Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Warrior Class going away?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Is the Warrior Class going away?

Seems more beneficial to just switch to Rogue, buy ring, and load up gear with eyes. At least that way we can play this game.
    Now they are running around with 1800+ armor and 50% crit and can pull and park mobs way more efficiently than Warriors.
    Bye bye Warrior Class.
    We've already said bye to mages....
    Last edited by Samaeldavisjr; 01-31-2015 at 10:42 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samaeldavisjr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I sincerely hope not.

Devs said in two other similar threads that they will look into it but unfortunately no news yet.

The issue seems to have been left out in the recent weekly update and i hope that it will be in the next one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It would need a complete overhaul of the warrior class. Pretty much need to be able to up the damage same as rogue to be effective at the moment. Many pro tanks have already given up and switched to rogue class and they're loving it! GG warriors
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    It would need a complete overhaul of the warrior class. Pretty much need to be able to up the damage same as rogue to be effective at the moment. Many pro tanks have already given up and switched to rogue class and they're loving it! GG warriors
    I completely agree with you on whats happening, this is why i think its really about time sts looks into the matter unless they are pro-have one class only in arcane legends.... Which i hope is not the case.
    I think the main thing that needs to be done on as a short term solution is to review the current warrior skills which already has the fundamentals structure but need to be updated in terms of percentage to keep up with the endgame demands, i think the potential dilema is jow this will affect the twink levels thus the programers wont just buff the skills.
    I just really hope sts replies with a concrete plan with a time sched so we as warrior atleast dont stay in limbo
    Thanks for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I hope not...warriors save my butt in PvP!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

It's easier said then done, when it come to changing up one class of fundamental. Because then it will also in some way effect the other 2 class.

The way I see if sts want all class in a way to be some what balanced. Sts need to completely separate the way PVP and PVE is played. As of right now all class are fundamentally being looked at and build up as PVE/PVP both with just one goal.

If you ask me PvP as of right now it is some what balanced, was better then before.

But lets look at PvE instead since this is mainly about PvE perspective and which class is more effective and being favored.

My thought is this. Rogue being over power and like kakashis said, armor is getting high up plus health, they literally can do all the crazy pull and survive easily. This isn't about just rogue. The way I see it is this. Rogue kill fast but quite slow on multiple mobs. Mage is decent but great on multiple mobs. Tank has high survivability but the protection and aggro doesn't seem to work that great. I learn something while running Winter Event Map over and over. That map is a perfect example how to build a better PvE system which would be best for all 3 class and let me explain.

Base on what I just said on all 3 class right above. Well in the Winter Event Map, IF say there was more mobs in the map like 50-100 rather then just 10-20 and not allow rogue to 1 hit them so easily and just increase the required amount of mobs kill for the boss to spawn plus make them a bit tough so rogue will have trouble surviving. This will then in a way slow rogue down forcing them to require mage to help kill bigger pull and tank to help them survive. Also tank aggro skills need to be improved such as allowing tank to hold MORE and LONGER aggro. Horn of Renew should aggro all Mobs within range and last for the duration of the skill cool down, if not at least 3/4 of the skill cool down leaving an open for mage to follow up with freeze and stun. Oh wait horn renew does taunt all mobs within range lol only until an over power mage or rogue which some how over ride that aggro with it's damages.
    Last edited by twoxc; 01-31-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    It's easier said then done, when it come to changing up one class of fundamental. Because then it will also in some way effect the other 2 class.

The way I see if sts want all class in a way to be some what balanced. Sts need to completely separate the way PVP and PVE is played. As of right now all class are fundamentally being looked at and build up as PVE/PVP both with just one goal.

If you ask me PvP as of right now it is some what balanced, was better then before.

But lets look at PvE instead since this is mainly about PvE perspective and which class is more effective and being favored.

My thought is this. Rogue being over power and like kakashis said, armor is getting high up plus health, they literally can do all the crazy pull and survive easily. This isn't about just rogue. The way I see it is this. Rogue kill fast but quite slow on multiple mobs. Mage is decent but great on multiple mobs. Tank has high survivability but the protection and aggro doesn't seem to work that great. I learn something while running Winter Event Map over and over. That map is a perfect example how to build a better PvE system which would be best for all 3 class and let me explain.

