Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends Downtime 2/3/2015

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

We believe the problem to be fixed now, please post here in this thread if you see long load times or abnormal delays when changing maps.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Moved PL from the cloud to co-located servers in a local datacenter?
    from ec2 classic to vpc, with some upgrades to memory and disk io.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    from ec2 classic to vpc, with some upgrades to memory and disk io.
    Nice

TzatOps and everyone in the team, thank you for your hard work all day and most of tonight for getting PL back on-line. We truly appreciate it!

Everyone in my guild and everyone I've spoken to reports that PL is back to normal.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Big round of applause for our Ops guys who literally worked day and night to get the game back up and running right! Those guys are some of the hardest working people at STS, no exaggeration.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    We believe the problem to be fixed now, please post here in this thread if you see long load times or abnormal delays when changing maps.
    Pl has been updated. Now I'm having long loading time when changing maps and also really high ping / no ping / lag spikes in the map itself.

EDIT:
    On computer I am still facing these problems. I tried on Android, everything is working perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 02-04-2015 at 09:04 AM.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Hey everyone!

We just wanted to provide you with a little more information about the issues that were experienced with PL yesterday. We performed an upgrade of the database and operating system on the database servers. Once we started up the game, we noticed that our database was performing poorly and under an unusually high load. We also noticed that players were experiencing significantly long load times. This was a result of our database queries taking an extremely long amount of time to complete. We performed several tasks, such as, upgrading the volumes of the database to obtain higher IOPS and executing some clean up/performance optimization actions on the database tables, in an attempt to resolve the problem. Ultimately, the root cause of the problem was that our database was executing a certain query in a very inefficient manner. Instead of using an index scan on our tables, which completed the query in seconds, it used a sequential scan that took minutes to complete. In order to resolve this issue, we made a configuration change that would tell the database to prefer an index scan when executing queries. Once that was implemented, our queries finished quickly and performance returned to normal.

Just want to say thank you all for being patient with us! Apologies for the extremely long downtime, as I know it must have been frustrating having the game down for so long. Thanks again for bearing with us while we worked to find a solution! Have fun playing PL!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krato5 View Post
    Hey everyone!

We just wanted to provide you with a little more information about the issues that were experienced with PL yesterday. We performed an upgrade of the database and operating system on the database servers. Once we started up the game, we noticed that our database was performing poorly and under an unusually high load. We also noticed that players were experiencing significantly long load times. This was a result of our database queries taking an extremely long amount of time to complete. We performed several tasks, such as, upgrading the volumes of the database to obtain higher IOPS and executing some clean up/performance optimization actions on the database tables, in an attempt to resolve the problem. Ultimately, the root cause of the problem was that our database was executing a certain query in a very inefficient manner. Instead of using an index scan on our tables, which completed the query in seconds, it used a sequential scan that took minutes to complete. In order to resolve this issue, we made a configuration change that would tell the database to prefer an index scan when executing queries. Once that was implemented, our queries finished quickly and performance returned to normal.

Just want to say thank you all for being patient with us! Apologies for the extremely long downtime, as I know it must have been frustrating having the game down for so long. Thanks again for bearing with us while we worked to find a solution! Have fun playing PL!
    ok thanks! that's what i thought was the problem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How come my game won't go to connect server? It just kicks me out?