Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks are homeless...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Agree with all you tanks asking for help...

I quit my tank cause I got sick of sitting around in gh and town all night and I loved my tank :-(

It's just rogue legends
    Shorties get squashed and fatties get left out... Something needs to change
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Keep your 2 cents. Because in this economy, you'll need it. The market is going "DOWN , under da sea" . Idk wether I should be worried, scared, or sorry , and just quit now, or suffer the wait and tempation to go online and atleast merch, but then realize there's nothing to merch, due the economy being as low as some people's standards. This game is falling apart, lets start patching it up, the process is probably like a injury. I will make a thread of this to show what I mean,
    You started a thread about warriors being cast out of desirable party members. I tried to show you how things go for a lot of people--rogues and warriors alike--outside your rarefied ivory tower of angst. You segued into a riff about the economy. OK then. Have fun writing another thread on that. Maybe others will take it seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    You started a thread about warriors being cast out of desirable party members. I tried to show you how things go for a lot of people--rogues and warriors alike--outside your rarefied ivory tower of angst. You segued into a riff about the economy. OK then. Have fun writing another thread on that. Maybe others will take it seriously.
    Basically if he was trying to relate between maxed out selected warriors vs non-maxed out wars, i gues the relation wasn't that straight. IMO, make the maps difficulty that a warrior is somewhat needed(ish) to maintain the balance. Also the new content must be like it forces ppl to actually FARM too...

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    Basically if he was trying to relate between maxed out selected warriors vs non-maxed out wars, i gues the relation wasn't that straight. IMO, make the maps difficulty that a warrior is somewhat needed(ish) to maintain the balance. Also the new content must be like it forces ppl to actually FARM too...
    Okay.. Run with a full maxed pt. Actually maxed, Arcane ring, planar pendant, mythic weps, imbued sets, etc. These are the people I used to run with before tanks became as useless. Tanks arent needed anymore, Im not saying they're not needed for pt's that want to take things slow, But if you want REAL gold in your wallet, you cant be running with pt's that take more than 10-15min per PT1/PT2/PT3 runs.If you do the math.. To make 1-1.2mil , It will take you 21 hours of PT3 farming. (I did the math of runs you need to do if they were 10min each) , 21 hours for 1-1.2mil is incredibly low. People say to take your time, But once you find other ways of making money, you'll see that anything under 3mil is barely an amount, I personally dont like planar tombs, not as the tombs, just my personality despises the place. too much time and effort for somthing I make in a week for walking around towns and talking. I just let money come to me, or let chances come by themselves. If I run for 21 hours and then get 1-1.2mil , ill feel like hating the game more, Altough this is just me. Tanks need a purpose, I never see any tanks invited to a run, wheter it's Arena or planar tombs. Wilds can be solo'd my tanks even, And elite runs dont at all pay off, but I like them due to them being fun, quick, and sometimes profitable. And dont anyone say "Then it's your guild" , because I'm talking maxed pt's , No people with 2.5k hp mages and etc. I think efficently and stubbornly. Very few know what I know. Farming is a lie atm. It used to be good, now they chances are set, but due to the economy being trashed, Nothing's worth it. 1 - 1.2mil is nothing in this game, a pendant that will do you barely any good is now 500-800k , You're paying much more for your pendant's and rings than anything. Its sad really...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Okay.. Run with a full maxed pt. Actually maxed, Arcane ring, planar pendant, mythic weps, imbued sets, etc. These are the people I used to run with before tanks became as useless. Tanks arent needed anymore, Im not saying they're not needed for pt's that want to take things slow, But if you want REAL gold in your wallet, you cant be running with pt's that take more than 10-15min per PT1/PT2/PT3 runs.If you do the math.. To make 1-1.2mil , It will take you 21 hours of PT3 farming. (I did the math of runs you need to do if they were 10min each) , 21 hours for 1-1.2mil is incredibly low. People say to take your time, But once you find other ways of making money, you'll see that anything under 3mil is barely an amount, I personally dont like planar tombs, not as the tombs, just my personality despises the place. too much time and effort for somthing I make in a week for walking around towns and talking. I just let money come to me, or let chances come by themselves. If I run for 21 hours and then get 1-1.2mil , ill feel like hating the game more, Altough this is just me. Tanks need a purpose, I never see any tanks invited to a run, wheter it's Arena or planar tombs. Wilds can be solo'd my tanks even, And elite runs dont at all pay off, but I like them due to them being fun, quick, and sometimes profitable. And dont anyone say "Then it's your guild" , because I'm talking maxed pt's , No people with 2.5k hp mages and etc. I think efficently and stubbornly. Very few know what I know. Farming is a lie atm. It used to be good, now they chances are set, but due to the economy being trashed, Nothing's worth it. 1 - 1.2mil is nothing in this game, a pendant that will do you barely any good is now 500-800k , You're paying much more for your pendant's and rings than anything. Its sad really...
    Ridiculous , you just don't want to run tombs , why accuse tank? You said that anything under 3m is not an amount, so in order to make 3m in 21 hours you have to run planar tomb in 4min? Show me how to do it with any party you want.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey everyone. I know tanks are in need of some love. In fact, all of the classes are in need of a closer look these days. Arcane Legends in over 2 years old now, which means a lot has changed in Arlor. New gear, new pets and new levels all mean changes in balance. Our team is taking a look at the whole darn system to determine the changes we can make to improve things for the long term, not just patches and band-aids. As you can imagine, this is not a short process. We know that you want fixes fast, but it took a long time to get to this point and we want to make sure we take the time necessary to fix it up right. We'll definitely keep you updated as we progress and determine exactly what these changes will look like. Keep an eye on my weekly updates in the GD section.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey everyone. I know tanks are in need of some love. In fact, all of the classes are in need of a closer look these days. Arcane Legends in over 2 years old now, which means a lot has changed in Arlor. New gear, new pets and new levels all mean changes in balance. Our team is taking a look at the whole darn system to determine the changes we can make to improve things for the long term, not just patches and band-aids. As you can imagine, this is not a short process. We know that you want fixes fast, but it took a long time to get to this point and we want to make sure we take the time necessary to fix it up right. We'll definitely keep you updated as we progress and determine exactly what these changes will look like. Keep an eye on my weekly updates in the GD section.
    Finally a dev/mod replied, thank you Remi! <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Thanks Remiem, we look forward to your updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

