Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tindirin Wilds Changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Sorry, I have to say this because it's a huge pet peeve - the class is ROGUE. Rouge is a kind of makeup, and / or the color red in French.

In any case, warrior issues in PvE need to be addressed - there's a whole lot of different reasons, but basically runs take way longer with a Fatty, so why would anyone want to take one?
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-23-2015 at 05:22 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    In any case, warrior issues in PvE need to be addressed - there's a whole lot of different reasons, but basically runs take way longer with a Fatty, so why would anyone want to take one?
    ^^ Agrees.

I love this game, I love playing it, but don't force me and others out based on unreasonable game mechanics.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-23-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Also with the decreased pull radius it really messes things up in the last map of nord. When you get flung a ridiculous amount aways from the mobs. You go outside the area and mobs reset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Good evening,
    I havent ran the new tindrin map but even without running it the recent scenario is that tanks are generally unwanted as we slow down parties, as pointed out, a tank's purpose in elite runs is almost obsolete, it would be great if STS can evaluate the warrior skills and from my experience.
    Modesty aside i believe that my gear is rather maxed and i have one of the rare crit build warrior set ups which can reach 50crit at 700dmg with 800dps and thats with elix but in no way am i as efficient as a medium geared rogue.
    Though i understand giving warriors more crit and dmg wont solve the problem the points mentioned on allowing wars to debuff mons and bosses can be the next way to evolve out class. I may be mistaken but if i remember correctly there was a time when chestsplitter was able to cancell boss special attacks either that or the feeble upgrade was just that effective this is like an option for pve runs.
    I sincerely hope that sts looks into this.
    Thanks for reading
    Maarkus
    Agreed. I have what's to be a considered max/near max warrior too but my friends and guildmates always tell me to switch to my rogue. My rogue is not fully geared, yet preferred.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Just did elite wilds. It had been a long time I did this with tombs, events and everything. The pull zone of mobs is really funny (not in the good way). If this is implemented for all maps it could make some of them pretty bad (due to inability to park). Anyways About the tanks: at max gear I could imagine that they are not needed. At low to mid gear they are very useful actually, especially in tombs and arena (no protection lix, which changes things a lot). I have the feeling that mobs scale differently when there is a tank present though. They just take longer to kill, but maybe this is just wrong perception.

Anyway I think that the main problem is in the skills of the warriors. I have a lvl 31 tank (experience gain stopped), which has pretty much maxed gear for his lvl, except arcane maul and I find him unbearably slow to play. Dude takes forever (perceived as compared to my lvl 41 rogue and mage) the bosses in the story quests?!? Dude has over 300 damage. Dunno what is wrong with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Thank you guys for sharig my concern.

I realy hope devs take this in consideration and give us some utility in end game again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I'm a rogue and I hate the new mob arrangement as well. It makes Tindirin looks like Brackenridge. With the previous arrangement I could use the mobs to show guildmates of every class how to coordinate and rotate skills and it was fun even on the normal map. Now it's meh, no challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Maybe rogues have to much armor? When something starts hitting them it should send them running. The most powerful attackers should drop like flies without protection from the tanks and mages. Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlb2005 View Post
    Maybe rogues have to much armor? When something starts hitting them it should send them running. The most powerful attackers should drop like flies without protection from the tanks and mages. Just my opinion.
    Oh believe me rogues with legendary and semi-mythic gear are running, as they get one or to hit by most of the mobs in elite tindirin. It is just those with truly maxed gear (1% of the population)that are not and the problem there, If u can call it a problem, is that they have 5 k health, relatively high armour and in many of the instances protection lix is used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Bumped just for the Devs
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I really dnt know y even warrior exist here LOL.
    to heal party? XD there's cheap potion.
    and being a warrior and getting one shot in elites or tombs like rogue and mage sucks.

in PL and SL, tanks are so usefull.
    Bears are OP tank in PL.
    then SL Commando

AL warriors comes no close. to above. and
    here Rogues are beast.

now tthese Tindirin Wilds. Always favouring rogue.....EVERYTIME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    I really dnt know y even warrior exist here LOL.
    This is the question I've been asking myself a lot lately. Do I invest further in a useless character, do I go rogue (which I really don't want to) or do I just give up after completing the new expansion.

