Thread: Suggestion: Disbaling auto skill investment when leveling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default Suggestion: Disbaling auto skill investment when leveling

While leveling an alt or twink, every 2 levels (level 2, 4, 6, and 8) you learn a skill, right? But when you learn the first four skills, they automatically get invested 1 skill point into them, and it automatically maps them out on the map. I want it so there's either an option that we can disable so that doesn't happen, or if you have a lvl X+ it doesn't do that while leveling an alt because by level X you should know how to do that. I have wasted a fair amount of plat having to respec a twink after leveling him to level whatever, and ATM, I have a twink at the level I want him to be, and another I'm gonna level, yet the one that I have at the level can't be used, due to this skill investing thing, and I have no plat.

Any feedback? Thanks

Edit:

Sorry for the typo at the top, meant to put "Disabling"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

They said at one point (months ago) that they were considering some sort of auto-respec or free respec at level 10, but of course that never happened. A simple disable option is a nice idea, but there are already so many settings. Since it is just for new players basically, maybe it should only apply to characters made in the free slots, and characters in purchased extra slots shouldn't auto-spend SP.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Still though its just a waste for your skill points if you dont want anything in that skill. Espicially if your making a twink. Really its just a way to waste your platnium. It shouldn't automatically allocate your skills!!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Still though its just a waste for your skill points if you dont want anything in that skill. Espicially if your making a twink. Really its just a way to waste your platnium. It shouldn't automatically allocate your skills!!
    It does this for new players. Personally I think devs need to add something on the avatar screen, or the log in page saying "Need help? View this:" or something like that, then put in Kalielles video link, since I don't think very many new players that are very new have seen it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    It does this for new players. Personally I think devs need to add something on the avatar screen, or the log in page saying "Need help? View this:" or something like that, then put in Kalielles video link, since I don't think very many new players that are very new have seen it.
    Wait are you saying it only automatically allocates your skills if your a new player? Or that it does it for new players to help out? Good Idea with the video link btw!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Wait are you saying it only automatically allocates your skills if your a new player? Or that it does it for new players to help out? Good Idea with the video link btw!
    Thanks I was saying it does it for new players to help them out, so they don't go skill less wnd it kind of helps them knowing what to do.