Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why id the vial drop rate all pf a sudden so high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Default why id the vial drop rate all pf a sudden so high.

I think it was a great idea adding them to the loot table for planar tombs, but this item should be as rare as a archon drop if not rarer, instead its dropping like locked crates from km3. This will drive the fossil price up and eventually make vials worth nothing more then 50k a piece giving people nothing worth while to farm for.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 01-16-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: sorry for the retarded typing was half asleep writing this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I agree the drop rate of vials needs to be re looked over. I'm tired of new items being added and drop in price to the point it's not worth farming anymore in 2 weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

A few hours after the vials were added to the Planar loot tables, they droppe from 1.5mil to 350-400k, within a week, these will be all but worthless most likely. I suggest adding more things that vials can be used for, because there's not all that much fossils being looted, so no point of vials without any fossils....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

It's just that there are very few fossils in game while thousands of players open the 100% drop master chests every few minutes. Perhaps if we could trade them off for other things too?
    Eg. 1 vial for 15 ankhs or 10 vials for a dark crystal armor piece or even 60 vials for an arcane fossil. Then the arena would be actually worth running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    It's just that there are very few fossils in game while thousands of players open the 100% drop master chests every few minutes. Perhaps if we could trade them off for other things too?
    Eg. 1 vial for 15 ankhs or 10 vials for a dark crystal armor piece or even 60 vials for an arcane fossil. Then the arena would be actually worth running.
    10 vials for a dark Crystal armor piece? Any piece? >.>
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What developers should have done is kept arena loot table and planar loot table different. Fossil is an arena thing so logically, vials should only be obtained through arena. If they drop from tombs as well, what's the point of running arena?

Additionally, 15 vials was fine to craft Nekro. After all, one does need to burn these vials dropping! Also, since they're so rare, bump up the liquidation price from 10,000 to 100,000? This should ensure that one will at least break even by running arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What developers should have done is kept arena loot table and planar loot table different. Fossil is an arena thing so logically, vials should only be obtained through arena. If they drop from tombs as well, what's the point of running arena?

Additionally, 15 vials was fine to craft Nekro. After all, one does need to burn these vials dropping! Also, since they're so rare, bump up the liquidation price from 10,000 to 100,000? This should ensure that one will at least break even by running arena.
    Problem is vials count as a "Rare" item, so naturally their liquidation rate is going to be pretty low. I do agree with Madnab's idea of being able to purchase things with vials, similar to the teeth system, maybe even a purchasable pet with 75 or so vials that can be used to counteract Breezes (but that's another topic).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Problem is vials count as a "Rare" item, so naturally their liquidation rate is going to be pretty low. I do agree with Madnab's idea of being able to purchase things with vials, similar to the teeth system, maybe even a purchasable pet with 75 or so vials that can be used to counteract Breezes (but that's another topic).
    Rarity doesn't set liquidation price. Proof: Arcane Ring liquidation price vs. Vial liquidation price (1k vs 10k).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Rarity doesn't set liquidation price. Proof: Arcane Ring liquidation price vs. Vial liquidation price (1k vs 10k).

Ok Ok, you win that argument, but, wouldn't you agree that making vials useful for somwthin else besides Nekro would help keep their value high?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Ok Ok, you win that argument, but, wouldn't you agree that making vials useful for somwthin else besides Nekro would help keep their value high?
    Not any of the dark Crystal gear because then that kills the planar chest market. One would basically be taking the money from planar chests and putting it into vials.

Why purchase chests when you can get exactly the piece you want for 10 vials?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I suggest to remove them from planar tombs. Tombs are already worth farming but arena isnt. If vials drop from arena only it will help to control the price and at the same time it will make arena worth farming again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

>_< i fainted at that example..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Yeah 10 seem reasonable and I'll tell you why; right now the market is seemingly flooding because:
    1. People that have been hoarding these previously useless chests now opened all at once.
    2. People that were gathering vials panic sold before prices hit rock bottom.
    3. There are no other uses for them so 99% of vials dropped are being sold, at least initially.

They're already being hoarded because this is exactly what happens every time a previously valuable item is now available fast in much larger quantities. Should the rate be nerfed, a period of dryness will follow where these hoarders will --obviously-- try to sell them higher.

So instead of the buff/nerf cycle STS has agreed to no longer follow, they could simply give us more options on what to do with them. Seeing how the prices are at the moment, it'll probably stabilize around 200k per piece. If they make it 10-15 vials plus planar essence for a dark crystal piece (with 15 for the best versions), they'll go back to 1m for a long long time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

A guy I know got 2 vials from 15 mobs, and a tank in his pt got one right after -.- drop rate is so broken you can just sit at sorrax and farm vials instead of killing the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Vials should have already dropped to 100k considering the type of drop rate u guys mentioned
    The only reason it isnt is that ppl expect the drop rate to be high again as happened before and are hoarding lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

maybe they have the same drop rate like essences?I mean they are part of the craft material.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Jade quickly delete this thread cos I ain't looted any. The devs read this and gonna NERF it.

DEVS, lemme at least loot a few before you tighten the screws on the drop rate KTHNXBAI.
    Oh and could you fix that bit of code where I'm looting locks from planar like as if I'm in KM3. Replace the variable 'Lock' with the variable 'Elite Planar Chest', ok thanks again.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-17-2015 at 04:05 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    maybe they have the same drop rate like essences?I mean they are part of the craft material.
    No way lolll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Jade quickly delete this thread cos I ain't looted any. The devs read this and gonna NERF it.

DEVS, lemme at least loot a few before you tighten the screws on the drop rate KTHNXBAI.
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah 10 seem reasonable and I'll tell you why; right now the market is seemingly flooding because:
    1. People that have been hoarding these previously useless chests now opened all at once.
    2. People that were gathering vials panic sold before prices hit rock bottom.
    3. There are no other uses for them so 99% of vials dropped are being sold, at least initially.

They're already being hoarded because this is exactly what happens every time a previously valuable item is now available fast in much larger quantities. Should the rate be nerfed, a period of dryness will follow where these hoarders will --obviously-- try to sell them higher.

So instead of the buff/nerf cycle STS has agreed to no longer follow, they could simply give us more options on what to do with them. Seeing how the prices are at the moment, it'll probably stabilize around 200k per piece. If they make it 10-15 vials plus planar essence for a dark crystal piece (with 15 for the best versions), they'll go back to 1m for a long long time.

You completely ignored the point where this will just kill the elite planar tomb income for players. All this will do is kill tombs because why purchase chests when you can save up ten vials and buy exactly what you want?

If you want vials to be a token system, then it has to be something that the planar tombs do not already supply. Perhaps Shade? (Shade rarely, if ever, drops from planar tomb chests).