Thread: Suggestion: A Re-Target Button

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Suggestion: A Re-Target Button

First of all, let me go ahead and start off by saying I really enjoy Pocket Legends and you all have done a great job.

My one main gripe while playing, however, is trying to re-target to another enemy while fighting large groups. As I'm sure everyone here can attest, it is very easy for the monster/creature you have targeted to get thrown across two counties only to have your attacks no longer helping the party. Even as an Archer, I still experience this over and over again - I can't imagine how much you would need to do this as a Warrior.

Now, I know you can re-target to another enemy by touching your character, but for some reason it takes 2-3 presses while fighting to touch the exact right spot. On a phone or portable media player, this wouldn't be too difficult as your fingers can easily stretch over and reach your character. However, while on an iPad or 8" and above tablet, you have to change your grip completely on the device to reach over and select your character to change targets. This is not ideal by any means.

My suggestion is simple, an Option to add a button next to the attack button in the bottom right hand corner. One that is 1/4 the size of the attack button (placed along the bottom of the screen, just to the left of the attack button) would allow a player to easily change targets at will - or disable the button altogether.

If you wanted to go a little further, it would be nice to choose whether this button selected the nearest target to you or cycled through the targets within range. I think this type of targeting could really add some more skill and logic to the game.

Thank you all for your time.

- Adam Z
    Araketan - Level 56 Dex Bird
    Uimacaz - Level 55 Int Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yup a rotate through avaialable targets button or some variation has been suggested a few times, and I would love it. Touch targeting is sketchy at times, and I often simply tap myself to untarget which seems to be more reliable but is less efficient.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has been suggested many times still no answer. I love the suggestions since it can be hard to tap a target on the iphone or small screen. Those on the ipad or tablets have the upper hand.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

+1 on the suggestion, fo sho.

Or maybe a smaller button as suggested, that automatically (re)targets the nearest enemy.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-01-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I love the scrolling target idea. That would add a whole new level of gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You know how when you press the Auto-attack button it usually targets a mob close to you? Well I think there should just be a button that removes your current target so you can select a new one or whatever using the auto-attack. Te Devs won't have to add a huge new thing that cycles between targets, even though that would be cool.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    You know how when you press the Auto-attack button it usually targets a mob close to you? Well I think there should just be a button that removes your current target so you can select a new one or whatever using the auto-attack.
    This already exists. You tap yourself and it removes the current target, bit I would still like a cycle targets feature. It doesn't have to be a huge new thing, in fact, it could just be like tap the attack button again to cycle targets (or double tap for the maybe 6 people who don't use auto attack).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    This already exists. You tap yourself and it removes the current target, bit I would still like a cycle targets feature. It doesn't have to be a huge new thing, in fact, it could just be like tap the attack button again to cycle targets (or double tap for the maybe 6 people who don't use auto attack).
    Really? This is useful information, thank you! I've tried a million things but I guess I never tried actually touching my character... I'll have to see how well it works.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]