Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 4, 2015

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Default Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 4, 2015

It's the month of love! Community love!

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update! It's February and you know what that means...love is in the air!

In This Week's Update

It's been a really fun week! First, we want to thank all of you for your feedback and participation in our latest mini-event, The Gauntlet. We learned some great lessons from this first run and are looking forward to more mini-events like this in the future. Congratulations to our current Overall top runners: Ioadingx and Piranhia tied for 3rd with 10,550pts, Mybad in 2nd with 11,200 points and big props to Iots who has run The Gauntlet a whopping 1,300 times for 13,000 points!! Whoa! It's not just overall leaders that win, though. We'll make a post tomorrow showcasing the top leaders for each class who will all receive prizes for their hard work.

In this week's Thursday update the Gauntlet will end and our lucky top 100 winners for each class will receive their prizes.

Additionally, we will be pushing a fix that will close the exploit players were using to scale down the bosses in the Planar Tombs maps (sorry, but it had to be done). Maps will no longer allow players to spawn in to a map after the boss spawns.

UPDATE: Due to an unforeseen technical issue the Planar Tombs scaling fix will be rescheduled for next week.

We looked into a number of your other bug reports and suggestions this week, which meant that this was a big week for research and a deep dive into some of your biggest concerns and grandest ideas. Here are a few:

Lag Issues
    We investigated and tested some theories on lag spikes this week, including one that was mentioned a few times involving people loading in to maps with large friend or guild lists. Looking at our logs, it does seem that this did cause lag at one point (before the holidays) but was identified and fixed already. At the moment, it seems that lag is largely regional. As some of you may know, Arcane Legends runs off of one server in America. This means that for players playing overseas, their game data must be sent over a much longer distance than if you were playing closer to the server location. This is why some players are seeing lag in Arcane Legends but not in other games or sites, since the servers for those other games/site may be located closer to you. We haven't given up though! We are continuing our deep dive into bandwidth optimization to help alleviate as much of this as possible, but aside from that we have not identified any other big bugs or quick fixes.

Class Balance
    I am always prepared for the "Buff Mage!" and more recently "Buff Warrior!" replies to each weekly update. As we've mentioned, we are very aware that the balance of our classes needs some love. During this week's Community meeting we toyed with the idea of putting in some quick fixes to help balance while we work on the new skills system, however...we ultimately decided that "quick fixes" just aren't the way to go. Here's why. While it may mean that players have to wait longer for real class balance, staying the course on our plan to really revamp our skills with balance in mind will actually result in far more accurate, sustainable and scaleable class balance. Quick fixes would be exactly that--quick--and we don't know how those would be effected in our bigger skill system plan. Which means...you guessed it...we risk heading back down the slippery slope of the buff/nerf cycle.

Please know that class balance is one of our TOP PRIORITIES. Of course there is always new content in the works, but we aren't sitting on our hands either. Just know that a huge overhaul like this take planning, planning, planning. And time. I will continue to update you each week as we progress so that you're all in the loop. Once we are far enough in the process we will be able to get you in on the process through a test server. We look forward to getting your feedback.

Mushroom and Rutger AP's
    As promised, we tested and tested this but it seems to be working as intended. That being said, it IS a really tough AP to get. Here are the requirements to get the Mushroom/Rutger AP in the Planar Arena:
    + Complete a fight vs. Rutger with Mushrooms as the environment effect
    + Everyone in your party must avoid getting hit by mushrooms. If one gets hit, the deal is off for everyone.
    + No deaths! The AP doesn't reset if you or someone in your party dies. Your next chance is your next arena run.

All of this means that having a full party actually makes the AP harder, but oh so much more satisfying. Either way, we have left the achievement the way it is. The biggest reason for this is that many people have already successfully completed the achievement, and it just wouldn't be fair to scale down the difficulty this late in the game. Please let us know if you have any further feedback or suggestions on this.

Coming Soon

Carapace is continuing his work on the Arena Master Gem. He's been conversing with the community in this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eil-Discussion where I believe we've reached a consensus on how the new arena gem will work. This gem is slated to be added to Arena Master Chests next week.

Also, we're getting closer and closer to Valentine's Day! Woo hoo! I just can't wait to share some more little teasers, so here's a look at the new token vendor and what's available for this year's event. Also, you'll be pleased to know that we have a brand new way of earning tokens this time around...

