Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gauntlet event LB banners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Instead of changing the new Gauntlet Banner design and making people angry, why don't we improve the old S1/S2 banners to make them more interesting? (or change banners to make them have a more distinctive feature about each one. Eg: Ctf banners have a ctf flag on it, Tdm banners having the face of trulle, PVE Timed Runs having a clock (a stopwatch will interfere with that Hourglass phoenix banner) etc, I think that'll be more interesting to see

Check out our Youtube Channel in my sigpic and our guild thread here!
    Til It's Gone... [RETIRED]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Paint it black!
    YOU HAVE FAILED THIS GAME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Keep it the way it is its a total different banner and any change would indeed irritate alot of us who are working hard to acquire the banner, this is exactly why I hate the fourms at times In The middle of an event or after we just bought something people who can't afford something or be bothered to work something dont want other people to have the reward, just selfish..... that's like me asking if no banner can be a certain colour cause season this or that is this colour, the banners a great design we all love it, hence why we are all running the event, change the design half way through would be a troll to us all.

Oh and for future gauntlet events the numeral should change and the colour, then we can collect them all, to repeat the same banner wouldn't give us much to strive for .
    Last edited by lethaljade; 02-01-2015 at 09:22 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    Keep it the way it is its a total different banner and any change would indeed irritate alot of us who are working hard to acquire the banner, this is exactly why I hate the fourms at times In The middle of an event or after we just bought something people who can't afford something or be bothered to work something dont want other people to have the reward, just selfish..... that's like me asking if no banner can be a certain colour cause season this or that is this colour, the banners a great design we all love it, hence why we are all running the event, change the design half way through would be a troll to us all.

Oh and for future gauntlet events the numeral should change and the colour, then we can collect them all, to repeat the same banner wouldn't give us much to strive for .
    Its not about that selfish thingy its not even a major issue but aesthetically it might to people who have banners from season 1 or 2, coincidentally this overlaps the banner season numbering. This has come to my attention because of the removal of "XIII" from the halloween event banner after its release and that "I" from gauntlet banner makes it natural to ask if its going to be an additional category to the LB where they put roman numerals.

Also while there arent many active owners of "I" (because s1 banner dont have a designation except time runs *drgrimmmny) and theres about below 20 who actively use "II" banners.

They are the oldest of the old and of "ancient" status IMO we should respect that.

in any case it is not a major issue so ok with anything.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 02-01-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: also while
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Sigh...
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 02-01-2015 at 09:33 PM. Reason: keeping the peace...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Since this is the first of this type of events the numerical should stay as it is. It has nothing to do with the seasons and i dont really get why some of u may feel the way u do.

Since sts makes desicions based on moans of a few, let me join the ranks, although on the opposite side and tell you this:

Dear Sts,
    I happen to be a mature person, who spent on this game a lot of cash and I'm continuously spending, my IGN: KACZALYDKA, and accounts associated. Change this banner, and I will RAGE QUIT this game, inculding other of your titles. My regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Since this is the first of this type of events the numerical should stay as it is. It has nothing to do with the seasons and i dont really get why some of u may feel the way u do.

Since sts makes desicions based on moans of a few, let me join the ranks, although on the opposite side and tell you this:

Dear Sts,
    I happen to be a mature person, who spent on this game a lot of cash and I'm continuously spending, my IGN: KACZALYDKA, and accounts associated. Change this banner, and I will RAGE QUIT this game, inculding other of your titles. My regards.
    With "I" or "VI" roman numerals you will run it regardless, afterall this is your easiest way of getting those banner with a number on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

If we are to follow the logic based on the numerals, take a look at the Exterminator's Banner from s2. It has the roman rumeral "II" in it denoting which season it was introduced, rather its actual placement in chronological order. This is the first banner for the CTF kills leaderboard.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  275.9 KB

Personally, I'm fine with any. I just want to see consistency.
    duck dynasty falls

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    With "I" or "VI" roman numerals you will run it regardless, afterall this is your easiest way of getting those banner with a number on them.
    Like i stated, i will quit playing and supporting this and other of their games if they change a thing. I took a part in this knowing what the reward was and i expect to receive it if i classify on LB. I want STS to stay consistent across all their announcements, not just this one. I do not care if there is I, IV or anything else, but i care about changing things after the announcement has been made and substantial portion of my time devoted.