patience is simply low..
    some serrious bugs are in game since months..
    Stg is releasing new content all the time..really
    . Fix your bugs..

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

We're even excluded from the valentinrs day screenshotName:  image.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  97.5 KB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    OMG! xD ikr

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Lol! That's not intentional. That's my character and a mage NPC. That's only because I can't log multiple character on the test environment. I'll put a Warrior in the next one.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Lol! That's not intentional. That's my character and a mage NPC. That's only because I can't log multiple character on the test environment. I'll put a Warrior in the next one.
    haha that's funny actually XD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I personally, whenever I run t3 or arena, 90% of the time see a tank in the party, or the rest of us searching for a tank. The gears for a tank really don't matter, as long as they know what they are doing. There are some tanks without any taunt skills, therefore it makes them useless. However, there's those that never let go of aggro as well. I know some very experienced tanks, and the majority of them run with pink weapons. A tank I used to run with just saved enough gold for elon bulwark, but before he ran with magmatic claymore and icescale set. Even with claymore he still never let go of aggro, because he knew when to time his skills and all the kill points(t3). Its not your gears, its your experience in tanking. If people see that you are a good tank, they will add you as a friend and often pm you for runs.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I personally, whenever I run t3 or arena, 90% of the time see a tank in the party, or the rest of us searching for a tank. The gears for a tank really don't matter, as long as they know what they are doing. There are some tanks without any taunt skills, therefore it makes them useless. However, there's those that never let go of aggro as well. I know some very experienced tanks, and the majority of them run with pink weapons. A tank I used to run with just saved enough gold for elon bulwark, but before he ran with magmatic claymore and icescale set. Even with claymore he still never let go of aggro, because he knew when to time his skills and all the kill points(t3). Its not your gears, its your experience in tanking. If people see that you are a good tank, they will add you as a friend and often pm you for runs.
    An officer has 0 pt's . The problem is damage, if you have high hp, armor AND DAMAGE then people will pt you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Tanks won't get a damage boost that is more than a rogues aimed. Especially the max geared rogues. Can't have tanks with 2500 armor, 8k hp and 1500 damage. Better party buff/enemy debuff is the best solution. I run with tanks all the time. I'm max gear minus arcane ring. I have imbued, planar etc

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    Tanks won't get a damage boost that is more than a rogues aimed. Especially the max geared rogues. Can't have tanks with 2500 armor, 8k hp and 1500 damage. Better party buff/enemy debuff is the best solution. I run with tanks all the time. I'm max gear minus arcane ring. I have imbued, planar etc
    That's also a solution, either would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I'm not very good with photoshop, but i did my best...
    Attachment 118559

Back to the topic,

(feel free to disagree with my class balance suggestion)

Warriors are the Tanks in a party, which means they should have more armor and health
    Rogues are a damage class, so they should have more damage
    Sorcerers are a support class so they should have an in between number for armor/health/damage

however, now i see rogues with really high damage, health And armor,
    sorcerers, with low health and armor, but ok amount of damage (referring to with mythic (normal ints) set)
    Tanks have high armor/health

I think what would help is to lower the amount of health/armor rogues have, so that tanks will be needed to take damage while rogues and mages do damage

What are your thoughts?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I'm not very good with photoshop, but i did my best...
    Attachment 118559

Back to the topic,

(feel free to disagree with my class balance suggestion)

Warriors are the Tanks in a party, which means they should have more armor and health
    Rogues are a damage class, so they should have more damage
    Sorcerers are a support class so they should have an in between number for armor/health/damage

however, now i see rogues with really high damage, health And armor,
    sorcerers, with low health and armor, but ok amount of damage (referring to with mythic (normal ints) set)
    Tanks have high armor/health

I think what would help is to lower the amount of health/armor rogues have, so that tanks will be needed to take damage while rogues and mages do damage

What are your thoughts?
    That picture made my Year! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD omg x'D

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

IMO the problem began when rogues began to surpass 800 damage, tanks 700-ish and mages 900 with elixir. At these insane levels of damage, their is really no use for you to have protection as you deal way enough damage already & that the people who do have this gear have enough G's to

Too late to make changes NOW, though; there'll be too much crying. Increasing tank damage is not an option either. The only thing I can think of is massive debuffs in (READ THIS PLS ----->) PVE ONLY, tanks are OP enough in pvp tyvm.

By massive debuffs, think -50% damage for 1-2 second(s) to save the DPS from redzones. -50% armor on ax instead of 10 for 2-3 seconds. Sound good?