pallies and bears? Lol.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodder For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marika1 View Post
    So i am a big believer in the fact that the rings, (especially the 3pc ring), can make or break pvp. I've read a lot of threads about bears being op because of their dodge and armor. Now that i've amassed almost 30k pvp fights, i just wanted to share my thoughts on this. I've read an older thread that just wanted to remove dodge out of the equation. Personally, i do not think dodge or high armor is a problem. Or should i say...that isn't the real problem. Dodge and armor have nothing to do with it, imo. But i have another idea...what if we removed the 3pc ring effects from some classes?

1. BIRDS: any bird that has Dragon Ring or 2pc ring should act as a bird that HAS THE 3PC RING ON. Basically if u either spent 200 plat or have reached l77 (which means grabbing 300k xp, which is no easy task), your ring would act like a 3pc ring. I've fought enough birds to come to the conclusion that birds that have 3pc, no matter how bad they are, have a real chance of defeating any class. And they usually do.

2. INT MAGES: similar to birds, int mages that have Drag or 2pc ring should act like they would wear 3pc ring.

3. PALLIES: I think 3pc lust pallies are OP. Pallies that wear lust str set should be limited to the effects of wearing 2 pc ring and savage wearing pallies that have either drag ring or 2pc ring should get the benefit of wearing 3pc ring. This way, the choice is theirs, either have increased armor or increased damage. Both good.

4. BEARS: I think this is the most OP class and they should be hit the hardest. The best ring they could wear is the 10 plat, 2 dodge 10 dmg ring. Possibly, minus the 10 damage part, since their attack debuff is already so powerful.

Notice that founders helm and egg are completely taken out of the equation. These are just my thoughts bases on my experiences with pvp. But seriously, if this does not fix pvp balance, i don't know what will.
    Ignore this
    Last edited by synfullmagic_23110; 01-16-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    hai doods

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Not necessarily give or take away the rings, but give or take the ability to the respective classes. So, for instance, the 3pc ring on bears has +10 damage, +1 crit etc, +5 dodge. Take away everything but +2 dodge. You can keep the 3pc ring lol, but it just wont do much. I dont quite understand what other kind of update you would want when this does it all.

By the way these changes i proposed are exclusively for end game pvp. Not for l61-66. Ive no idea what is happening there.

I came up with this thread because honest, i got tired of...lets call them 'players'...who have 3pc birds and int mages, that dont even know their ranges to call me or others OP just because i use bear or pally. Thats nonsense. If you cannot beat even dragon ring pally or bear with 3pc bird or int mage, then its your fault. I mean, i guess i should just auto put them on ignore list next time.
    Last edited by Marika1; 01-16-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Endgame PvP is fine. Two different classes of the same level have equal chances of beating each other. The fact that people have 3pc / 2pc is because they have earned it by leveling up. Although I do agree that there is a huge difference in one level when it comes to endgame whereas a 56 can still beat a 61. You just need to know how to play your class properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Endgame PvP is fine.
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Endgame PvP is fine. Two different classes of the same level have equal chances of beating each other. The fact that people have 3pc / 2pc is because they have earned it by leveling up. Although I do agree that there is a huge difference in one level when it comes to endgame whereas a 56 can still beat a 61. You just need to know how to play your class properly.
    You clearly don't endgame.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its an idea but then it would take out the people that have done hard work by capping 3 or more caps to have the 3pc the poeple that have the 3pc should have the 3pc not poeple that just hit l77 2pc acting as a 3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Not necessarily give or take away the rings, but give or take the ability to the respective classes. So, for instance, the 3pc ring on bears has +10 damage, +1 crit etc, +5 dodge. Take away everything but +2 dodge. You can keep the 3pc ring lol, but it just wont do much. I dont quite understand what other kind of update you would want when this does it all.

By the way these changes i proposed are exclusively for end game pvp. Not for l61-66. Ive no idea what is happening there.