Name:  vanity-vendor.jpg
Views: 2604
Size:  91.4 KB

That's right! You'll be scouring the whole of Arlor for little candy hearts, that can then be crafted into event tokens. It's crafting love! It's love crafting! Here's a look at some of the fun new vanities that you'll find in the event. Featuring the return of everyone's seasonal favorite: Big Love. Vanities not your thing? You can also purchase sets of 25 stash slots (up to 250). The Love Crafting event will be coming to Arlor later this month.

Important Note: The purple vanities displayed are not available for tokens. These will be available for platinum only.

Name:  vanities-tokens.jpg
Views: 4136
Size:  365.0 KB

In Other News

We are also looking into your feedback on a few other items in the game, but do not yet have an ETA on when they will be addressed. Just know that we have heard you and have our eyes on them:

+ Red Zone accuracy. We will take a look into the most common complaints of inaccurate red zones and test them for discrepancies. Let us know if you've seen one that seems to be off on a regular basis. Most often this is a result of lag/latency issues, but if it's broken we definitely want to know. What we are on the lookout for are specific boss abilities that seem to have incorrect red zones. For example, one of Glob's red zones might seem accurate, while another may hit you outside every time. Give us as many specifics as possible, so we can really hone in on what needs a fix. Links to bug threads are always more than helpful, if they are available.

+ Smart Chat toggle option. This requires new tech and will need to be worked into our road map, but we have heard you and understand that Smart Chat just isn't for everyone. We'll update you as we get a better idea of when this feature will be available.

+ Ignores being account wide. We don't want people to just be able to just hop accounts to go around your /ignore's. Ignore means IGNORE! While there is not an exact date, we have an update going into an upcoming client that will make ignores apply account wide.

+ Adventurer's Kits. We have heard some people ask for these back... We're a little confused. They have been back for a while! But, remember, they are only available on Android and iOS, not Chrome. So, if you want to get your hands on that kit, you'll need to log in from your mobile device. Please let us know if anyone on iOS or Android is having trouble finding it so we can further investigate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!
    Last edited by Remiem; 02-05-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

First!

to topic;

Remiem, I think what could help on class balance is this (btw anyone feel free to disagree) :
    Rogues are a damage class
    Warriors are a defense class
    sorcerers are a support class.

Warriors should have more armor and defense (to keep other pt members alive)
    Rogues should have more damage/crit because they are the main damage people in a pt
    Sorcerers should be in the middle of the amount of armor/health/damage.

Nowadays, I see sorcerers (lvl41) with about 1100 armor, 2700 health, and 490-500 damage (with a lvl41 legendary staff)
    but rogues with near 4000 health, 1500+ armor, 1000 damage
    (how does a sorcerer beat them in a PvP fight? Warriors won't be needed if Rogues can do both tanking And killing)

Suggestion:
    Lower the armor/health of rogues (so that tanks will be needed during fights)
    add a little more armor to sorcerers
    give warriors a little more damage so that they can tank and help kill

Your thoughts?

lastly,

Can i get one of these hats for my mage?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 5.57.47 PM.png
Views: 2758
Size:  98.8 KB
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 02-04-2015 at 07:04 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I'd like to suggest along with the token purchaseable stash slots, maybe, we could get token purchaseable inventory slots :3
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I thought scaling down the mobs were the issue. Not the boss.

Fugly warrior vanity but I'll get it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Woohoo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Opry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great work remiem, the new vanities look awesome!
    btw, will the purple version cost 25 plat or more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    First!

to topic;

Remiem, I noticed that you wrote that the Adventure kit is for iOS, Android and Chrome.
    what if someone is playing via an Amazon Fire device?

Other stuff:

I believe she said NOT Chrome. And I believe you either need full access to Google Play for Android and Apple Store for iOS. I don't think Amazon Fire devices have full access unless you modify/root/change rom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Fugly warrior vanity but I'll get it.
    at least we can have a toga party in guild hall now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Haha nice. I'll force myself to use my imagination then.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thank you Remiem,

Suggestion for the Adventurer's kit, simple add this to the ingame store to be bought by platinum so even the players who dont use ios or Android can have a taste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Haha nice. I'll force myself to use my imagination then.
    Lol @ you both
    Avy
    12-2012

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

On class balance, from what I hear the major issues with mages in PvP is that they die too quickly and cannot counter back with enough damage to kill tanks. Instead of enhancing their defensive capabilities, how about this?

