Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Default Tour of Arlor Challenge - Week 1

Name:  Week1.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  70.4 KB

Week 1 of the Tour of Arlor Challenge starts with elite Brackenridge and Ydra Forest. To complete this weeks challenge, players must complete (and submit valid screenshots of) all elite maps for these two zones. The maps to complete are as follows:

Elite Brackenridge
    • Forest
    • Aqueducts
    • Brackenridge (this means both Jarl and Thunk, not just Jarl!)
    • Gold Mine

Elite Ydra Forest
    • Ydra Outskirts
    • Rooks' Hideout
    • Ydra Forest
    • Rooks' Nest

RULES
    1. To receive points, you must post ONE screenshot for you and your party, with all players visible on screen. Players that leave early or are not on screen will not receive points!
    2. Only players with their <Guild Tag> visible will receive points
    3. The boss must be visibly dead on screen OR the chat box must be visible and show the boss loot. If I can't see the loot in chat, nor the dead boss, NO POINTS will be awarded!
    4. At least one player in party must say the secret phrase. If I do not see this phrase in chat or in a chat bubble, the screenshot will be discarded, and no points awarded!
    5. No duplicate posts! Duplicates will be discarded, so party members, discuss before the run who will post the screenshot. Sorting out duplicates are a pain in the neck, so please be courteous and avoid duplicate posts.
    6. There are no restrictions on party size or party make up. You can run solo, with guildmates, with friends from other guilds, or even in PUGs.
    7. Any screenshot posted after the end-time (see timer below) will be discarded.

SECRET PHRASE
    Secret Phrase is:

SWEET

Please remember, if I don't see the phrase in chat or in a chat bubble, NO POINTS WILL BE AWARDED!

POINT SYSTEM
    • Each player will receive 1 point for each successful run (tanks receive 2 points). You can run the same map over and over if you choose.
    • In order to receive the one-time weekly bonus of 100 points, you must complete EVERY MAP in the challenge (i.e, run all 8 maps at least once).

WEEKLY PRIZES
    Top Guild of the Week by points scored: 1,000,000 gold (payable to the guild master of the winning guild)

TOP PLAYERS (BY POINTS)
    1st: 500,000 gold + Grimm Egg
    2nd: 250,000 gold + Grimm Egg
    3rd: 100,000 gold + Grimm Egg
    4th - 25th: 50,000 gold

SPECIAL STS PRIZE
    Remember, in order to receive the special gift from STS, you must complete all four weekly challenges (i.e., receive the 100 bonus points all four weeks). If you do not complete any one week, you will not be eligible to receive the prize.

START AND END TIME

Start Time: Start Time Countdown

EndTime: End Time Countdown
    UPDATE: Week 1 Will Be Closing Early. New Finish Date is Wednesday, Feb, 4th at 11:59 PM EST
    Feb. 2, 2015:
    The turnout has been so incredible that my team is overwhelmed with the sheer volume of all the posts! Plus, my poor server is being beaten into the ground with over 600 requests per minute on the public side and non-stop data entry on the private side. I had never expected to see such impressive participation and, to be honest, it is more that I ever could have hoped for. Unfortunately, with this much activity, we are already 50+ posts behind (representing about 400 unrecorded runs) and slipping further and further behind, that I have no choice but to stop a few days early so we can catch up and give you all accurate results. I'm sorry to make the change right at the start of the event, but I hope you all understand how much effort we are putting in to make this something fun for you all!

TRACKING AND REAL-TIME LEADERBOARD
    I have built a tracking website so players and guilds can keep track of where they stand, which maps have/haven't been completed, activity, etc.

You can access this website at the following URL: Tour of Arlor Tracking Website
    Note: There is currently some test data there so you can check out some of the features. I will delete the test data before this event kicks off.

If you have any questions about this website, please feel free to PM me.

**And guys, no funny business please. I put this together in my (limited) free time, and I am hosting this out of my home network. If I see any funny business, or any behavior that I don't like, I will shut this down, because the security of my home network is more important to me than what happens in game here. So, please, be respectful with what I am trying to do for you folks and don't ruin it for everyone else.**

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS?
    If you have any questions or comments, please post them to the main, planning thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204843
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 02-02-2015 at 03:34 PM.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: