Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    I think Carapace has it spot in here. The development should be focused to benefit end game content and players. Twinking is sort of a side activity.

Actually we would like to know exactly how armor blocks scales with defending against damage. Like 1 armor reduces 3 hp damage? This way we can weigh the options.
    I completely agree! Most of us that pve all the time are already daily frustrated by what pvp balancing does to pve... throw twink a balancing into equation and it's just that much worse! A couple people here got it right either don't even apply to non endgame at all or make is really scaled... ie. does little for lower levels and more for endgame. I mean let's be real here... lower level twinks can't even run arena o.O! This all started with how about some para drop in arena crates right?
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I think Carapace has it spot in here. The development should be focused to benefit end game content and players. Twinking is sort of a side activity.

Actually we would like to know exactly how armor blocks scales with defending against damage. Like 1 armor reduces 3 hp damage? This way we can weigh the options.
    The higher the armor goes, the more damage each point blocks. There's something on the works for this, should go up once Kali is less swamped from the tour of Arlor event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The higher the armor goes, the more damage each point blocks. There's something on the works for this, should go up once Kali is less swamped from the tour of Arlor event.
    Wow. If it scales on an exponential rate instead of a linear one that would be crazy. That way warriors will never die?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Based on concerns related to this, the armor amount scales per level, providing little to no benefit in regards to armor for lower level brackets.
    Armor does not and i repeat does not affect low level pvp if the -/+ are only 20-70 *approx, IMO in level 13 if u dmg 50 somebody with 550 armor, then with -50 armor to 500 your dmg will be 50 -> 47 *approx - this is normal attack. I've notice even if my armor is whooping 600 some rog still crit me 500 same as with my armor as 511. Just no so sure about when it come to skills but i bet its the same scenario.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    I completely agree! Most of us that pve all the time are already daily frustrated by what pvp balancing does to pve... throw twink a balancing into equation and it's just that much worse! A couple people here got it right either don't even apply to non endgame at all or make is really scaled... ie. does little for lower levels and more for endgame. I mean let's be real here... lower level twinks can't even run arena o.O! This all started with how about some para drop in arena crates right?
    Why do u guys have problem with twink/pvp atleast we complain less than u guys u guys have new and really op gear every event we got breeze nerfed but it didnt get nerf in pve did it o.o i guess this frustation is due to twinks almost ruling gauntlet lb and pvp lb is it o.o?

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Wow. If it scales on an exponential rate instead of a linear one that would be crazy. That way warriors will never die?
    Its linear

Armor works like this:

Armor Value * (Armor Modifier by level of attack mob) = Damage Reduction

This modifier goes down as the level of the attacking mob goes up, so that more armor is needed to maintain Damage Reduction as the player moves into higher level content.

This passive is a multiplier on the Armor Value, so that a small change might not have a huge impact on Damage Reduction, but the higher the base Armor Value the player has the more this passive is worth. Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.

For example:

Warrior with 980 armor at level 21 vs. Sorcerer with 500 armor at level 21.

Warrior DR w/out passive - 980*.00047619 (attacking mobs modifier) = 46.6% DR
    Sorcerer DR w/out passive - 500*.00047619 = 23.8% DR

Warrior DR w 4/5 passive - (980*1.04)*.00047619 = 48.5% DR
    Sorcerer DR w 4/5 passive - (500*1.04)*.00047619 = 24.7% DR

This benefit will grow as armor values get higher, which is one of the reasons why this passive will probably never go beyond its 5% increase. It would just become too powerful over time.
    There is chart of damage reduction per point of armor based on character leve (see blue line, red and green shows only possibly deviation):
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 157
Size:  61.2 KB