Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nekro Changes Discussion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey all!

We’ve been listening to feedback about Nekro, and that feedback has brought me to some ideas on how to improve him. Let's get started

- Nekro's Happiness bonus currently provides +15 all stats, +20 to primary, and +6 mana regen. This is a bit broad and not quite potent enough compared to other arcane's, given his crafting component. As such I'm proposing shifting these to +10 all stats, +30 to primary, and +8 mana regen. This brings the total for the primary stat up 5 points, without overdoing the stat bonuses. There has to be some give and take in this regard.

- Nekro receives a higher base damage then other pets in the game, including other arcane's. The overall net is the raw value of his damage base increases about 15% over other arcane pets at his level. This value then scales into the other abilities and damaging attacks, including his shield buff. This is a COMPONENT of how abilities and effects damage and the like are calculated, so it does not implicitly mean that he will "just be stronger than every other arcane, period" as each ability for every pet has their own calculations of relevance. This serves to help his shield absorption, and overall passive damage.

- Nekro's lvl 40+ passive attack now has a 15% chance to stun. This adheres to the normal stun immunity in PvP

- Nekro's Activated Ability Cooldown decreased from 40 seconds to 26 seconds

- Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now deals more damage, as a result of his base attribute increase

- Nekro's passive attack rate has been increased from 1 attack every 2 seconds, to 1 attack every 1.8 seconds

- Fixed a bug related to his lvl 20-29 passive damage skill not doing its intended damage calculation

thoughts?
    You say the proposed stat changed would bring the primary stat totals up by 5. 10+10+10+30=60. Currently its 15+15+15+20=65. So total primary stats would actually be going down 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Nekro buff

Will be great to have nekro like this, thank you...
    About shield, what I see is when an attack is apply to me and shield is on shield disappear and am dead...
    Speed and decreased cooldown, yes now with speed I can run from red spots and with cooldown am not going to be jealous of the other's in party activating AA so fast.
    Good in passive attack, I will like too have nekro more near, cause sometimes am looking for him and he's like very very far missing the action, then I loose focus and am like: dude where are you, he's like: am comming, am comming...
    I will like the distance more likely samael, he don't miss the action.
    Nekro is not picking some essences too, if u could check that, I been near an essence and he's like I won't pick it up, go you, am like maan, come on! I'll feed you double this time...
    And Mana points I will love to get those 2 points in critical than in Mana, is too much for ask but maybe can think about it...
    Waiting for the buff and thanks for the time spending on this...
    AnduaN

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anduan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    You say the proposed stat changed would bring the primary stat totals up by 5. 10+10+10+30=60. Currently its 15+15+15+20=65. So total primary stats would actually be going down 5
    There's only one primary stat depending on your class.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    great overall package! one question regarding the additional speed buff: at the moment nekro slows enemies and will speed up players after the buff. how will that work out in pvp with nekro on each side? wich buff/debuff will win?

It says in addition so Nekro will still slow enemies unless I have misinterpreted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It says in addition so Nekro will still slow enemies unless I have misinterpreted?
    in a concurrent situation with nekro on both sides, what would happen? all canceled out, all slowed, all speed up... we know dmg debuff wins over dmg buff so i was wondering if a similar mechanism would be in place here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    in a concurrent situation with nekro on both sides, what would happen? all canceled out, all slowed, all speed up... we know dmg debuff wins over dmg buff so i was wondering if a similar mechanism would be in place here.

Debuffs overide buffs so everybody would be running with reduced speed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hey all!

We’ve been listening to feedback about Nekro, and that feedback has brought me to some ideas on how to improve him. Let's get started

- Nekro's Happiness bonus currently provides +15 all stats, +20 to primary, and +6 mana regen. This is a bit broad and not quite potent enough compared to other arcane's, given his crafting component. As such I'm proposing shifting these to +10 all stats, +30 to primary, and +8 mana regen. This brings the total for the primary stat up 5 points, without overdoing the stat bonuses. There has to be some give and take in this regard.

- Nekro receives a higher base damage then other pets in the game, including other arcane's. The overall net is the raw value of his damage base increases about 15% over other arcane pets at his level. This value then scales into the other abilities and damaging attacks, including his shield buff. This is a COMPONENT of how abilities and effects damage and the like are calculated, so it does not implicitly mean that he will "just be stronger than every other arcane, period" as each ability for every pet has their own calculations of relevance. This serves to help his shield absorption, and overall passive damage.