While mages have their shield up, their damage increases by 20-25%. Note that this is not meant to stack with pet damage boost from happiness bonus. Also consider giving their lightning strike a stackable crit bonus, much like rogues aimed shot.

Even with these buffs, survivability will no doubt be an issue, so here is what I propose. Scale the heal over time of their heal to level 41. Also provide a 15% armor boost the all allies under range of heal (including the mage themselves ofc). This would last for 5-7 seconds.l, enhancing mg their ability to play the role of a support class.

I do not know much about their other skills, but feedback is always welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Class balance is all good, but as it seems it is a long term thing and will take some time. Can you please a least fix some of the bugs on Madnex's list. A couple a week will take you far. As of now it seems like you have completely forgotten about it. Thank in advance!

P.S. What was this thing about scaling elite bosses? At least in the planar tombs you can't join the game during the boss fight. So what exactly do you mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    First!

to topic;

Remiem, I think what could help on class balance is this (btw anyone feel free to disagree) :
    Rogues are a damage class
    Warriors are a defense class
    sorcerers are a support class.

Warriors should have more armor and defense (to keep other pt members alive)
    Rogues should have more damage/crit because they are the main damage people in a pt
    Sorcerers should be in the middle of the amount of armor/health/damage.

Nowadays, I see sorcerers (lvl41) with about 1100 armor, 2700 health, and 490-500 damage (with a lvl41 legendary staff)
    but rogues with near 4000 health, 1500+ armor, 1000 damage
    (how does a sorcerer beat them in a PvP fight? Warriors won't be needed if Rogues can do both tanking And killing)

Suggestion:
    Lower the armor/health of rogues (so that tanks will be needed during fights)
    add a little more armor to sorcerers
    give warriors a little more damage so that they can tank and help kill

Your thoughts?

lastly,

There are no rogues with 1000 damage. You have it twisted. At 41, in pvp I have 530 damage (650+ pve), 4400 health and 1734 armor. I'm imbued will and planar pendant. Mages with my level of gear are 800+ dmg 4-5k health and 1200-1300 armor. I'm not aware of any rogue that has more natural damage in PVE than 816. Mages have the highest damage lowest armor low/medium health all gear equal. Warriors have high armor/health medium to high damage. Rogues have medium+ health, low to medium damage and medium armor. Take a look at max gear each class and this is what you'll likely see.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

So from what I read, it's just another week of No Action Talk Only (NATO). It has been how long since the class balance thread was started? Early 2013?

And mage continues to suffer? Just give us back freeze for now. That's simple right? Since it has returned in the form through a pet called breeze?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Personally, I'm against ignores being account-wide. While this may have some positive aspects, you it also has some negative ones. For example, secret characters, or ones which you don't associate with you, but are linked on your main account. All it takes is one ignore to the main account and you can figure out all of the secret accounts as well. I'm regretting purchasing 20+ slots with this email. In hindsight, I should have had my secret characters on different emails. My $0.02

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

mages get a hat! I get a hat! my IGN will finally will make sense!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Good finally having a meeting on class balance.

Your priority is not about getting in revenue from the game.
    Its building up the number of daily weekly active users you have interacting with the game. If you're good on this, you can explore in other areas.

No.1 Your customers behavior
    One game follow by 3 options, Mage Rouge Warrior. Get it done before you move on to other different phases.
    Once a user realize the 3 options are not balanced, they will delete it. 99% will not install the same game again.

Word of mouth through friends, social media is powerful.
    Anywhere Anyone Anytime
    Things like that can spread like a virus in the blink of an eye.

Remember what you just say
    "Just know that a huge overhaul like this take planning, planning, planning. And time. I will continue to update you each week as we progress so that you're all in the loop. Once we are far enough in the process we will be able to get you in on the process through a test server."

Quick Fix is not a solution for you, you need more time.
    Time = more opportunities for people to explore other existing games or new games.
    My question is do you guys know how many new games are being downloaded or uploaded daily weekly monthly?

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Littlegroot; 02-04-2015 at 09:34 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlegroot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    So from what I read, it's just another week of No Action Talk Only (NATO). It has been how long since the class balance thread was started? Early 2013?

And mage continues to suffer? Just give us back freeze for now. That's simple right? Since it has returned in the form through a pet called breeze?

Freeze would be really nice :-)
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

That means there won't be little love this year? With the waving at people with big love and stuff. lel
    Last edited by Sariita; 02-04-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Just noticed it was my 1337th post, haha.
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL