Thread: A small guild leaderboard suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Default A small guild leaderboard suggestion.

Hi!

I have an idea, i dont know if it was said before but...

Guilds from leaderboards (1-50) officers and ofc, guild master, would get a banner (in end of the season) with a sceptre or something like that with the number of season (VII). New season is coming and i think that people would like this suggestion pretty much. +1 Leaderboard banner won't make a big difference in the size of AL, because many banners come every season.

Have a nice day.

-Productive
    Last edited by Andrisber; 01-18-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: forgot my wallet

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This would make everyone flock to the top 50 guilds just for end-of-season. Then they would get their banners and go back to their normal guilds.

This suggestion has been made several times before and was rejected by the devs. Too many logistical issues involved.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This would make everyone flock to the top 50 guilds just for end-of-season. Then they would get their banners and go back to their normal guilds.

This suggestion has been made several times before and was rejected by the devs. Too many logistical issues involved.
    Which guild would give officer instantly? I was in Magnum/Purple Thunder for about 1.6 years and i got officer before a week or so. Recruiters DONT get a banner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Giving it to just officers and GM's would add to the already-large problem of guild segregation. I know a lot of guilds don't see members as equal to ranked members, in the sense that officers only run with officers and use /o instead of /g most of the time. I was in a guild like that once, and have heard that it is still the norm in a lot of guilds.

Giving banners to those who are already often treated as (or consider themselves) "better" than others in the guild would just enhance this problem and make everyone else feel left out. After all, it's the members who get the guild it's ranking. If it were just officers, these top guilds would not be "top".

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Giving it to just officers and GM's would add to the already-large problem of guild segregation. I know a lot of guilds don't see members as equal to ranked members, in the sense that officers only run with officers and use /o instead of /g most of the time. I was in a guild like that once, and have heard that it is still the norm in a lot of guilds.

Giving banners to those who are already often treated as (or consider themselves) "better" than others in the guild would just enhance this problem and make everyone else feel left out. After all, it's the members who get the guild it's ranking. If it were just officers, these top guilds would not be "top".
    Yup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Uhm... If someone joined 1 day before the season ends and gets a banner, it wouldn't be fair too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrisber View Post
    Uhm... If someone joined 1 day before the season ends and gets a banner, it wouldn't be fair too
    So you see the problem then. If you just give banners to ranked members, it's unfair. GM's could also cheat and temporarily promote a bunch of people just for the banners. Or else you give the banners to everyone and have people joining just for a day or a week so they can get banners. Either way it's not going to work.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Trueee

So you see the problem then. If you just give banners to ranked members, it's unfair. GM's could also cheat and temporarily promote a bunch of people just for the banners. Or else you give the banners to everyone and have people joining just for a day or a week so they can get banners. Either way it's not going to work.
    its really unfair for me