- Nekro's lvl 40+ passive attack now has a 15% chance to stun. This adheres to the normal stun immunity in PvP

- Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now deals more damage, as a result of his base attribute increase

- Nekro's passive attack rate has been increased from 1 attack every 2 seconds, to 1 attack every 1.8 seconds

- Fixed a bug related to his lvl 20-29 passive damage skill not doing its intended damage calculation

thoughts?
    Still not impressed with the stat one can get from crafting this exclusive pet. I would like to suggest few of the things in regard to new nekro.

Happiness bonus: 15 all stat and 30 primary stat, 15 per damage, 12 per crit, 8 mana regen 150hp

Explanation: there r legendary pets going similar to the current stat of pet. It takes time, effort and of course a loot/ purchase arcane fossil. Without these happiness bonus it ain't worth be similar match to shady and surge which was released almost around same time.

Arcane ability: dragon scale which ignores all 20 per damage while activated( doesn't stack with similar damage reduction), buffs allies with 5 str, int, dex +80 armor, increase speed by 30 perc for 5second. Slows down the enemy for 5second , 50 perc chance to panic.
    Arcane ability cool down 25 seconds.

Explanation: we've to consider both pvp and pve perspective at this point of time where we seriously lack defensive pet. The arcane ability is focused for those running elites and timed runs. If we talk about matching up with shady and surge, nekro can ignore the fraction of such damage from those pools with the damage reduction, armor. Even if stun at such pool one can activate the ability to somehow minimise the intense incoming damage.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hey all!

thoughts?
    Sneak Peek: New Pet Stats!
    Most of you have guessed by now that the "Something New" we teased a couple of weeks ago is indeed a new pet! You guys have been staring at the silhouette for a while now, so this time let's take a look at the stats!

Pet Name: Maridos

Happiness Bonus:
    12% Damage
    25 INT/DEX/STR
    10% Crit (does stack with AA!)
    2% Damage Reduction
    175 Health

Arcane Ability: Maridos' Blessing
    "Grants you and your allies 5% Crit, 15 INT, STR, DEX, 15% armor that reduces over time, and Maridos' power amplifies!"

Player
    15% Armor Bonus for owner and allies. Reduces over time, 15%, 12.5%, 10%, 7.5%, 5%, 2.5%, then gone.
    5% Crit for owner and allies
    +15 to all stats for owner and allies

Maridos
    25% Damage buff to Maridos
    100% Chance on doing damage to inflict debuff on nearby enemies that reduces armor 15%, crit 8%, and reduce speed to 75%

The effects of the ability last about 10 seconds total.

Passive Attacks:

level 1-9: Quick Strike
    Chance on attack to reduce armor 10%

level 10-19: Hammering Strike
    Chance on attack to reduce armor 10%, enemy hit chance -10%

level 20-29: Blessed Strikes
    Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%

level 30-39: Rain of Blows
    Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%, strikes multiple enemies

level 40+: Djinn's Fury
    Chance on Attack to reduce Armor 15%, enemy hit chance -20%, crit chance 3%, strikes multiple enemies
    1% chance on an attack to banish the enemy.

Note: Hit chance reductions apply to PVE only.

Just compare urslf the nekro vs maridos. Do u guys think the speed will make sense where the game is going towards stat, damage, crit favor? Even if this new nekro comes out it will remain a disgrace and won't match singe clearly stat wise.
    Hereby,
    Sns>samael> singe> nekro
    It's not fair at al..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Most of you have guessed by now that the "Something New" we teased a couple of weeks ago is indeed a new pet! You guys have been staring at the silhouette for a while now, so this time let's take a look at the stats!

Happiness Bonus:
    12% Damage
    25 INT/DEX/STR
    2% Damage Reduction
    175 Health

"Grants you and your allies 5% Crit, 15 INT, STR, DEX, 15% armor that reduces over time, and Maridos' power amplifies!"

Player
    15% Armor Bonus for owner and allies. Reduces over time, 15%, 12.5%, 10%, 7.5%, 5%, 2.5%, then gone.