Imma see what the new expansion brings and any changes that are positive for the warrior class, if any.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-24-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    I understand what you say, on a not so good geared PT it can be helpfull to still have them on PT, which might be most of the cases tbh now that I think on that....

But in a more hardcorea and geared PT there is realy no need for warrs....
    I love warriors and my braggadocio warrior bRo. Also tanks are the best class for elites and i dont get it why ppl dont value them, they allow more survival of mages and rogues with HoR. They have amazing capabilities to park which a mage can do but for a very short period. Tanks are known to survive longer than any other class. Their high hp and armor helps them to survive. I personally have seen u skippleggaday but i have no idea about how u play as tank i heard that u are a great tank to have! tanks are fierce wars who can panic. can sts buff their chances of panicing their enemies in pvp? I feel that 1/4 CS isnt so good for elites.

As for mages, we can literally blow the heck out of mobs in a normal dungeon in solo and multiple ppl. I personally stun lock my target through gale and fireball allowing me to kill them fAster. I have tried other classes and was impressed with all of them. Mages need more stuns in elites. I dont think we can stun much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

yeah, and increase rally cry AoE range, add more party buffs to mage's skill
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Good evening,
    I havent ran the new tindrin map but even without running it the recent scenario is that tanks are generally unwanted as we slow down parties, as pointed out, a tank's purpose in elite runs is almost obsolete, it would be great if STS can evaluate the warrior skills and from my experience.
    Modesty aside i believe that my gear is rather maxed and i have one of the rare crit build warrior set ups which can reach 50crit at 700dmg with 800dps and thats with elix but in no way am i as efficient as a medium geared rogue.
    Though i understand giving warriors more crit and dmg wont solve the problem the points mentioned on allowing wars to debuff mons and bosses can be the next way to evolve out class. I may be mistaken but if i remember correctly there was a time when chestsplitter was able to cancell boss special attacks either that or the feeble upgrade was just that effective this is like an option for pve runs.
    I sincerely hope that sts looks into this.
    Thanks for reading
    Maarkus
    good points bro..
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

1. Make Axe Throw pull all bosses without exceptions.
    2. Make the aggro snatching skills' effect ABSOLUTE throughout skill's duration.
    3. Include stronger party buffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    2. Make the aggro snatching skills' effect ABSOLUTE throughout skill's duration.
    3. Include stronger party buffs.
    Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me to run with tanks all the time. Give me debuffs....and lots of them.

The issue isn't so much that we need tanks to hold aggro all the time (which even average tanks are capable of doing), rather, having tanks in party isn't as helpful as it was back in Kraken and Nordr. Now, having a tank in party means the run will take longer.

Most DPS classes are looking for farming efficiency (since we all know it is exceedingly difficult to make any positive cashflow from farming alone). If having a tank means you get in one or two less runs during a reroll elixir, then, most would agree that it isn't a worthwhile tradeoff.

Having a tank shouldn't slow you down, it should just open up different strategies.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I totally agree with everything said here. Somebody suggested giving tanks the ability of 1 if their skills to apply a 50% armor debuff on boss. I think it is a great idea.

This sort of idea has already been implemented in the maul, which even today has the best proc of any weapon in the game. Recently I ran arena with 3 rogues including myself and a maul tank. 1 of the rogues was maxed out, with ring and amulet but both of the other rogues were lacking ring and 1 was lacking amulet too (me). We had a mauler with us and guess what? Our runs took about 5 minutes on average, depending in arena effect. I don't think a fourth rogue wudve im proved the time taken. He/she may not worsen but it definitely would not have been improved. The only difference would be the number of ankh and pots spent per run. Anyways, as I was saying with a mauler the runs were sufficiently fast for me to actually want a tank in our party. Thing is, not all tanks can afford a maul and the tank in our party at the time was pretty much standing in 1 spot spamming auto attack, throwing out a horn to keep aggro and a ss to move to where the boss was, but that's about it. Instead of making tanks pay 9-10m for this skill, add it to windmill as an upgrade.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

50% armor debuff is too much of a game changer. Half the time that takes to kill a boss? Then we complain about useless hordes of pinks and nothing to farm? Not even going to mention PvP (assuming this is purely a PvE discussion).

Maybe a restriction like no more than two of each class members per run.
    Last edited by Madnex; 01-24-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    *Pulls Rendtail* xD