Base on what I just said on all 3 class right above. Well in the Winter Event Map, IF say there was more mobs in the map like 50-100 rather then just 10-20 and not allow rogue to 1 hit them so easily and just increase the required amount of mobs kill for the boss to spawn plus make them a bit tough so rogue will have trouble surviving. This will then in a way slow rogue down forcing them to require mage to help kill bigger pull and tank to help them survive. Also tank aggro skills need to be improved such as allowing tank to hold MORE and LONGER aggro. Horn of Renew should aggro all Mobs within range and last for the duration of the skill cool down, if not at least 3/4 of the skill cool down leaving an open for mage to follow up with freeze and stun. Oh wait horn renew does taunt all mobs within range lol only until an over power mage or rogue which some how over ride that aggro with it's damages.

+1

Ps: Warrior need not only longer aggro but they need also something like armor penetration...and some skills cool down reduced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Taunts also need to be built into warrior skills - not as an upgrade.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post

Increasing the number of enemies in a map is a good option but i think until the warrior skills are upgraded this wont help much in getting warriors to be beneficial in runs.
    Your point in warrior taunts is well presented, the issue we warriors face is that once the taunt is activated we cant maintain, thus i really suggest that there should be atleast a 2-3second perma taunt before the threath counter of mons start to recalculate.
    From what i hnderstand tha taunt upgrade resets the targeted mobs threat counter at the same time refocuses it on the taunting toon, the problem is the counter continues to look for threats and when a mage or rogue crits the focus is automatically removed from the tank making skills like jugg and hor taunts inefficient this its better to find way to reset more often.
    On a damge point of view even if the war damge looks high on the stat page its not as deadly to the mons i think this is where the bonjs damge or crit comes in and if u look i venge and skyward smash the mechanism to increase the crit damage is already there it just needs a boost.
    But i think the most efficient way to do it is to beef up the armor reduction and feeble percentage on cs and axe as these will really help the party in taking out the boss which is where the warriors are most inefficient

Thanks for reading

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think buff warriors?

So two class need some buff now warrios and mages! Cheers StS.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yah lets give the class with 7k hp and 2400 armor the same damage as a rogue

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Firstly I have to say that I do agree that warriors do need some tweaking. This being said I think that both the topic, as well as what some warriors state in this and the several similar thread is excessively exaggerated. The the reasons for this being the following:

1. "Now they are running around with 1800+ armor and 50% crit and can pull and park mobs way more efficiently than Warriors." This is true for a extremely small, really statistically negligible, number of rogues, which account for a total of less than 1 (one) % of the game population.

2. Although I personally do not mind running without a warrior, most of the people I run with do prefer having a warrior, especially for the planar tombs content, which is the content, which as we all know, is mainly being farmed right now. And I have to admit that warrior make runs a bit slower, but way less expansive in ankhs.

3. I have invited 3 of the warriors who have complained about the current state of the warrior class to my party in the planar tombs hubs. Neither of those invites was unsolicited and I was very polite when I asked them if they mind being invited to the party via pm. One left the party after inspecting its members. The second one said: "You are too weak. Sorry." In this second case the party consisted of 2 rogues and one mage, which all were full mythic (including weapon) and the only thing missing was arcane ring. The third one was a parody of a tank, who although he had practically max gear and arcane pet died like a fly on the boss in t3. Well, I have played in planar tombs 3 with full legendary tanks, who delivered a better performance than this dude. So what do you expect actually. THat you are entitled to choose who you play with, to insult people and to get frustrated why do not get parties?

4. Running tindirin elites, as a matter of fact all elite above Nordr, in a legendary pt is practically impossible (the wilds being an exception) without a tank is practically impossible, unless all pt members are loaded with 25+ ankhs per map and ready to use them.

As I have stated before the main problem is the gear gap and how excessively op maxed gear is at the current level.

