Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warriors we want to play to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Warriors we want to play to!

Sts,

The warrior character wants to be able to play end game to. The current set up does not allow warriors to be able to play end game. You constantly see need dps or need rouge in guilds. This is why you go in arena and its always tanks waiting. Other warriors and myself find ourselves searching for parties longer than actually playing the game. I understand warriors suppose to take damage in arcane legends but that joke image of what a warrior really is, is back firing. What you have is people not wanting to run with warriors because we don't deal enough damage and it takes to long. My suggestion is to buff warriors in pve not saying pvp but pve. WE WANT TO PLAY TO!

Honestly,
    Legend

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to legendarytelly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Yep the arena is just like warriors do nothing.
    same with tombs if you do proper pulls.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I personally prefer running with a warrior if they are good at taking aggro.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Let axe throw work on arena bosses!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yes, i just started warrior and noticed itz weeak at damage

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TastyChickens For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It's seriously hard getting in game parties because everyone wants dps at least give us the ability to lower armor find a way to make us useful in tombs and arena something

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legendarytelly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytelly View Post
    Sts,

The warrior character wants to be able to play end game to. The current set up does not allow warriors to be able to play end game. You constantly see need dps or need rouge in guilds. This is why you go in arena and its always tanks waiting. Other warriors and myself find ourselves searching for parties longer than actually playing the game. I understand warriors suppose to take damage in arcane legends but that joke image of what a warrior really is, is back firing. What you have is people not wanting to run with warriors because we don't deal enough damage and it takes to long. My suggestion is to buff warriors in pve not saying pvp but pve. WE WANT TO PLAY TO!

Honestly,
    Legend
    I hope STS looks into the matter, as the situation is getting worse for warriors in PVE. It's not about stats or getting the OP gear endgame anymore, Warriors just slow down the party.

As mentioned in a different post, modesty aside I have practically maxed or near maxed gear ( as Ravagerx puts it) and as and I am not as efficient as a rogue with medium gear in elite runs. My stats reach 50crit 700dmg and 800dps and yet a medium geared rogue is more efficient.

I have come to terms that increasing damage and Dps is not enough, thus it tried to increase my crit percentage which helped but it's still not enough.

It's really the warrior skills that have to be reviewed as this is where the game fails the Warriors.
    I'm not a programmer nor do I understand how hard it is to do but when I look at warrior skills the foundations are there:
    Skyward smash, it mentions 'increased damage during critic als' why not buff this part of the skill to act like the aimed shot of rogues
    Chest splitter has feeble, why not adapt it to cancel boss Windups like it used to in earlier seasons.
    Axe has an armor rebuff of 10percent why not increase this percentage and add it to wind mill as well
    Juggernaut skill and not just taunts but taunts need to have a duration wherein the aggro counter doesn't just reset but stays locked on the tauting warrior for at least 3 seconds to help us keep aggro better, this I say coz as soon as we taunt and a rogue crits it the mobs just refocus to the rogue, effectively we taunt for barely a second as rogues crit constantly.
    Rally cry why just buff party why not apply the debuff to mobs as well?

I hope that the matter is seriously looked at by STS because my fear is that STS looks at warrior stats in the monitor and says 'at end game with proper gear, Warriors are fine' this is not seriously the case.

STS hopefully looks at the social dynamics as well, as mentioned previously by other forumers we Warriors slow down the run time of parties thus less efficient, can't maximise elixir thus rogues prefer to party with rogues or mages. It's already a mentality now, get Dps it's faster, what's STS doesn't see on stats is how this affects warrior players by making the player feel inadequate and unwanted making the player lose confidence and determination to build a better warrior but just asks him/herself why not just make a rogue or a mage so that friends won't invite me to a party out of pity.

Thanks for reading and I hope STS does do something as I love the game.

Maarkus

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Re warrior being near obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytelly View Post
    Sts,

Honestly,
    Legend
    I hope STS looks into the matter, as the situation is getting worse for warriors in PVE. It's not about stats or getting the OP gear endgame anymore, Warriors just slow down the party.

As mentioned in a different post, modesty aside I have practically maxed or near maxed gear ( as Ravagerx puts it) and as and I am not as efficient as a rogue with medium gear in elite runs. My stats reach 50crit 700dmg and 800dps and yet a medium geared rogue is more efficient.

I have come to terms that increasing damage and Dps is not enough, thus it tried to increase my crit percentage which helped but it's still not enough.

It's really the warrior skills that have to be reviewed as this is where the game fails the Warriors.
    I'm not a programmer nor do I understand how hard it is to do but when I look at warrior skills the foundations are there:
    Skyward smash, it mentions 'increased damage during critic als' why not buff this part of the skill to act like the aimed shot of rogues
    Chest splitter has feeble, why not adapt it to cancel boss Windups like it used to in earlier seasons.
    Axe has an armor rebuff of 10percent why not increase this percentage and add it to wind mill as well
    Juggernaut skill and not just taunts but taunts need to have a duration wherein the aggro counter doesn't just reset but stays locked on the tauting warrior for at least 3 seconds to help us keep aggro better, this I say coz as soon as we taunt and a rogue crits it the mobs just refocus to the rogue, effectively we taunt for barely a second as rogues crit constantly.
    Rally cry why just buff party why not apply the debuff to mobs as well?

I hope that the matter is seriously looked at by STS because my fear is that STS looks at warrior stats in the monitor and says 'at end game with proper gear, Warriors are fine' this is not seriously the case.

