Thread: How to balance pvp at all levels

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Default How to balance pvp at all levels

First I will talk about the general opinion about current pvp balance at various levels followed by possible changed that could be made. Let me know what you all think

Lvls 1-20:
    Not much to say here other than warriors are a bit overpowered under lvl 20. Primarily this is due to the massive 50 str boost that they can receive from a charged vengeful blood. Rogues in general are pretty balanced here. Mages are underpowered.

Lvl 23: Everybody who plays at this lvl claims its the most balanced bracket of all so i guess nothing should really change here other than buffs to mages.

Lvl 26-41: lvl 26 is where rogues start to one combo people with hooks and at endgame rogues can pretty much oneshot people. Additionally, rogue critical hit chance is starting to get out of control as ive seen lvl 41 rogues with over 50 crit. Add on the aimed shot buffs and they can temporarily reach 80% crit. Rogues definitely need to be adjusted at these levels. Warriors in general seem to be the most balanced class these levels. Rogues and warriors flipped positions from lower levels to higher levels. And as always, mages need some buffs.

Proposals:

Warrior: the biggest thing i think should be adjusted is the vengeful blood ability. Rather than just giving flat 50 str i think this ability should scale based upon level. This change would bring warriors more in line at the lower levels aswell as being a more viable ability for lategame. Not much else to say about warriors overall they are probably the most balanced class in the game

Rogue: as far as lvls 1-20 i think rogues should just be left alone. They are balanced just fine at these levels as is. But for lvls 26-41 i would propose either nerfing rogue dmg an additional 10% starting at lvl 26 or better yet, adjust the scaling on aimed shot. The main reason rogues are overpowered at higher levels is due to the insanely high dmg numbers they can reach with a critical hit on aimed shot. If the scaling was was reduced so that on a critical hit it would deal maybe 60-70% of the dmg it deals currently. This way people would no longer be oneshot by a critical hit aimed shot. Another possible nerf could be to set a hard cap on critical hit % at maybe 50% or 60% in the pvp room. This will prevent rogues from achieving crazy high crit chance and eventually 100% in the future.

Sorcerers: if only one class were to be adjusted it would definitely have to be the sorcerer class. The primary issue with sorcerers currently is their survivability and squishy-ness. So the abilities that should be adjusted are the arcane shield and lifegiver. As for lifegiver, we all know the regen upgrades on it are pathetically weak because they are still scaled to lvl 16. I would propose replacing the health regen upgrade with something similar to the heal over time given by rogues' combat medic. This would provide a significant increase in their total healing. And for arcane shield, i would propose reducing the cooldown by another second, and replacing the knockback upgrade(which is useless because mages have to use their shield before getting to close to enemies or they just die) with an upgrade that would provide 25 percent dmg reduction for maybe 5 seconds after the mages shield has worn off. These 2 changes would greatly improve mages survivability.

All these numbers could be subject to change ofc so i would have you focus more on the ideas behind the changes. Pls let me know what you guys think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The problem at lower levels is not that sorcerers are too squishy. The problem is that we do not cause enough damage. I have max geared level 10 sorcerer with 3 para gems making 130 damage. To put that in perspective, I'm in the #1 level 10 pvp guild, Red Legion, and I don't know anyone in the guild that has more damage than me, rogues included. Yet there are some warriors in my guild that are so strong that I cannot kill them even if they don't fight back, they can just sit there and keep healing themselves. Making me less squishy is NOT going to change that. Either warriors must have reduced armor or health, or else I need to be able to cause more damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Well as is now, everything is somewhat balanced or complexly balanced.

I crit lvl 13 warrior with max items at 600+ thats max. Reducing their hp will cause em to be drop faster.

Well increasing sorcs damage too much will cause em to kill everyone fast. They are aoe nuke but i agree they need a slight damage boost.

Rog will we already have a damage reduction of 10% when in arena + the damage % bonus of your pet will be reduced from your total damage. Reducing more will make me, us rogues feel antagonize. So damage reduction will not be the case but armor reduction.

So warrior who deals ok damage plus high survivability, mage aoe nuke still squishy but have shield and rogue single target nuke still squishy but have heal packs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post

I crit lvl 13 warrior with max items at 600+ thats max. Reducing their hp will cause em to be drop faster.

Well increasing sorcs damage too much will cause em to kill everyone fast. They are aoe nuke but i agree they need a slight damage boost.

Rog will we already have a damage reduction of 10% when in arena + the damage % bonus of your pet will be reduced from your total damage. Reducing more will make me, us rogues feel antagonize. So damage reduction will not be the case but armor reduction.

