Thread: Bring elite timer to tomb again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Bring elite timer to tomb again

Regarding the current complain about useless warrior, the simple solution would be bring back elite timer, so no parking trick, no easy mobs anymore. Warrior will be useful again. Also, don't forget to increase the dmg of arena boss to 200% and reduce their armor to a half.
    Last edited by kixkaxx; 01-27-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Overweightank

Its a good idea... But arent these buffs to the enemies exaturated? + 200% damage buff to arena boss is crazy, Arena bosses already 3 shot 7k warriors, this would be insane, Then anhks would go up for some reasonless damage buff, people are stopping on the arena runs because its a waste of potions and anhks, this is just going to cause more damage, It could bring back warriors, but dont forget that not every warrior has a bulwark and/or Imbued gear and planar pendant, 7k hp is a minimum. You need a good 7.5khp / 2500 armor tank for the 200% Damage buffed bosses. I would give a +1/-1 , its a win lose situation, it may make people happy at first, but it will hurt the economy in the long run!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Anyway the timer was taken off elite Tindirin and Planar Tombs due to pernicious dc problem. While things improved somewhat just in time for winter event, the game is now riddled again with lag and dc. I kept losing party members in T3 due to dc, and reintroducing timer would mean new or returning party members wouldn't be able to rejoin. As STS no doubt is also neck deep in preparing expansion, I would rather that the game stability is maintained and finessed before re-introducing timer that will bar dc'd player from rejoining party. Scaling no longer works in tomb anyway, timer or no. But the dc problem must be fixed or we'll be back to where we were when the tombs were introduced.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Anyway the timer was taken off elite Tindirin and Planar Tombs due to pernicious dc problem. While things improved somewhat just in time for winter event, the game is now riddled again with lag and dc. I kept losing party members in T3 due to dc, and reintroducing timer would mean new or returning party members wouldn't be able to rejoin. As STS no doubt is also neck deep in preparing expansion, I would rather that the game stability is maintained and finessed before re-introducing timer that will bar dc'd player from rejoining party. Scaling no longer works in tomb anyway, timer or no. But the dc problem must be fixed or we'll be back to where we were when the tombs were introduced.
    Scaling the mobs works perfectly fine and is still being abused by many people including myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Mobs scale still works but not boss. So yea might as well bring timer back cus mobs are nothing anyways scaled or no. And the way Ive been dc and lagging I can barely run tombs whether timer or no. If I cant play id be better off quitting game again

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    Mobs scale still works but not boss. So yea might as well bring timer back cus mobs are nothing anyways scaled or no. And the way Ive been dc and lagging I can barely run tombs whether timer or no. If I cant play id be better off quitting game again
    Don't quit the game, ever. These little temporary exlcusions that STS does dont last for long, beleive me, if you were to quit, the day after they would add something that would prevent the quit. Don;t give up, there WILL be the loose end tied, just dont know when :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Honestly not even sure if mobs' scaling even works. Anyway even if it does it really does not make much of a difference. I did several not scaled runs in tomb 2 and 3 today and yesterday and did not notice much of a difference and this with a member of the allegedly not wanted/needed class. Furthermore scaling bosses does not work anymore, hence the irrelevance of bringing back the timers in this regard.

On the other hand lag is back and it is pretty hard. The strangest thing is that one lags even with 100-120 ping, which should not be the case. Let alone the regular freezes on PC, which account for about 4 out of ten of my deaths. To summarize it is obvious, that sts has a long way to go before bringing back the timers or releasing new content for that matter.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Not a bad idea about bringing back timer but but but but....

.... We need a partylimiter and whenever dungeon u want to enter. One Tank, one Mage has to be in party...soooooo simmpleeeee.....this would end Rogues Legends instantly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

With season end on it's way, timers are necessary for anyone wanting to run leaderboards on the top elite maps.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

No one really cares about timed except the same people who obsess over it and win every season.

Is it not enough to have your name on just about every map?

You're getting a banner either way. >_>
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    No one really cares about timed except the same people who obsess over it and win every season.

Is it not enough to have your name on just about every map?

You're getting a banner either way. >_>
    See, that's rude, spiteful and completely uncalled for. You don't know me, or anything about me, and there is no such thing as a guaranteed banner. It is a highly competitive aspect of the game, and some of us enjoy competition without dealing with the idiocy of PvP drama.

There are a lot of people who enjoy running timed maps, and not just for leaderboard purposes. When running arena repeatedly, it's a lot more fun to challenge yourself by seeing if you can do it faster than the last run each time. Same goes for tombs. We also use the timers for testing builds; how fast runs are with crit builds vs damage builds, how long it takes to do certain things with various pets. There are a lot of things timers are used for, like improving their skills and strategies for best efficiency rather than sitting around putting others down.
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-28-2015 at 01:45 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    See, that's rude, spiteful and completely uncalled for. You don't know me, or anything about me, and there is no such thing as a guaranteed banner. It is a highly competitive aspect of the game, and some of us enjoy competition without dealing with the idiocy of PvP drama.

There are a lot of people who enjoy running timed maps, and not just for leaderboard purposes. When running arena repeatedly, it's a lot more fun to challenge yourself by seeing if you can do it faster than the last run each time. Same goes for tombs. We also use the timers for testing builds; how fast runs are with crit builds vs damage builds, how long it takes to do certain things with various pets. There are a lot of things timers are used for, like improving their skills and strategies for best efficiency rather than sitting around putting others down.
    retweeting this.. oh wait this ain't tweeter
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Ok, rude? Maybe. spiteful? No, I could care less to be honest.

And you're right, I don't know you or anything about you, and the banners aren't technically guaranteed -- However, I know enough about the timed board having watched it for few seasons, and nobody except the SAME handful actually goes for the timed board. Hell, you can pull it up right now and one of my own guildies pretty much owns it. So yea, it may be highly competitive (at seasons end mostly), but only for the same teams (with slight variations).

As far as what you use them for, that's great, but who are we kidding? It's not something that the majority of players even thinks about, so why even bother with it at this point? I'd rather have a stable map that everyone can run.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 01-28-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Speed banners are the only ones that can't be obtained by dummy farming and/or botting. They actually take skill, time and effort. Just because the same names end up on the boards does not mean those are the only people trying. It just means those are the most experienced runners who have the pulls / runs worked out. As for "owning" leaderboards, that's nonsense. I know some runners have claimed to "own" certain maps or sections of the leaderboards, to the extent where they have lists on who is "allowed" to get banners. The truth is, anyone can do it - it just takes perseverance.

In any case, who are we kidding? Timers are a major part of elite running, and they were ONLY removed so people could run conveniently while the devs worked to resolve a problem. For most people that problem is resolved. If they waited for everyone in game to have stable connectivity, we would never have the timers back. Removing the timers has also led to exploits which people have gotten too used to. How do we know? They fixed the boss scaling and people actually had the nerve to complain that they could no longer fight a 1 person boss with 4 people. The entitlement generation goes too far.

If for no other reason, timers should be reinstalled to eliminate these exploits and the abuse of them

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Bring back timer, bring back lag, lol bring everything back, IDGAF. BRING IT ON xD.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I want timers vlback since removing timers cause d the tomb chest and breeze market to tank, hard. I used to sell breeze for 3m and tomb chest for 800k, but prices are dropping more and more. Couple of weeks ago tomb chest were 450-500k now 350k. I'm not even gonna talk about the pink weapons. I now melt all but the brutality/assault versions and sometimes even those are not worth listing. Its gotten so bad that I don't even bother using a lepre or lix while running. Bring back timers and hopefully market for these items will start to improve.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Pls look at this, to solve warrior issue in PvE