STS hopefully looks at the social dynamics as well, as mentioned previously by other forumers we Warriors slow down the run time of parties thus less efficient, can't maximise elixir thus rogues prefer to party with rogues or mages. It's already a mentality now, get Dps it's faster, what's STS doesn't see on stats is how this affects warrior players by making the player feel inadequate and unwanted making the player lose confidence and determination to build a better warrior but just asks him/herself why not just make a rogue or a mage so that friends won't invite me to a party out of pity.

Thanks for reading and I hope STS does do something as I love the game.

Maarkus

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Warrior's skill CS was OP in season 1 LOL..
    cancellation of boss skill and debuffing crit in elite bael and elite jarl made farming easy.

and party was consisted mainly 2war+ rogue+sorc.
    or war+2sorc+rogue.

after season 2, idk y sts buffed boss or nerfed warrior CS coz of that warrior became obsolete as CS no longer does it job other then debuff crit.

and now more obsolete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This post is so true,

And war skills in pve needs buff and should do what the description says.

Juggernaut should hold aggre for per sec on an 8 sec duration and not just each time you cast an aggre skill.

Alot more changes need to be done for wars in pve, kindly review it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Totally agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Totally true. This is what i mean and post in the last weekly update. I hope they do something and change this quick, cause this is a real problem. Warrior is still the unbalanced char. here ... hope we can see it early.

Harteschale is a Warrior lvl 46, Officer of Alte Garde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

It's not about buffing warrior like buffing mage. Warrior skill set is outdated. There was another thread that outlined warrior toon concerns and how inept it is in end game pve. Concerns where not only made by some top endgame warriors but also by others who play as rogues and mages.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I think a big part of the problem is STS never sticking to their guns, so to speak. They make highly challenging content, and when the dps discover they die in 4-rogue parties, they complain that it's too hard. STS immediately (within a week or two) lowers the difficulty level until the complaints go away. There is no need for anyone to adapt, use other classes, or (heaven forbid) figure out how to play strategically.

Parking should not be an option. Elite difficulty levels, especially in the "most challenging content in the game," should be set where dps teams can not run it. Make us NEED a warrior and we will use them.

The other problem is that when things like this are implemented, people with legendary gear complain that they are too poor and can't hack it. Well, them's the breaks. A lot of warriors worked their butts off for 2 years to get to this point, as did the high-end dps players.

Why should people who have been playing a month be able to run the same level maps as those who have worked for hundreds of hours saving up to get the best gear? If you are undergeared, there are tons of normal maps to play.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

They did mention a skill overhaul might appear this season or next season.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I think a big part of the problem is STS never sticking to their guns, so to speak. They make highly challenging content, and when the dps discover they die in 4-rogue parties, they complain that it's too hard. STS immediately (within a week or two) lowers the difficulty level until the complaints go away. There is no need for anyone to adapt, use other classes, or (heaven forbid) figure out how to play strategically.

Parking should not be an option. Elite difficulty levels, especially in the "most challenging content in the game," should be set where dps teams can not run it. Make us NEED a warrior and we will use them.

The other problem is that when things like this are implemented, people with legendary gear complain that they are too poor and can't hack it. Well, them's the breaks. A lot of warriors worked their butts off for 2 years to get to this point, as did the high-end dps players.

Why should people who have been playing a month be able to run the same level maps as those who have worked for hundreds of hours saving up to get the best gear? If you are undergeared, there are tons of normal maps to play.
    People with the biggest voices on forums mostly consist of Rogues(no personal digs at people its just the way it is)which is why game has been favouring that class it seems for quite a while.

Good post.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I wrote a similar thread couple of days ago about that:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Wilds-Changes

I gotta say Im realy glad to see some of the more experienced players, even from other classes, to share my concern.
    And some realy good sugestions were made:

- No parking
    - No nerfing coz a 4 rogue party cant finish map
    - Skills outdated, some more debuffs needed

I wont say that I have dificult finding pt for tombs or elite, I have some good friends that let me tag along, even though I slow them down (thank you all for that!!!!!!). But would be nice once in a while looking at guild chat and see someone asking for a warrior.

As Maarkus said, this is a mentality that was set and will be hard to break and this leads to other issues: since you dont get pts it might make u question yourself about your skills as a Warr and lead you to make a Rogue, pretty soon making Warriors outdated even more.

Id realy like to see how STS intends to overcome this issue. You guys said that a new Skill system (or redesign) is coming, I dont know it it will sufice but it MIGHT be a start.

Can some dev/mod share with us how you guys intend to do to "fix" this issue? Is this a concern to you guys?
    Last edited by ueveotadeo; 01-26-2015 at 07:48 AM.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

my decision to quit endgame was probably the best decision i made, i played endgame warrior with every top gear possible that the current cap has to offer. Despite all these high end gears, I still find myself lacking in terms of pve, in that, i always imagined that if it were a rogue in my slot during elite runs, it would be a helluva lot faster.

the plight of this thread is very true, with rogues gettin more powerful with every gear release not only in PVP but in PVE as well, I fear that it will come to a point where the other two classes will be rendered completely irrelevant. gone are the days where you see people in guildchat post messages like "need warr for elite runs", nowadays youll only see people chanting "pt elite, need dps", sad to say, but ive already completely come to terms that being a warr is not the way if you want to play endgame. sts may or may not do something about it, but if they do, salute to all the warriors who are still hopeful to be of any use at endgame in the future, besides being a pimped up meat shield in PVP of course.
    Last edited by Svvords; 01-26-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Svvords For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    "pt elite, need dps"
    When they say that they realy mean "pt elite, need Rogue, but we could accept mages"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

one more thing, the only real solution i see in the current setup is to put a limiter when organizing pts, maybe 1 warr 1 mage 2 rogues as a standard, so that even in timed runs, warriors gets to participate, but then again, thats just me
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!