I came up with this thread because honest, i got tired of...lets call them 'players'...who have 3pc birds and int mages, that dont even know their ranges to call me or others OP just because i use bear or pally. Thats nonsense. If you cannot beat even dragon ring pally or bear with 3pc bird or int mage, then its your fault. I mean, i guess i should just auto put them on ignore list next time.
    i see
    players that have played for 2-3yrs plus are nub
    love that logic
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Im a so called new gen player with a 77 pure dex 2pc lust bird. I dont care how long are you playing this game and i dont even know you neither ig or irl, but id like to call you a noob, and i will do it so.
    The reason is obvious; your thread. Im doing fine in endgame pvp.
    Ofc im not a pro or not even a veteran. But there are cases when im able to beat even 3pc bears, when they dont have that "magic dodge coat" on. Not to mention pallies. Birds are the funniest opponents at all, cuz thats just all about speed, mainly.
    You just have to know your tactics vs each class and how to play your chosen one. I was one of those newbies in the beginnings, but ive asked for help, and i met some really cool and helpful veterans.
    I totally disagree with your idea, if you loose, deal with it - its just a game. Practice and learn how to be better than u were last time. But i know, asking for changes to make yourself more comfortable is always easier..
    Ps.: Sorry for my english, you will find my message anyways between the lines written above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Epw, i think you are missing the point. Im fine with endgame pvp. Not great, but fine. I was great until i made a l76 bird that only has dragon ring. From there things turned to fine. But i really am still a beginner with bird.

But periodically, threads appear suggesting to nerf str sets. And i just suggested that, if you want real balance, dodge and str sets arent the real problem. It is the additional damage rings give to some classes that's the real threat. Its just my opinion, nothing more nothing less. I think the rings are OP, but i wont quit the game just because of the fact that they are there. Many birds, even after 2-3 years of playing, are still bad, 3pc or not. And then they make threads about nerfing str sets, almost threating that they will leave if their suggestions are not met. All i can say to them...bai bai, nobody will miss you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

lol at this new gen logic. thanks for the great laugh

there is one thing I agree though...lust str classes are op, nerf those sets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Epw, i think you are missing the point. Im fine with endgame pvp. Not great, but fine. I was great until i made a l76 bird that only has dragon ring. From there things turned to fine. But i really am still a beginner with bird.

But periodically, threads appear suggesting to nerf str sets. And i just suggested that, if you want real balance, dodge and str sets arent the real problem. It is the additional damage rings give to some classes that's the real threat. Its just my opinion, nothing more nothing less. I think the rings are OP, but i wont quit the game just because of the fact that they are there. Many birds, even after 2-3 years of playing, are still bad, 3pc or not. And then they make threads about nerfing str sets, almost threating that they will leave if their suggestions are not met. All i can say to them...bai bai, nobody will miss you.
    The damage rings give? You're eithier blind or use 3pc rings as an excuse every time you lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    The damage rings give? You're eithier blind or use 3pc rings as an excuse every time you lose.
    If you have 5 dodge and 10 armor extra, on top of +10 dmg, you survive more to do more damage. So yea, 3pc ring have more damage than dragon rings if this is what you are arguing. If you would stop to think more, good things will happen. Eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Lol you are so oblivious and ignorant, idk why people continue to argue with you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

If you have 5 dodge and 10 armor extra, on top of +10 dmg, you survive more to do more damage. So yea, 3pc ring have more damage than dragon rings if this is what you are arguing. If you would stop to think more, good things will happen. Eventually.
    Isn't the point of the ring to give an advantage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I learned something else today. If u do this >>> see pic attached <<< forum quality improves. As usual, these guys bring no pertinent opinion as to why my suggestions wouldn't work. And IRandom is there, the l73 bird that wants savage nerfed. Haha! Enjoy your stay all!Name:  Ignored.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  104.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

And IRandom is there, the l73 bird that wants savage nerfed. Haha! Enjoy your stay all!Name:  Ignored.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  104.1 KB
    uhhh.
    i have no 73 bird
    but thx for pointing me out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Many birds, even after 2-3 years of playing, are still bad, 3pc or not. And then they make threads about nerfing str sets, almost threating that they will leave if their suggestions are not met. All i can say to them...bai bai, nobody will miss you.
    idk
    dollo will be pretty missed
    in addition he actually gave extremely solid reasoning as to why and how str sets should be nerfed