Maridos
    100% Chance on doing damage to inflict debuff on nearby enemies that reduces armor 15%, crit 8%, and reduce speed to 75%

Passive Attacks:

Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%, strikes multiple enemies

Chance on Attack to reduce Armor 15%, enemy hit chance -20%, crit chance 3%, strikes multiple enemies

Just compare urslf the nekro vs maridos. Do u guys think the speed will make sense where the game is going towards stat, damage, crit favor? Even if this new nekro comes out it will remain a disgrace and won't match singe clearly stat wise.
    Hereby,
    Sns>samael> singe> nekro
    It's not fair at al..
    After thinking this over ,I agree to a certain extent but the cd on the nekro buff is a massive help and the movement speed is ok, im not to fussed about the moment speed tbh I don't pvp, but im sure it will be a massive help along with the 15 percent passive stun in pvp, pve wise those this pet still has nothing on shady and surge, a crit boost or damage boost is the only thing that will make me notice any benefit, but then again I feel this pet will be a massive improvement for pvp situations, just not pve it still sucks, the cooldown reduction is greatly appreciated but nothing else is any benefit to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    No no you got it wrong. 15 to all stats and 20 primary which means if your a rogue then 15 dex + 20 dex ( primary) = 35, now 10 to all stats and 30 primary means 10 dex + plus 30 (primary) = 40. Every class has only 1 set of primary stats. It would go up by 5 ONLY to your primary stat. +1 on the buff but I would like to see some critical added in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Pyrogenie; 01-20-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Still not impressed with the stat one can get from crafting this exclusive pet. I would like to suggest few of the things in regard to new nekro.

Happiness bonus: 15 all stat and 30 primary stat, 15 per damage, 12 per crit, 8 mana regen 150hp

Explanation: there r legendary pets going similar to the current stat of pet. It takes time, effort and of course a loot/ purchase arcane fossil. Without these happiness bonus it ain't worth be similar match to shady and surge which was released almost around same time.

Arcane ability: dragon scale which ignores all 20 per damage while activated( doesn't stack with similar damage reduction), buffs allies with 5 str, int, dex +80 armor, increase speed by 30 perc for 5second. Slows down the enemy for 5second , 50 perc chance to panic.
    Arcane ability cool down 25 seconds.

Explanation: we've to consider both pvp and pve perspective at this point of time where we seriously lack defensive pet. The arcane ability is focused for those running elites and timed runs. If we talk about matching up with shady and surge, nekro can ignore the fraction of such damage from those pools with the damage reduction, armor. Even if stun at such pool one can activate the ability to somehow minimise the intense incoming damage.
    I agree however , im saying the opposite this pet buff is a benefit to pvp players not pve players, this pet is all defence and no offence, which is great in pvp for strategy but for pve I just don't get how most of these things are going to benefit me I want a arcane pet that has the same primary stats as shady and surge I was all fpr ditching this pet and buying the new one, but even the new pet doesn't have the same primary stats as shady n surge, frustrating that 30 players have such a ridiculous advantage all pets are unique and that's great but, no pet is ever going to be on par with a pet none of us can obtain which leaves no balance and unfairness, give nekro 15 percent damage and 12 crit or give the new pet theese primary stats, otherwise things like timed leader board runs, and pvp are going to continue to be un balanced and unfair

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Will be better than breeze?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Will be better than breeze?
    Breeze is trash. AA is the only thing there which deserves a nerf in pvp. And yes I own breeze.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Let's buff samael too. And abaddon and slag and ripmaw.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There's only one primary stat depending on your class.
    Whoops misread that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Happiness Bonus:
    12% Damage
    25 INT/DEX/STR
    2% Damage Reduction
    175 Health

Player

Maridos

Passive Attacks:

Hereby,
    Sns>samael> singe> nekro
    It's not fair at al..
    If nekro still has the 10 crit with the other aforementioned changes i think it will beat out singe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

well thanks for another pet buff but what abt mages when we getting our buff?

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    I agree however , im saying the opposite this pet buff is a benefit to pvp players not pve players, this pet is all defence and no offence, which is great in pvp for strategy but for pve I just don't get how most of these things are going to benefit me I want a arcane pet that has the same primary stats as shady and surge I was all fpr ditching this pet and buying the new one, but even the new pet doesn't have the same primary stats as shady n surge, frustrating that 30 players have such a ridiculous advantage all pets are unique and that's great but, no pet is ever going to be on par with a pet none of us can obtain which leaves no balance and unfairness, give nekro 15 percent damage and 12 crit or give the new pet theese primary stats, otherwise things like timed leader board runs, and pvp are going to continue to be un balanced and unfair
    +1 Jade. I couldn't agree more. It's time sts once and for all, give us a pet comparable to sns that anyone can obtain. Believe it or not as a sns owner I actually completely understand the frustration possibly being the only person jealous of my own toon lol, I would like a pet as powerful as sns on another toon but as we all know there are none comparable at the moment. It's time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Did I just seriously read that you are planning on making his shield stronger?

May I remind you that we still have Scorch who can't even shield you from a brackenridge mob.
    He has a point. My Scorch is level 22 and when it comes to doing a dungeon, it's shield goes away so quickly.