Regards,

Azek

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

If Warrior in AL have Helix & Roar like Mogul Khan in DOTA.. That would be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have a question I haven't seen anyone ask yet. Why doesn't bulwark have taunt on a normal swing? I only see normal swing cleave 1enemy, charged cleaves3,, but I can loose aggro in the amount of time it takes to charge, please please please fix that, I had someone ask me doing elite egg if I was using taunt skills. A warrior should taunt just looking at a mob.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to machinedog For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Thing that make it worst imo is every class is not like what they should be.

warrior : ability to tank and agro mob, main stat should be armor and hp with less damage
    rogue : ability to be a killer, killing fast with crit and range, main stat should be high damage and crit but less hp and armor make them easy killed
    mage : ability to be a surviving support, main ability is high mana and hp with less damage and armor. Mage is a witch they should focuss on heal and use spell on mobs.

So theres no more party pve all rogue since they will die easily without tank or healer.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Thing that make it worst imo is every class is not like what they should be.

warrior : ability to tank and agro mob, main stat should be armor and hp with less damage
    rogue : ability to be a killer, killing fast with crit and range, main stat should be high damage and crit but less hp and armor make them easy killed
    mage : ability to be a surviving support, main ability is high mana and hp with less damage and armor. Mage is a witch they should focuss on heal and use spell on mobs.

So theres no more party pve all rogue since they will die easily without tank or healer.
    nah mage should have higher damage regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

warrior skill should be buffed up. boss already 2hits with normal dps so doing feeble doesn't make any sense. i think it should also reduce dmg.

although I hav 6.6k hp and 2.4k armour, it doesn't make any sense in T2. I still need to use Like 5-10 ankhs

hp and armour should be 7.5k and 3k as avg respectively. then would be good. as war dnt do much dmg.
    avg rogues and mages hav way dps and dmg then avg warriors. it's ok. they can kill easily I.e. offensive it's ok. their job is satisfactory.
    but
    y warriors can't survive easily (defensive) the way DPSer kills easily. they die like DPSer. warrior 6k hp and DPSer 3k hp makes no difference.

either enhance warrior skill so to be truly called as "warriors" or buff warrior stats. or change the map difficulty mechanics (whic is currently higher armour/hp, more difficulty)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It wont matter if a warrior has a better taunt. Rogues party together because they kill faster and don't need a tank or a mage to survive. They cant add more mobs to the maps since the game would become a lag fest so the only solution is to lower the survivability of the rogues. A rogue hits hard and should die fast, armor and health should be lowered. No way should a rogue be parking groups of elite mobs. Simply put, without protection they should die. There's a reason archers were in the back on the battlefield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    warrior skill should be buffed up. boss already 2hits with normal dps so doing feeble doesn't make any sense. i think it should also reduce dmg.

although I hav 6.6k hp and 2.4k armour, it doesn't make any sense in T2. I still need to use Like 5-10 ankhs

hp and armour should be 7.5k and 3k as avg respectively. then would be good. as war dnt do much dmg.
    avg rogues and mages hav way dps and dmg then avg warriors. it's ok. they can kill easily I.e. offensive it's ok. their job is satisfactory.
    but
    y warriors can't survive easily (defensive) the way DPSer kills easily. they die like DPSer. warrior 6k hp and DPSer 3k hp makes no difference.

either enhance warrior skill so to be truly called as "warriors" or buff warrior stats. or change the map difficulty mechanics (whic is currently higher armour/hp, more difficulty)
    6.6k health and 2.4k armour and 5-10 ankhs on t2 boss?!?! You Sir are doing something very very wrong. I know several full legendary and hence with lower stats than yours, who can teach you how to tank. I actually did 2 t3 rooms with one of them yesterday and he did not die a single time, nor he ever dies on t3 boss. Pm me if you are willing to learn. I am pretty sure that at least one of my dear tank friends will be willing to teach how to play the class.

P.S. On the topic of planar tomb boss 2. I have done numerous runs in t2, without boss scaling, without anyone in the party dying. Not even the mage(s), who were far away from maxed gear.

Near beaches between the middle of earth in the center of earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

IMO make atleast 8k hp and 3-4k armour and slightly increase the damage to 600-800,I have never seen a maxed out warrior to do damage like 800 but seen a rogue whose damage was around 990.
    It's ok tanks have low damage but not too low damage,what's the point in holding the big hammer when it does a little more damage than swords lower dps very much,atleast make us move fast for dodge lol.
    I also have a good gears and armors but what's the point when tomb 3 boss 1 hit ko's rogue with 1.9k armor and tanks with 2.5k armor,its nothing lol,please buff atleast the new weapons for tanks lol