Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Ok what about, if % armor got problems with stacking of current passive modifiers (eg durable passive) or as zeus mentioned, armor debuffs can blow away, so if a given number is better then what about 0.25*item lvl on normal and 0.5*item lvl on grand? With a -1 primary stat penalty it should be reasonable for an end game warrior.

So on lvl41, if you use 10 of these gems, you receive -10 str that means -100 hp plus - dmg of course, but 102.5 armor bonus on normal and 205 extra armor if all supers. Thats reasonable, no?

Meanwhile, on lvl9, if you use 10 of these gems, then its the same -10 str -100 hp but only 22.5 plus armor on normal and 45 plus armor if all supers. Is it still too strong for twinks?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Too many gems out now, we don't need anymore gems :-/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The best solution will be:
    Limit those gems to be use at 40/41 gears only. High levels indeed need more armor to tackle para and eye gem. But not for twinks. They already been maxed out with gears been provided and armor boost or damage reduction pets like littlebear, Frist, abaddon, singe.

More armor for warriors will be chaotic at levels below 15. It's almost impossible to kill warrior with pure armour and 3 heal skill build. Adding more armor will simply ruin the pvp because nobody going to die and all u see at pvp is just trash talk and bla bla bla.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Limit those gems to be use at 40/41 gears only. High levels indeed need more armor to tackle para and eye gem. But not for twinks. They already been maxed out with gears been provided and armor boost or damage reduction pets like littlebear, Frist, abaddon, singe.

More armor for warriors will be chaotic at levels below 15. It's almost impossible to kill warrior with pure armour and 3 heal skill build. Adding more armor will simply ruin the pvp because nobody going to die and all u see at pvp is just trash talk and bla bla bla.
    How you limit a gem for lvl41 only?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Very good thank you But this part seems a bit wrong to me ( maybe i don't understand well?) : ''The chance to proc hit reduction debuff on attack ability does not stack, or benefit from multiple arena gems. This currently has a 2% chance on doing damage to go off'' 2%= 1/50. So this means that you have to attack someone 50 times in average to make the 20% Hit reduction thing activate? if thats the case, its VERY low.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    How you limit a gem for lvl41 only?
    May be setting a level requirement while upgrading?

If devs consider it then I'm sure they will sort it out with a level limitation for gemming gears.

Take an example of upgrading mythics at level 36. If possible to set up some quests for gemming then will make both twinks and high levels happy.

Current situation is:
    - low level twinks DO NOT WANT this gem to be out (cuz they fear more armor will destroy class balance)
    - high level DO WANT this gem to tackle massive incoming damage.

So, the solution is clear. Find the way on gemming process for high levels only without affecting the twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post

Lol, that's what I was about to suggest.

Since the gems comes from arena and only lvl 40+ can join, just make it current end game so that way, twink pvp is not affected by any classes being op. Or either make it character bound.

At lvl40+, this gem is just ok, if your willing to sacrifice a few stats.

And if ur a twink and ur complaining, you really have no say in this because this comes from an elite map. You can make suggestions for current end game is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

What does it mean vendor value is 2750? If we liquidate, it sells for 2750 gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

While I love hit reduction and agree that it is totally underestimated, having that part of the item non-stackable makes this just another Necropolis Cursed Skull (aka. major flop). If you have more gems,the chances of the hit reduction being applied should increase (this should especially be the case with the cursed skull and it's heal).

Such a ridiculously low chance of proc makes that part of it useless - it's just a sales gimmick and people will complain that it "never" procs until the gem is devalued to obscurity.
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

These gems are only next step to get warriors out of game.
    You get more armor to rogues and with 20% hit debuff they will be more untouchable (dodge + hit reduction).
    I vote "absolutely no" for these gems now. Released them after class revision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Meh, OK I guess. However I would personally like to see more intuitive gems that really imply a "gemming" strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

nice, the gem has proc ill be sure to get some
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't know any rogue that would want to switch out more than one of these gems especially considering rogue packs heal based off of health.
    Totally agree. Maximum 1 gem only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    These gems are only next step to get warriors out of game.
    You get more armor to rogues and with 20% hit debuff they will be more untouchable (dodge + hit reduction).
    I vote "absolutely no" for these gems now. Released them after class revision
    Can you please share your ideas how it will be more useful for warriors then? Whats wrong with people, finally a discussion BEFORE releasing a gem, not AFTER. Fyi, there is no way in hell that i replace my eye and para gems on my rogue with this, it is for warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Can you please share your ideas how it will be more useful for warriors then? Whats wrong with people, finally a discussion BEFORE releasing a gem, not AFTER. Fyi, there is no way in hell that i replace my eye and para gems on my rogue with this, it is for warriors.
    No. The warriors stated in this thread, including myself, don't want it/ don't prefer it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    No. The warriors stated in this thread, including myself, don't want it/ don't prefer it.
    How about if they change the proc to something else depending on which class wields them would warriors be happy, say:

+20% dmg increase for warriors *default duration from original proc(does not stack)
    or 10% base +2% per additional gem as to not discourage future farmers, and user of only buying 1

-20% hit to target for rog*default duration from original proc (does not stack)
    or 10% base +2% per additional gem

+15% crit for sorcs *default duration from original proc (does not stack)
    8% base + 2% per additional gem

or somewhere along this line, imo im pretty sure game engine can support this.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 02-02-2015 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Any other idea beside 'dont want it'?

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    How about if they change the proc to something else depending on which class wields them would warriors be happy, say:

+20% dmg increase for warriors *default duration from original proc(does not stack)
    -20% hit to target for *default duration from original proc rog (does not stack)
    +15% crit to sorcs *default duration from original proc (does not stack)
    2% chance still does not make a difference, just like on skull gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

2% chance still does not make a difference, just like on skull gems.
    probably, 2 - 5% would be safe percentage 7-8% would be OP imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I thought low percentage worked good for classes with DOT for the skull gems (in regards to the activation rate).

Not sure what would make the gem useful to warriors. Rather than scaling armor levels, it might be easier for sts to use damage reduction. Maybe .25% damage reduction. Overall, I don't think warriors are in desperate need of MORE armor. It's sacrificing the stuff they actually need more of and replacing it with something they already have plenty of.

The suggestions from epicrrr sound more like something you would get from an item such as the Planar Pendant but not from a gem.

We could always try just adding a one-time bonus armor for the first gem just like previous recent new gems.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I thought low percentage worked good for classes with DOT for the skull gems (in regards to the activation rate).

Not sure what would make the gem useful to warriors. Rather than scaling armor levels, it might be easier for sts to use damage reduction. Maybe .25% damage reduction. Overall, I don't think warriors are in desperate need of MORE armor. It's sacrificing the stuff they actually need more of and replacing it with something they already have plenty of.

The suggestions from epicrrr sound more like something you would get from an item such as the Planar Pendant but not from a gem.

We could always try just adding a one-time bonus armor for the first gem just like previous recent new gems.
    On the skull gems, each activation of the proc gets you a single heal of 2% of your total hp. Even if this had a 10% chance to occur, it would still make little difference in gameplay. As it is, the most hp a maxed arcane mage can regain with a fireball is 150-200 hp total, if they are super lucky and get 3-4 procs from the dot's.

I haven't had time to look into the details here, but has it been mentioned how long this hit reduction would last per proc, and on how many enemies?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.