Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warriors we want to play to!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agrred warrior got it tough

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Maybe youre just out of luck. Theres plenty of warriors being demanded for arena, tomb, and other elite runs. However, its those who know how to tank very well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Twix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Maybe youre just out of luck. Theres plenty of warriors being demanded for arena, tomb, and other elite runs. However, its those who know how to tank very well.
    Dunno where you hearing that demand... I haven't seen anybody ask for a tank in probably a year... unless it was for pvp.

I think maybe your hearing voices, lol

:-D
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. I really appreciate all of the feedback on this. I think there needs to be adjustments to every class at end game, and they all deserve another look at how they work with the other classes so everyone is useful in PvE and PvP.

We'll be taking a deep dive into that this year along with the skill system.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Class-Combos

^^
    Maybe it's finally time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    With this, do we toss the idea of adding ankhs and pots to arena chests?
    Well that makes no odds either way people will remain to buy/depend on theese ank kits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    Well that makes no odds either way people will remain to buy/depend on theese ank kits
    I was thinking people probably consume a bit more pots and ankhs when running without a warrior. But in some cases maybe not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    This is exactly why I quit my end game warrior. Nothing to do with because no one really needs a warrior in party.
    I really hope CS cancel and AT pull to work in pve.

Tank's high armor seems make the boss harder too.
    This should be fixed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yeah, tanks scale the armor to be higher at a boss, and most tanks do slow down a run to the point it costs you anks like in arena with the enrage thing. They're just not dealing enough damage. I always said, nothing should be able to walk away from a heavy crit skyward smash of a warrior, but as it is, it does barely nothing.

Rogues are expensive to play, but the damage they deal is second to none. Defensive or full offensive warriors make little to no difference, it's always the rogue.
    This is something that has been discussed and researched for the last year. Since we can't accurately test hp and armour of mobs and bosses, there is no hard data that can be obtained by players in this regard. However, it is agreed by almost all senior players, especially those from season 1 and 2, that mobs and bosses are much harder to kill with a fully geared warrior in the room. We ran some tests with a fully geared warrior vs a naked warrior, and there was no doubt remaining at the end that it took significantly longer to kill a boss with the fully geared warrior.

STS's official statement is that scaling is only based on number of people present and the level of those people. Until they realize we're not fabricating this phenomenon and take a long, hard look at the code, there is no chance of this bug being found and squashed.

When 80% of the players agree that things are more difficult with a warrior, it's not just someone trying to make waves. If anyone actually looked at the parties running elite, and compared the number of parties using warrior against those that are dps only, and that should be a clue.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytelly View Post
    Sts,

The warrior character wants to be able to play end game to. The current set up does not allow warriors to be able to play end game. You constantly see need dps or need rouge in guilds. This is why you go in arena and its always tanks waiting. Other warriors and myself find ourselves searching for parties longer than actually playing the game. I understand warriors suppose to take damage in arcane legends but that joke image of what a warrior really is, is back firing. What you have is people not wanting to run with warriors because we don't deal enough damage and it takes to long. My suggestion is to buff warriors in pve not saying pvp but pve. WE WANT TO PLAY TO!

Honestly,
    Legend
    very agreeeeeee with you bro. STS please grant our wish the warrior of Arcane Legends, we need more damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This is something that has been discussed and researched for the last year. Since we can't accurately test hp and armour of mobs and bosses, there is no hard data that can be obtained by players in this regard. However, it is agreed by almost all senior players, especially those from season 1 and 2, that mobs and bosses are much harder to kill with a fully geared warrior in the room. We ran some tests with a fully geared warrior vs a naked warrior, and there was no doubt remaining at the end that it took significantly longer to kill a boss with the fully geared warrior.

STS's official statement is that scaling is only based on number of people present and the level of those people. Until they realize we're not fabricating this phenomenon and take a long, hard look at the code, there is no chance of this bug being found and squashed.

When 80% of the players agree that things are more difficult with a warrior, it's not just someone trying to make waves. If anyone actually looked at the parties running elite, and compared the number of parties using warrior against those that are dps only, and that should be a clue.
    There were some hard datas where warrior with and without armor try mobs HP.
    But honestly difference of 200 WARRIORs dmg makes NOTHING in elite with rogues and mages in party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Im endgame warrior. And i want post something here too.
    Now with imbued rogs can reach 1.8k armor and with dodge they throw warriors out. They can tank easily and also with their dmg run lot of faster.(same pty with 3rogs 1 tank is slower in arena than 3rogs in trio). Also warrior in pty scale mobs n bosses higher than other classes. So when warriors scaling enemies higher, with our low dmg cant do any dmg. And rogues can easily hold agrro theres no way how to profit with tank in party. Its sad and im not glad that i opened sam on mine tank (I should build rogue up). also u said that u will fix all this year.....so u want all tanks leave this game n w8 half year to fix this? Maybe it will fix easy update whitch will add to every tank in elite +50% damage (or maybe more because with mine 700dmg i do nothing there...). Or turn off high tank scaling....

Its so simple....bring warriors back to game!
    Last edited by Jakubson; 01-27-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Of course warriors slow down the runs, especially when 2 of his skills eg: jug and heal don't help his dmg at all.

Rogues manage just fine without a warrior in pt without any heal skills. Why should warrior use heal?