So warrior who deals ok damage plus high survivability, mage aoe nuke still squishy but have shield and rogue single target nuke still squishy but have heal packs.
    I said nerf rogue dmg more at lvl 26 and above

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The problem at lower levels is not that sorcerers are too squishy. The problem is that we do not cause enough damage. I have max geared level 10 sorcerer with 3 para gems making 130 damage. To put that in perspective, I'm in the #1 level 10 pvp guild, Red Legion, and I don't know anyone in the guild that has more damage than me, rogues included. Yet there are some warriors in my guild that are so strong that I cannot kill them even if they don't fight back, they can just sit there and keep healing themselves. Making me less squishy is NOT going to change that. Either warriors must have reduced armor or health, or else I need to be able to cause more damage.
    Does warrior vs warrior with heal ever end? No. Should we increase warrior dmg then?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post

You answered my question cause I don't pvp but I've read threads before stating that rogues take a damage nerf when they enter the arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Pvp balance is not yet meant to based on 1 on 1 battles. There is no 1 v 1 arena. I'm a very well geared rogue and get 1 shot too. I also get fireball stun crit Lightning smashed too. I have 4415 health, 625 damage and 1734 armor. Maybe a crit cap at some number. Imo balance should be more based on making all classes important for the two team pvp games we have. Something need to be done with Mages so that its optimal to have them in party instead of 3 warrs 2 rogue for clash. Same with warriors in pve. All classes must have strength and all classes must have weaknesses. Pets should be used to improve either. It is in rogues best interest to use tanks as damage absorbers and Mages too imo.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Warrior vb already is glitched since it only gives 45 str.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hello all fellow legends & MOD/DEV, after reading so many threads about {PVP balance}, {Buff/Debuff}, {Pet's Nerfing} and etc.
    Can anyone in STG please enlighten us as to when you're going to really overhaul the current system, as you can see now, even before any new pets or items release, we can foresee some of the outcomes. But I don't think that buff/nerf should be the long term solutions as it will affect the economic situation in Arlor.
    If possible, redesign those LB/PVP APs first, then maybe a 1 Vs 1 PVP room/arena. Or ban pets in PVP altogether. (Many will hate me for these , some will agree too.)
    No offences, just some ideas.

Acba, Level 41 Warrior - Guild Master @ Exclusive Limited Edition
    Actfast, Level 41 Rogue - Officer @ University Of Kraag
    Shazbolt, Level 41 Sorcerer - Officer @ University Of Kraag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I agree on the endgame rogues part. Imo, they should take out the -10% dmg but nerf aimed shot instead on pvp. Well geared rogues can one shot ppl now even if theyre not even on max gear (endgame at least). Maybe less crit dmg for aimed shots on pvp would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

One of the most effective skills is curse, if the enemy doesn't attack you he will alsk not be affected by it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default How to balance pvp at all levels

^this for 26 as well.
    Remember though, we don't have an armor debuff. That could be part of the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

The issue is that if you nerf rogues an additional 10%, only the max geared rogues (who populate the forums, by the way) will be able to cope. STS already screwed up when they made the bow and ring and amulet so much of a difference from the legendary best (except Imbued). A weapon that gives 90 damage, an amulet that gives 500 HP...there was seriously no need for this.

Next cap, damage will reach the 1000s, and by then it'll be too late...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    The issue is that if you nerf rogues an additional 10%, only the max geared rogues (who populate the forums, by the way) will be able to cope. STS already screwed up when they made the bow and ring and amulet so much of a difference from the legendary best (except Imbued). A weapon that gives 90 damage, an amulet that gives 500 HP...there was seriously no need for this.

Next cap, damage will reach the 1000s, and by then it'll be too late...
    Rogs already can ._. They would go 1500....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The.only thing that wd balance pvp is to give us gear just for pvp so only skill counts and to those op pets shld be overlooked too. Only then there will be some more or less balance. We need pvp gear, 1v1,2v2 pvp rooms, highly new pvp maps.

Peace ✌

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

THIS------>"""But for lvls 26-41 i would propose either nerfing rogue dmg an additional 10% starting at lvl 26 or better yet, adjust the scaling on aimed shot. The main reason rogues are overpowered at higher levels is due to the insanely high dmg numbers they can reach with a critical hit on aimed shot. If the scaling was was reduced so that on a critical hit it would deal maybe 60-70% of the dmg it deals currently. This way people would no longer be oneshot by a critical hit aimed shot. Another possible nerf could be to set a hard cap on critical hit % at maybe 50% or 60% in the pvp room. This will prevent rogues from achieving crazy high crit chance and eventually 100% in the future."" <------THIS