I can live with constant nerfs and buffs on weapons and items despite losing millions, yet I cannot live with one or two unhappy, selfish kids affecting what i am about to receive and changing its esthetics.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    If we are to follow the logic based on the numeral ls, take a look at the Exterminator's Banner from s2. It has the roman rumeral "II" in it denoting which season it was introduced, rather its actual placement in chronological order. This is the first banner for the CTF kills leaderboard.Name:  image.jpg

You are confusing 'the event - the fist of this type of events ' with specific avenues available to explore for any given season. This is a perfect example of consistency for u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Like i stated, i will quit playing and supporting this and other of their games if they change a thing. I took a part in this knowing what the reward was and i expect to receive it if i classify on LB. I want STS to stay consistent across all their announcements, not just this one. I do not care if there is I, IV or anything else, but i care about changing things after the announcement has been made and substantial portion of my time devoted.

I can live with constant nerfs and buffs on weapons and items despite losing millions, yet I cannot live with one or two unhappy, selfish kids affecting what i am about to receive and changing its esthetics.
    Hope you dont contradict yourself when they decided to put in a single star marking it the first gauntlet.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    If we are to follow the logic based on the numerals, take a look at the Exterminator's Banner from s2. It has the roman rumeral "II" in it denoting which season it was introduced, rather its actual placement in chronological order. This is the first banner for the CTF kills leaderboard.Name:  image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Hope you dont contradict yourself when they decided to put in a single star marking it the first gauntlet.
    I actually hope they do not change it cos i will move onto a new game and put the access to my account on sale or give everything away. It may look like its about one tiny banner and a digit, but its not just this. My tolerance level has been streched over time by constant nerfs after i bought smth, buffs after I just finalised the sale or redesigning features after they have been announced (eyes), and as a result making me spend substantial amount of cash for nothing. I can only play a game in which i can trust whats being announced, unless there is a short note attached to it that says 'subject to the revision'. Right now its a matter of principle for me, and if that day comes whem i am forced to share the fruits of my work, rest assured you wont be among those with whom ill share them.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that the 2015 Gauntlet banner will have the Roman numeral in it. I understand that those from season 1 may be disappointed about but I believe it gives current season players something to hold onto as you guys did in season one, however this is the first of this event. If any suggestions could be considered from my point of view, I would suggest incorporating the event number and the season number on the banner some how, possibly, using the Roman numerals for the year, and the number 1 to accurately state the number of the event.

I hope my opinion isn't offensive to our more seasoned players. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

300 I banner Congrats all.

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Of course!

Attachment 117398

I guess you got competition now.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 02-06-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So basically you are saying that you participated in this event primarily so you could get a banner that would make it appear to others like you are one of the few people who won a banner in season 1.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's an idea.... How about instead of a roman numeral 1, banners for events like this could say "1st", "2nd", "3rd", etc. At least then they would not be confused with seasonal banners as they would have their own numbering system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here's an idea.... How about instead of a roman numeral 1, banners for events like this could say "1st", "2nd", "3rd", etc. At least then they would not be confused with seasonal banners as they would have their own numbering system.
    Anything that will deviate the current gauntlet from the I, II, III ... are very much welcome. In all Honesty like all event banner this shouldnt even have number but hey it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So basically you are saying that you participated in this event primarily so you could get a banner that would make it appear to others like you are one of the few people who won a banner in season 1.
    Diff perspective speaking; it is a subtle thought as to why there might be a confusion.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 02-06-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I personally have some season 1 banners and it would not bother me if you put the roman numeral for 1 on them. It's a different event and the banners do not even look remotely similar. I don't know. I just do not think it's a big deal.

Like, I was upset when they changed in season 2 how instead of the top 1 getting a banner, everyone who was in top 25 got a banner. I worked hard to get it and stay at number 1, but they changed it. However, I got over it and couldn't say I care now lol. I think it's a nice way to commemorate the start of a new event!
    Last edited by Petrichor; 02-06-2015 at 10:16 AM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petrichor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    I personally have some season 1 banners and it would not bother me if you put the roman numeral for 1 on them. It's a different event and the banners do not even look remotely similar. Therefore, I don't think they could get confused. I don't know. I just do not think it's a big deal.
    +1..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

well, remi confirmed in CB that they wont change the banner. I like how it was designed, it should remain as it is

cute is just my cover

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post: