Thread: which bow has a better overall proc/passive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default which bow has a better overall proc/passive

Well, I've been punching in numbers regarding elon bow and frost bow procs. Elon users claim that elon proc is better, while frost users claim theirs is better. Why don't we just simply acknowledge the facts on these procs and specify pros and cons upon this discussion and possibly find out which bow is better.

A. - FROST BOW
    -This bow has a slightly higher stat compared to elon bow.
    -this bow's proc allows the user to cast a whirlwind (2 times at once (sometimes)) which damages and slows enemies near it and throws an enemy (player or mob) away after.
    -this bow has NO passive proc.

B) -ELON BOW
    -this bow has a slightly lower stat compared to frost bow.
    -this bow's proc allows the user to cast an elondrian bush which heals allies (240-300 hp/sec) as long as the player is either near or in the bush or damages enemies (player or mob) who comes near it.
    -this bow has a passive healing effect (40-45 hp) / per shot to either an enemy player or a mob/monster/boss.

procs and stats sorted out, lets discuss WHY both bows differ in prices, in maps and in PvP and the verdict will be seen upon player opinion and the number of players who share the opinion.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

PvE Perspective:

I wanted to clarify the mechanics of the frost bow, it was not described correctly when they gave it the buff. It does NOT allow a user to cast 2x whirlwinds at the same time. However,if two rogues are using two frost bows then there is a chance that they can proc at the same time releasing 2 whirlwinds. The whirlwind also draws enemy in not pushes them away.

Pros- frost bow hits harder, whirlwind proc is accurate and will head towards the enemy
    Con- frost bow proc is infrequent, does not proc 2x whirlwind for a single rogue
    Also, harder to find these bows with para gems.

I do use frost bow over elondrian bow because I find the bush buggy. I like how the frost bow hits harder, hence making it my preferred weapon for rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I prefer the frost bow now that they raised the proc rate. I think that the proc of the frost is more useful to me. I'll talk pvp to start. First reason is it doesn't proc in a random location. It always procs on a target. I find the slowing quite useful, especially when fighting a tank. The passive heal from the bow never seemed to save me from residual damage over time effects. Sometimes, in order to get to the bush proc, I'd have to take a less than desirable route to it. Second for pve, and I run almost exclusively in elites... Same thing. Any residual dot from elite enemies, esp bosses is far greater than what the elon bow can overcome. Compounded with sams passive regen, the elon bow provides a bit more but for me, Sam alone provides sufficient regen. Just my opinion and I've used both. I'd much rather have a team of frost bows in arena than a team of elon bows. It seems to me to be more helpful when the boss is constantly moving slow or almost unable to move.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

I've had 2 whirlpools spawn at the same time before but it is a little more rare. It is better than before! I also like how the bow freezes the enemies sometimes in pve. It's much lower than I thought as the claim 50%, but 50% of first hit then never again is very seldom lol
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    PvE Perspective:

I wanted to clarify the mechanics of the frost bow, it was not described correctly when they gave it the buff. It does NOT allow a user to cast 2x whirlwinds at the same time. However,if two rogues are using two frost bows then there is a chance that they can proc at the same time releasing 2 whirlwinds. The whirlwind also draws enemy in not pushes them away.

Pros- frost bow hits harder, whirlwind proc is accurate and will head towards the enemy
    Con- frost bow proc is infrequent, does not proc 2x whirlwind for a single rogue

I do use frost bow over elondrian bow because I find the bush buggy. I like how the frost bow hits harder, hence making it my preferred weapon for rogue.
    Proud owner of the coveted 3 para gem frost bow!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Proud owner of the coveted 3 para gem frost bow!
    >> So jealousth!

The whirlwind does push the mobs away in pve. Sometimes really FAR away = Mob flinging!!
    It draws the mobs to it, then flings them away. I don't think it flings all the mobs that are drawn in or maybe that was because most of them died.

The mob flinging can sometimes be annoying (lol).

From the previous posts, it sounds like there can be player flinging in PVP!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks:2035598
    PvE Perspective:

I have procd 2 whirlwinds at the same time a few times. I was the only frost bow user on my team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I sometimes proc 2 whirlwinds too, and YES, the proc send away mobs and BOSSES.

these days running gauntlet i literally play whit krunch, when he is near me i spam normal attack instead of spam skills and i send him so far, the problem is when i do that and proc 2 whirlwinds, first push boss and second PULL him to me and i got pissed then XD
    Last edited by Enterradora; 02-03-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

This whirlwind is just stupid for Pve noone needs that. Just a cnc breaker for Pve.
    You can say frostbow for pvp and elo bow for both.