I recommend this build for warriors who can tap potions fast: ss, cs, wind, venge for mobs and swap wind for cs at boss.
    This will give you alot of damage and a little bit of taunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    I recommend this build for warriors who can tap potions fast: ss, cs, wind, venge for mobs and swap wind for cs at boss.
    U will be hitting more but I dont think it will make a huge difference. Maybe mobs will be killed faster but at boss it wont make a huge difference.

For mob control we already have mages, Im not here to do their job. As GoodSyntax pointed out, warrior skills should be refactored so we see an improvement on boss fights. 10% armor reduction on Axe Throw is just too low, it should be at least double,CS should have a high chance to stop boss attacks, Rally Cry should debuff and have a wider range and Jugg should retain aggro for some time...those are just some suggestions made by other players that I think would realy boost our need on runs....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Of course warriors slow down the runs, especially when 2 of his skills eg: jug and heal don't help his dmg at all.

Rogues manage just fine without a warrior in pt without any heal skills. Why should warrior use heal?

We tested with a fully geared warrior, with and without gear on. The runs were faster with him naked. In fact, he put on lesser and lesser quality gear and the runs got easier and easier. The skills are not the issue, the scaling is.

I don't know why anyone would use Jugg in PvE anyways. But that's another discussion that's prone to explode whenever it comes up. I have actually used a no-heal build that is similar to what you are describing. My dps didn't miss the heal at all.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I was referred to this thread by friends. I gotta say they were right: laughed a lot while I was reading. This on a side note.

On the topic of people not needing tanks. Well might be right with Max gear. Not true in legendary, semi-myth parties. So before making any more lol suggestion and deem them "pro", please do think about the gear gap. Maybe it is normal that a maxed tank can't get a maxed DPS party, when a maxed rogue/mage practically has DOUBLE the stats of one with the best legendary gear ( not talking about damage only, but also about health, mana, crit...). And no best legendary gear is NOT 10 mil per piece imbued gear.

Then u say make content challenging, but it already is for most people. Do u think that it is coincidence than one meets the same 50-100 people in the planar tombs hub?

That being said, I do agree that tanks need some tweaking, but the main problem as of now is how strong the two DPS classes become with Max and at same time the impossibility to make content viable for Max gear only for very obvious reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

No way war should be using jugg in pve.

"what goes up will come down"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to famousfame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I love running with warrior. Maybe because I don't rush. But I can see how people don't want warriors as most of people are addicted to pace. Can't blame them as Time is money.
    If I don't run with a warrior, its only when he dsn't have ankhs, doesn't listen to Dos and Don'ts or don't have taunts.
    But still I do see lots of my warrior guildies/friends have to sit out in towns. Its sad. Not to mention I have not played my warrior for a decade.

Warrior can't be dps damage class cuz every class has their roles.
    Maybe to make warriors wanted in pts, they can adopt new skills such debuffing mobs bosses, boosting parties by huge, boosting crits and most importantly Make taunts more effective so it is very well noticeable and game changer.
    also fix the mobs' scaling with warriors HP ARMORS…

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I prefere one tank in party, but most random tanks seems to have no aggro skills and like kiting bosses or run from boss or what it is they doing.. so if any on friends list on, they get first pick. (Have few tank friends, most choose tank since they live longest and its easy in pvp, they not that conserned about the tanking part, if u played with me and kept aggro, ive sent friend request or accepted youres).

That beeing said, tank was my first toon, was so tired of beeing left alone on random maps and not able to kill a thing alone that i paused it at 27 i think it was(allways had min 3 aggro skills, mosty 4). Then capped a rogue then this mage and later more mages.. Have capped the warrior at 41 and not even done all elite aps, but used him on some events. Getting abit sidetracked now, but point is, this is no new issue, tank has allways been TANK, and if tank messed up dps died and tank lived on until u could run back. Now with free flow of ankhs i can imagine how hard just leveling a tank would be. And the hard core farmers that imo. cant really have any fun in game, just see it as work.. they skip bringing a tank for saving 1 or 2min on a map, makes me giggle..
    If boss or mobs scaled to pt hp or armor or gear, it strange some maps run better with 2 tanks (i die less, mightvtake 2-4min longer to do the map, but i dont care). And im mage wich used tarlok wisdom gems since first tarlok event, have 200str atm and still get one shot in arena if tank choose me as the spot to be or spider pull me into proximity curse or the like..

Sidenote. Theres been timed elites on lb with 2x tanks. Paragemmed ofc, and pushed off again by the guys that want all the seasons timed lb..

And before some think this is a nerf tank thread, ur wronng, id like to play my tank again. I would like to see all tanks aggro on all skills, not need to take this and that skillupgrade to do their job, would be lots more to play with.. just my 97 cent. Sorry for long post and my main language not english, neighter is it my 2nd or 3rd.. so long post probably hard to read, bad for u lol..

Illwilly: proud to be mage even though we just pets in many peoples view..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Just take a look at world of warcraft and you can get some nice idea how successful warrior is there. Tank or Damagedealer. Our aggro skills need to be overlooked. And we need more debuff like armor reduce and hit reduce.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmwmsix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Agreed all of the above. This is a great game but there are some serious class imbalances. Only been playing to lvl 26 war and 20 mage so far and the differences are staggering.

Overweightank

Warriors are Very useless now, Only thing we're Really needed for is non-maxed Pt runs :/